Forgotten UFC fighters of yesteryear

John Hathaway, he was a promising prospect but injuries hit him often, I saw he fought for the first time in 8 years and got a win in October.

Nate Quarry
Chris Leben
Rick "Horror" Story
Charlie "The Spaniard" Brennerman

FUN FACT: Average UFC Career lasts less than two years or on average 3.3 fights.
Its def a young person's sport but the promotion backing and backstory/gimmick is almost as important. Crazy right?

Eugene "The Wolf" Jackson. He fought guys way bigger than him.

Was thinking about some of those old guys who nobody ever seems to mention anymore.

The Dave Menne's, Gil Castillo's, Mikey Burnett's, Phil Baroni's and Marilo Bustamante's of this world. Good to great fighters who just fought at the wrong time, or weren't consistent enough to ever be elite.

Who's on your mind and why?
upload_2022-12-4_18-9-56.jpeg

I remember the hype Melvin Guillard was getting on this forum before Lauzon went through him

Alan Belcher, Denis Kang, Akihiro Gono, Marcus Davis

Big Sexy Sean McCorkle I remember him being a funny dude and he got a little bit of hype behind him, he lost a couple of matches got cut and he didn’t do anything big after
He's on the MMAroasted podcast with Don Frye all the time. They are both funny as hell. Adam Hunter is the host, but you don't listen for him. The episodes without Don and Sean are totally skippable, aside from the last Askren one which was pretty interesting. But Don and Sean together are gold.

Back