former coach says tarverdyan is abusing ronda

stellarborg

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Snowden spoke with Rousey’s former coach Leo Frincu

“The loss to Holly Holm validated something she felt deeply,” said Frincu. “That she wasn’t good enough, that something was fundamentally wrong with her.”

“I bet she felt like a fraud. Or even more, the way she lost to Holm, Ronda probably felt like she can never escape her past, can never feel good about herself. Boxing, or her new and better self, let her down that night. That explains her suicidal thoughts and the reason she collapsed emotionally.”

It is a pretty lonely life being Ronda Rousey.”

Frincu believes Tarverdyan’s initial disdain for the eager, female, MMA neophyte Rousey helped cement the relationship.

“He may not even know he does it,” said Frincu. “Maybe it’s cultural. Maybe that’s who he is and that’s how he treats women. It just happens that the worst thing that could happen to her is pairing up with that guy.

“She associates guilt and emotional blackmail and all this poison with love. That is love to her. To show anything different than that—to show respect, to treat her like a professional and a human being—that’s foreign to her.”

Frincu says the relationship with Tarverdyan is tumultuous, with Rousey at times texting or calling dozens of times in an hour. Rousey believes that Tarverdyan drives her to emotional lengths in a way that mimics the pressure of a fight, and leaves her better prepared as a fighter. Others attribute the apparent machinations to simple incompetence.

Frincu said the filming of The Ultimate Fighter in 2013 was more than he could contenance. Rousey was stressed to the point her hair was falling out.

“The way he talked to her—wow, what I witnessed,” said Frincu. “The way he talked to everybody, going on these rants. Cursing about how terrible she is. I felt uncomfortable. The next morning I took a plane and I left.”

“It’s almost like there’s not a real world around her. It’s almost like a self-destructive organism.”

“It’s all emotional. There’s no logic in that camp.

Everything there is rage and anger.”

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/former-coach-why-i-left-rouseys-camp

maxresdefault.jpg

Interesting read. Now I'm wondering why the Gracie bros weren't in her corner for this fight.

Abusing... Sexually???
no mentally.....It makes sense. He seem to have full control of her. How she sided with him even after her mum came out and said what she said makes no sense

So Senior Edmond's is verbally abusing her? It's time for Travis to make a name for himself and once for a change do something good in his life. Travis should dig down deep inside to channel his inner Greg Jackson training and throw one of those Overeem style kicks. You can do it Travis.

Well no shit. And yes it is a cultural thing. They treat women like shit. Unfortunately some women like Ronda have issues that attract them to such scum

Last edited:
How is Snowden covering this from jail anyway?

Right on TS.....Ronda has lost everything in MMA because of that tool Edmond. She had all the tools to continue being a champ but she chose to stay with that moron. She is done in MMA now.

Edmond's more of a cult leader than an actual coach. :D

Back