Media Former Olympic Champ Henry Cejudo Weighs in on Simone Biles Situation (Disagrees)

Nearly all of those are from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I don't follow women's gymnastics but she's widely regarded , by non-Americans also, as the greatest gymnast ever in terms of the stuff she is pulling off out there.

With that said, yeah I know it's not politically correct to say but she should go out there and compete. Social anxiety or something? Take a Xanax and get out there and do your thing.
Yeah, the Forrest Griffin method, how could taking Xanax before flying through the air and needing to nail a landing possibly go wrong.

Today's athletes these days are such babies. Y'all probably young to remember this but an American gymnast Kerri Strugg vaulted on a broken foot to beat America's arch nemesis, Russia, for the gold medal. One of the greatest olympic moments if you ask me. I hope Kerri Strugg tweets something like "don't be a bitch" to Simone Biles lol

Nope, Kerri Strug and Dominique Moceanu, who both competed injured at the 1996 Olympics, support Simone's decision.

1996 Olympic Gymnast Kerri Strug Praises Simone Biles’ Decision – NBC10 Philadelphia (nbcphiladelphia.com)

Today's athletes these days are such babies. Y'all probably young to remember this but an American gymnast Kerri Strugg vaulted on a broken foot to beat America's arch nemesis, Russia, for the gold medal. One of the greatest olympic moments if you ask me. I hope Kerri Strugg tweets something like "don't be a bitch" to Simone Biles lol

You realize that one of the people supporting Strugg in that video is the man who sexually abused a lot of gymnists, including Biles, right? Still wanna say that's a beautiful moment for sports?
Henry came from a poor immigrant family and won olympic gold for the USA as a teenager, he also went on to capture two different division world championships in the premier MMA league in the world. Considering wrestling is way more difficult and stressful, I think he deserves to be heard.
No point really in playing the suffering Olympics but I'm pretty sure most people, even Sherdoggers, would choose Cejudo's path over Biles'

A great moment for sure.

The vault she did to win is far below what Simone Biles does for warmups.
This is true, Simone does much harder vaults than Strug ever did. Although to be fair, they changed from the vaulting horse to the table in 2001, which makes it a lot easier to do complicated moves. Also completely changed the scoring system since then in a way that encourages you to do difficult, dangerous moves; they got rid of perfect tens and instead you have a difficulty score and an execution score.

I think that without the change the more advanced gymnasts like Biles and the like would still wreck the ten point system but still halt the sport by not challenging them to advance,

Eh, it's Biles' decision. I have no idea what she's going through or dealing with given everything that's happened to her.

Not surprisingly, the people commenting on it, including Henry, also have no idea what her actual situation is.

This. I get where Cejudo is coming from, but not everyone is like that. There have been days when my favorite fucking activity on Earth I feel like withdrawing from because of a sudden event in my life, not even necessarily a tragic event, or a bout of depression. The Olympics is really just a big, public activity.

This is true, Simone does much harder vaults than Strug ever did. Although to be fair, they changed from the vaulting horse to the table in 2001, which makes it a lot easier to do complicated moves. Also completely changed the scoring system since then in a way that encourages you to do difficult, dangerous moves; they got rid of perfect tens and instead you have a difficulty score and an execution score.
Simone wouldn't win anything on 10 system. This code is best case scenario for someone with big tricks and mediocre form.
Her decision cost someone a spot on that team, imagine being an alternate and watching Simone just choose not to compete because she got lost on a trick.

3 minute vid but some quick cliffs for the ADHD Sherdoggers/shertards

-Says Simone needs to check herself
- Needs to be shown some tough love
- You need someone to kick you in the ass not a bunch of yes men around you
- Need to remind yourself it’s an event 4 years to cement yourself as one of greatest athletes of all time
- Tattoo’d a goat on herself and has to live up to that (references Jordan flu game and him beating Moraes on 1 leg and shoulder)
- Pressure makes diamonds, should have competed and lived with end result

Civil discourse only

<LikeReally5>

isn't she already a gold medalist? Let her pull out. Who cares. she's proven she can compete at that level already.

I dont really care either way but some of the responses are wild. If this was a man would those "supporting her bravery" hold the same stance. I doubt it. I dont think she should be vilified but she certainly doesnt deserve any praise either.

Apparently China banned a lot of anti depressants too which are mostly used by females so that could play a part.

tl;dr brush up on your Chinese b/c a gen of mentally weak quitters like this is why we're getting murked in the next world war

Nearly all of those are from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I don't follow women's gymnastics but she's widely regarded , by non-Americans also, as the greatest gymnast ever in terms of the stuff she is pulling off out there.

With that said, yeah I know it's not politically correct to say but she should go out there and compete. Social anxiety or something? Take a Xanax and get out there and do your thing.
Lol bruh not sure if you've ever had a xanax but I cant really imagine doing backflips with coordination after taking one

The difference between guys and girls. That's all this is. If a guy did this, he'd get a beatdown in the back from all the teammates he let down.

Back