Forgetting to eat or drink.

SevenSamurai

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I worked 20 hours yesterday in Dallas and was so into it that I literally skipped meals all day long unintentionally -tonight after 13 hours at work, I went for Sushi -and suddenly realized I hadn't ate or drank anything in way over 48 hours.

Anybody ever have this happen to them? I'm thinking it's stress related -as I have to finish what I'm doing or I will have to cancel my vacation in a week and a half -which will be my first real time off this year.

I just don't know how you don't get clues, symptoms, and pains from your body telling you to at least drink.

When I used to work a salary job, I would not eat at all until like 2 pm... and sometimes without realizing. Probably 50% of my calories were consumed via alcohol too. Not good.

you work 20 hours a day?, what do you do?

im thinking either hired merc or gigolo

designing/engineering for some TV shows.

Mostly at my computer or standing on set for hours.

Standing and walking around on set for hours I'm surprised you don't get hungry. But sitting at a computer, especially if the lights and A/C around are always constant its not surprising if you just turn into a veg and forget about everything.

no

i get hungry so then i eat things

this is usually the way it works

If you are super stressed or busy it can happen. The busier I am, the less likely I am to eat. But I never forget to drink. I always drink lots of water no matter what.

i can not operate on another level without food. my mind cant convince my body it doesnt need it. but when im working a 12 hour day ill only eat a pbj sammy halfway through. and ill drink a redline energy drink which helps curb appetite and keep me going

I used to have a bad habit of that when I was really busy, passed out a few times. After like 25 that stopped in a hurry. Kinda hungry right now.

I get this way during the busy season at work, I'd go 8-10 hours on coffee and bites of what ever I was cooking/baking at the time.

7sam, I've got your answer- camel pack with a mixture of red wine and protein gel.

Incredibly rarely, but it's happened.

If it's physical labor, I have to eat or I get shaky/lightheaded.

I never skip drinking but a lot of times ill forget or just intentionally don't eat for a day. Sometimes ice from drinks just works out for me. Its not good for you though and it makes your breath stink.

I do this all the time when I am not surrounded by people and more or less left to my own devices.

I'll forget to eat for a day or two at a time.

OTOH, I also don't have a cutoff switch. If I am continuously exposed to food, I will eat 6-7 full meals a day.

Yeah, and it happened today. I knew I had to eat, but I kept putting it off as if it was an annoyance.I was pretty busy all day. I think intense focus and some stress will do that. You just notice that you haven't eaten rather than actually feel hungry.

I have gone 24 hours only eating a small bag of chips. I'm not a big eater but I still need something.

I went over 56 hours without eating. Not because I forgot but because I couldn't afford food. It was horrible. I boiled water to drink. I spent most of my time sleeping because I didn't have energy and it hurt too much. Eventually it stopped hurting.

once a drank way too much whisky and beer one night and i woke up after a few hours of sleep still drunk and sick as hell

i was sick all day and since i couldn't even keep down water i didn't try to eat anything

when i finally ate the following day it had been about 40 hours since my previous meal

not really the same thing as forgetting to eat however

Back