Media Former Olympic Champ Henry Cejudo Weighs in on Simone Biles Situation (Disagrees)

I wouldn't be that harsh on Biles if she didn't put in super hard moves in her routine. She is the only female that can do it in the world and they didn't score it that high to keep it fair. She complained about it which is cool but the media ran with it claiming she is the GOAT. Now she shit the bed and she quit early.

Gymnastics is weird. It used to be about choreography, artistic expression and difficulty of moves. The Americans only started doing well because they started scoring difficulty of moves higher now. It's mainly because the US competitors are explosive.

Jordan took two years away from basketball during the peak of his career.

It's called a retirement. He wasn't using the cap space that was freed up to bring in other superstars and assemble a team without him.

It's not the same as a star player bailing in the middle of the finals with no replacement. How does a concept this simple confuse simpletons like you?

I hate coaches that put down their student at highest level if have bad performance they care more about themselves then the person themselves when it comes to athletics acting like they know everything that's going on in that person life didnt watch cejudo video but wrestling a perfect example of a sport with shitty coaches for most part weight cutting add in mix all they care about is win win win win which is cool but sometimes u don't kno what someone going thru in personal life how their diet body responding effecting mental and family issues not their place to judge and some coaches especially wrestling can be straight up dicks n assholes only care about themselves and results they don't care about u they not out there at that particular point in time with that person mind problems so even if they had success before they think can act like better then u I was supposed be state champ wrestler on 1 year experience dominated every kid my grandfather passed away I couldn't eat sleep was way underweight lost against kids I pinned in 30 seconds then next year the asshole coach wouldn't let me wrestle one last year because he lied to me said impossible I had bad grades but they let me year before when had bad grades found out later guy lied to my face didn't like me because he wanted me bring first state title to team with brand new coach and I didn't because I was mentally and physically sick from personal problems even tho I killed all the kids weeks before I cut so much weight I still have some health problems to this day from weigjtncutting heavy trash bags sauna no one taught me do it properly and to have some old asshole critique me on 1 year experience I thought was a cunt move fuck that old geezer coach who didn't even know me just judge me not knowing what I was going thru sorry for ramble lol some coaches assholes who don't deserve be coach

Last edited:
I wouldn't be that harsh on Biles if she didn't put in super hard moves in her routine. She is the only female that can do it in the world and they didn't score it that high to keep it fair. She complained about it which is cool but the media ran with it claiming she is the GOAT. Now she shit the bed and she quit early.

Gymnastics is weird. It used to be about choreography, artistic expression and difficulty of moves. The Americans only started doing well because they started scoring difficulty of moves higher now. It's mainly because the US competitors are explosive.
Because they are all on the PEDs.

I hate coaches that put down their student at highest level if have bad performance they care more about themselves then the person themselves when it comes to athletics acting like they know everything that's going on in that person life didnt watch cejudo video but wrestling a perfect example of a sport with shitty coaches for most part weight cutting add in mix all they care about is win win win win which is cool but sometimes u don't kno what someone going thru in personal life how their diet body responding effecting mental and family issues not their place to judge and some coaches especially wrestling can be straight up dicks n assholes only care about themselves and results they don't care about u they not out there at that particular point in time with that person mind problems so even if they had success before they think can act like better then u I was supposed be state champ wrestler on 1 year experience dominated every kid my grandfather passed away I couldn't eat sleep was way underweight lost against kids I pinned in 30 seconds then next year the asshole coach wouldn't let me wrestle one last year because he lied to me said impossible I had bad grades but they let me year before when had bad grades found out later guy lied to my face didn't like me because he wanted me bring first state title to team with brand new coach and I didn't because I was mentally and physically sick from personal problems even tho I killed all the kids weeks before I cut so much weight I still have some health problems to this day from weigjtncutting heavy trash bags sauna no one taught me do it properly and to have some old asshole critique me on 1 year experience I thought was a cunt move fuck that old geezer coach who didn't even know me just judge me not knowing what I was going thru sorry for ramble lol some coaches assholes who don't deserve be coach
Periods and commas, learn how to use them. Sweet fuck!

Henry came from a poor immigrant family and won olympic gold for the USA as a teenager, he also went on to capture two different division world championships in the premier MMA league in the world. Considering wrestling is way more difficult and stressful, I think he deserves to be heard.

Nothing compares to combat sports, wrestling, and judo. The weight cutting alone is tougher than almost any other sport. Then you got the absolute violence and pain of it. Nothing compares.

The difference between guys and girls. That's all this is. If a guy did this, he'd get a beatdown in the back from all the teammates he let down.
Oh, don’t forget the media would eat him alive

gymnastics evolved from ballet, which is as artistic as you can get on a stage. therefore it carried a lot of the elements it defines it over to gymnastics - elegance, grace, all that. sadly starting the eighties, when everybody starting juicing like crazy, it just became a muscle race, and now you have these 5 foot high 150 lbs barrels that can do all sorts of high flying tricks but look just like that doing it - graceless, heavy-footed barrels. the eye test does not lie - whenever you see these girls that are 5 foot high yet built like linebackers, ahem, you can figure things out for yourself. it's just a circus these days sadly.and the word on the street is biles didn't have her ritalin available, so....oh i can't do it without. ok. great champ, i get it.

regarding the situation at hand - it's bizarre how everybody in the american and british media are kissing her ass, oh how brave and how amazing, she is a winner blabla, yet the rest of the world just presents the situation as clinically as possible - gymnast quits for reasons, russians win. the end. it's very manipulative and quite pathetic to read all these homilies on how great biles is because she quit. fuck outta here with that shit.

on cejudo talking - i guess he's right.

3 minute vid but some quick cliffs for the ADHD Sherdoggers/shertards

-Says Simone needs to check herself
- Needs to be shown some tough love
- You need someone to kick you in the ass not a bunch of yes men around you
- Need to remind yourself it’s an event every 4 years to cement yourself as one of greatest athletes of all time
- Tattoo’d a goat on herself and has to live up to that (references Jordan flu game and him beating Moraes on 1 leg and shoulder)
- Pressure makes diamonds, should have competed and lived with end result
Pressure makes diamonds but what makes him think she needs or wants to be a diamond. CCC is a egomaniac with an inferiority complex. This means he looks in the mirror and sees failure so he pushes himself to stardom to "prove" he is not a manlet. Of all his accomplishments, him stepping away might be the biggest and best...he might finally be relaxing....and for a guy who walked away, he sure is hypocritical of a girl who is taking a breather by walking away....maybe he should apply those same rationalizations to himself walking away. Not everyone cares about what he cares about. Healthy people really dont have to push themselves the way he pushed himself and sorry CCC all the belts in the world wont stop yourself from seeing a loser in the mirror.

Civil discourse only

<LikeReally5>

TL;DR: Both sides have valid points. Simone Biles is a human being who may very well be struggling with mental health, however, she also paraded around less than a month ago about being the GOAT and proceeded to disappoint her team, and the world. I personally see both sides and am relatively neutral on this subject, and I won't attack you for whatever opinion you may hold.

My take as a former elite A-Level 6 Star recruit High School football player. Simone Biles is both right and wrong, and both sides of the argument have credit. Simone Biles is likely the greatest gymnast of all-time, and a big part of Team USA's success. She is also a human being. Mental health is not to be discounted, and if a person says that they need to take a break from something, or they need time alone to cope etc. that person should not be discounted. You don't know what somebody is going through, especially a world-class athlete with the expectations of their nation on their shoulders. HOWEVER, Simone Biles was parading around no less than a month ago about her being the GOAT of gymnastics (which is true, regardless of this incident), and making a big ruckus about her success. If you do shit like that, and then pull out of the final event and are likely the reason why your team got Silver instead of Gold, you should not be immune to criticism. Imagine if a guy like Jon Jones or Amanda Nunes went on a huge marketing campaign about their GOAT status, only to pull out of their next fight on the day it's scheduled to happen because of "mental health". They'd be crucified. Being a world-class athlete comes with tremendous mental stress and pressure to perform. That's part of it. GOATs step up to that. Simone Biles did not (at least in this case. There may be numerous other times where she felt this way before an event but decided to muster up the strength to push on, which is admirable). I am not going to call Simone Biles a pussy, a quitter, a liar, or any of that. But I will simply state that in recent years, mental health has become a crutch for people (usually women who have a minuscule fraction of the pressure faced by Simone Biles) to cling on to as an excuse for making questionable and bad decisions. Mental health struggles are not something that the person going through wants to publicize if they are as serious as they make it out to be. Granted, that goes for the common person, and not Simone Biles. There was no way Simone Biles could do what she needed to do for her battle with mental health without it getting publicized, she's an Olympian and that's not her fault. Regardless, both side's arguments hold water. And whether you agree or disagree with her decision, she is still a human being just like you and I.

Good post

The main takeaway from the Simone Biles situation is that people should stop being so invested in other people's personal lives

There's a million reasons an elite athlete might or might not be able to perform to his or her ability on a given day. She's very obviously not actually mentally ill, so people should respectfully accept her decision to bow out and leave it at that

Eh, it's Biles' decision. I have no idea what she's going through or dealing with given everything that's happened to her.

Not surprisingly, the people commenting on it, including Henry, also have no idea what her actual situation is.
Right on

Imagine the abuse a white male fighter would get for quitting in between rounds to protect their mental well being.

Nothing but abuse for forest Griffin from Fans and his employer for fleeing the octagon after fighting Anderson due to mental health issues

walk her along the streets of Detroit then ask her what's really troubling her...

She is having issues.
It is a broad term.

People seem to act like it is nothing when it is most likely very serious.

Kind of like saying that someone is a quitter from having an injury. It can mean that they have a bruise or it can mean that they are paralysed.

Eh, it's Biles' decision. I have no idea what she's going through or dealing with given everything that's happened to her.

Not surprisingly, the people commenting on it, including Henry, also have no idea what her actual situation is.

So, he's diagnosing Simone Biles, the most decorated gymnast in history, with not having "mental health issues" but being unable to handle "pressure"???

Fuck off Cejudo.

Simone Biles doesn’t have to prove anything to you degenerate basement dwellers. Put some fucking respect on the GOAT’s name, no one knows what her situation is.
Thankfully some appropriate responses.

Back