Media Former Olympic Champ Henry Cejudo Weighs in on Simone Biles Situation (Disagrees)

Its not that she quit its the way the Media acts like its such a honorable and brave thing to do. It sends a bad message to the youth. But what do we expect from the Media at this point. There is nothing brave or honorable about quitting and letting your team and country down. But coddling is all the rage these days.

Its not that she quit its the way the Media acts like its such a honorable and brave thing to do. It sends a bad message to the youth. But what do we expect from the Media at this point. There is nothing brave or honorable about quitting and letting your team and country down. But coddling is all the rage these days.
1627417895617.jpg

Why is it so bad to suggest that she couldn’t handle it? She’s a human after all. Also, women are 10000 times more emotional than men. Male pros go through nasty divorces, injuries and other setbacks but still compete….you can’t expect that from a woman for the most part, imo.

I wish the girl good and hopefully she comes back stronger.

Henry came from a poor immigrant family and won olympic gold for the USA as a teenager, he also went on to capture two different division world championships in the premier MMA league in the world. Considering wrestling is way more difficult and stressful, I think he deserves to be heard.
How does his socio-economic background have ANYTHING to do with him telling another person with a (diagnosed by a professional psychiatrist) mental health issue that in reality, they DON'T have a mental health issue, it's just "pressure"??? And unless you're both an Olympic caliber wrestler AND gymnast, you would have no idea whatsoever "which sport is more difficult and stressful" to master at an Olympic level. Regardless, HIS opinion on the matter is irrelevant and ill-informed considering that...

1. He's neither a psychiatrist nor psychologist.
2. He's not Simone Biles so he has absolutely NO idea what her mental state is.

This article explains what she is going through called 'the twisties'. Essentially a gymnast has to rely on feel when flipping and twisting through the air. Sometimes the mind body connection gets f'd up and not much you can do about it at the time.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/28/us/simone-biles-olympics-gymnastics-physical-mental-health/index.html
I read this article. It does seem true that if you feel off before a fight, you fight, and there’s numerous ways to exit, you’re probably not going to die. However if you’re flipping really high in the air and you’re totally off, you might crush your neck and die

How does his socio-economic background have ANYTHING to do with him telling another person with a (diagnosed by a professional psychiatrist) mental health issue that in reality, they DON'T have a mental health issue, it's just "pressure"??? And unless you're both an Olympic caliber wrestler AND gymnast, you would have no idea whatsoever "which sport is more difficult and stressful" to master at an Olympic level. Regardless, HIS opinion on the matter is irrelevant and ill-informed considering that...

1. He's neither a psychiatrist nor psychologist.
2. He's not Simone Biles so he has absolutely NO idea what her mental state is.
She's so brave... A Media Darling.

Every irrelevant neckbeard with a shit take on mental health circle jerking and whatabouting away another human beings problems. So many triggered snowflakes.

I have a Xanax prescription. I'm not saying she should take 5 mg and go out there but they go as low as 0.5 mg per pill. She wouldn't be a zombie out there
I mean I've never had 0.5mg but I dont think any strength benzo is going to be conducive to athletic performance, you probably know it zaps your energy, but I get what you're saying

pretty sure Simone Biles doesn't require a consensus to make this decision. She made it knowing full well that the absolute worst parts of society would react to it exactly the way they have, and she did it anyway, because she felt it was best for her. Find something else to pretend to be outraged about already, this shit is boring

"She made it knowing full well that the absolute worst parts of society"

I hate to tell you bud but you haven't gotten outside much if you think triple C or detractors are the worst of society.

Why is it so bad to suggest that she couldn’t handle it? She’s a human after all. Also, women are 10000 times more emotional than men. Male pros go through nasty divorces, injuries and other setbacks but still compete….you can’t expect that from a woman for the most part, imo.

I wish the girl good and hopefully she comes back stronger.

Took another girls spot?
Biggest stage of athletics in the world?
No injury or reason other than "wasn't feeling it?"
Had a team counting on her?

idk... Imagine if just a UFC champ did that between rounds or before the fight. He'd get endless hate.
Or hell even something weekly like football.

Last edited:
Eh, it's Biles' decision. I have no idea what she's going through or dealing with given everything that's happened to her.

Not surprisingly, the people commenting on it, including Henry, also have no idea what her actual situation is.

I agree with this.

She wouldn’t have reached her status in the first place if she was a “quitter”.

Get a life moron mental health is real fucking issue. You probably would fold like a lawn chair if you ran the Birger King you blow people people behind. You have no idea what people are going through and what they deal with behind the scenes. As an mma fan you watched the sports biggest star fall because of his mental health issues in Conor, it’s playing out publicly. People like you are dumb as shit, you must be American

Eik. We got a sub 80 IQ one boys.

I see both sides but I’m also mindful that the issue she’s been dealing with (the sexual abuse) has been following her for years and she’s been in the lime light for it non stop through the court case and after … being a world class athlete and having that additional pressure which that pressure alone has killed women… for me to judge? No way.

So Henry is wrong for a few reasons:
1) unlike wrestling or basketball or most sports, gymnastics is really dangerous if you aren't 100% mentally together. Simone could have seriously injured herself.
2) she got a shitty score on the vault. Performing at that level was hurting the team.
3) she doesn't need to cement herself as the GOAT, she's already done that. Simone has 6 Olympic medals and 25 World Championship medals. She has 4 moves named after her in the code of points. She won the individual all-around in 26 straight national and international meets, from 2013 to 2021.

"Unlike wrestling gymnastics is a really dangerous sport!"
You're spiking people on their head... It's one of the highest sports in the world for injury.
Just felt like pointing that out. Not saying gymnastics isn't dangerous but it's a voluntary flip vs an involuntary :)

Today's athletes these days are such babies. Y'all probably young to remember this but an American gymnast Kerri Strugg vaulted on a broken foot to beat America's arch nemesis, Russia, for the gold medal. One of the greatest olympic moments if you ask me. I hope Kerri Strugg tweets something like "don't be a bitch" to Simone Biles lol

To be fair she ruined her future career. I should look her up and see if she still thinks it was worth it or if she regrets that. My guess is she regrets that despite how epic it was at the time.

Yo also another reply - everyone saying suicide is higher than ever and then when someone actually reaches out and asks for a break, y’all gonna judge her? Regardless of her job / career, we all deserve that.

Last edited:
Back