Former champ Nicco Montano miss weight by 7 pounds ahead of her return.

lol at comparing Nicco Montano to Simone Biles. Montano was stripped of the title after being hospitalized during her weight cut to defend against Shevchenko. If you get hospitalized during a weight cut, that means you tried.

I made no reference to Simone Biles. I'm talking about how silly it is to compare Carla Esparza as a champion, a fighter, and a professional with the joke that has been Nicco Montana's career.

Wow. Again?

She must loooooove fry bread.

The inaugural flyweight champion. Fucking hell!

She's the Simone Biles of mma.
To be fair Simone was the best overall gymnast for 7 years. I wouldn't compare that to some lady winning a 2 month tournament and then losing to Pena as "comparable".

The top 3 seeds relative to the weak competition that is 125. 115 is far more talent rich. Esparza at least try to defend against the scariest contender in that division at the time. Not sure why you’re comparing those two anyway. If you take away both their championships, Esparza is still the better and more professional fighter.
I don't even like Carla but her tournament wins have aged really well (Rose, Torres, and Penne)

To be fair Simone was the best overall gymnast for 7 years. I wouldn't compare that to some lady winning a 2 month tournament and then losing the Pena as "comparable".

I don't even like Carla but her tournament wins have aged really well (Rose, Torres, and Penne)
They really have. Penne maybe less so, but that was a pretty competitive fight at the time.

When someone has to move up a division because they can't make weight, and then they can't make weight at their new division, that's a massive character issue.

It's embarrassing that someone of Nicco Montano's caliber will go down as not only a UFC champ, but the FIRST UFC 125lb women's champ. It's embarrassing to the UFC, it's embarrassing to WMMA, and it's embarrassing to Valentina and her title.

How can you be this unprofessional? Cut her and be done with it.

How disappointing, cut her and someone close needs to tell her to figure her shit out.

Nope. Montano beat the #1, #2, and #3 seeds to win the tournament. That was far more impressive than Esparza winning a tournament she was supposed to win.
That's complete bullshit dude.

Not to mention Rose I believe was the favorite to win their first fight, albeit slightly

Nicco rehydrating after the weigh-in...

iu

Lol nailing it with a 2 liter bottle of sprite.

Back