Forget Weidman and Bisping, bring down Mousasi!

Then I haven't heard a decent argument for him getting a title shot other than people don't like weidman.

Beating lombard seven years ago doesn't mean he's relevant in today's mw division.

Amazing how hard some people work to make a case for Silva to fight someone who doesn't have great take downs.

What's with the fighting guys? Anderson still has 2 fights left on his current deal, and all signs point to him wanting to sign a new deal. I think he ends up fighting them both. So here's the plan:

1) Vitor KOs Bisping
2) Mousasi KOs Kyle
3) Vitor vs. Mousasi for #1 contender
4) Weidman fights winner of Okami/Lombard (by the time Weidman is ready to fight again, the timing will match up)
5) Weidman/Lombard winner gets next shot after Vitor/Mousasi winner

This does leave Rockhold out, but maybe we can give him Costa or Cung Le in the meantime.

Then I haven't heard a decent argument for him getting a title shot other than people don't like weidman.

Don't worry about that.

I hadn't heart a decent argument for Weidman getting a title shot until Anderson finished Sonnen the second time.

Those arguments tend to show up once Anderson is done with whatever hope the haters have clinged to.

Amazing how hard some people work to make a case for Silva to fight someone who doesn't have great take downs.

Are we talking about Hendo and Chael again?

Because it seems history is repeating itself.

What's with the fighting guys? Anderson still has 2 fights left on his current deal, and all signs point to him wanting to sign a new deal. I think he ends up fighting them both. So here's the plan:

1) Vitor KOs Bisping
2) Mousasi KOs Kyle
3) Vitor vs. Mousasi for #1 contender
4) Weidman fights winner of Okami/Lombard (by the time Weidman is ready to fight again, the timing will match up)
5) Weidman/Lombard winner gets next shot after Vitor/Mousasi winner

This does leave Rockhold out, but maybe we can give him Costa or Cung Le in the meantime.

Rockhold deserves the shot before Vitor or Mousasi, easily. Vitor got his shot, then got a shot at LHW. Mousasi has done absolutely nothing in the MW division, or even the LHW division that would warrant him getting a MW title shot before Luke Rockhold.

Wand has wins over rampage sakaruba Henderson Le and Bisping. Should he get the title shot next? That resume is better than any one.

Is Wanderlei still a top ranked fighter? Is he 14-1-1 in the last 4 years? If so I guarantee you people would be calling for Silva vs Silva for the title.

Don't worry about that.

I hadn't heart a decent argument for Weidman getting a title shot until Anderson finished Sonnen the second time.

Those arguments tend to show up once Anderson is done with whatever hope the haters have clinged to.

Well, Weidman scares YOU, that's a pretty good argument.

If he didn't, you'd be saying "bring him on!".

and who has Mousasi beat in MMA to say he's 'established'? Mark Hunt? Sobral? Jake O'Brien?????

Munoz and Maia >>>> Mousasi's wins.

Dude, you on crack?

Jacare, Lombard, Babalu, Sokoudjou, Manhoef, Hunt, Cyborg, Kang (plus Kyotaro on K1) > Munoz and maia

The problem are his losses and draws, not his wins...

Are we talking about Hendo and Chael again?

Because it seems history is repeating itself.

Yes, it is.

A challenger with good take downs come along, and Silva fans say anything and everything about why the fight shouldn't happen.

Such little faith.

Why not have faith that ALL history will repeat and Anderson will finish him?

There's a difference between being established, which is what he was responding to, and getting a title shot.

So who should get the title shot? Vitor (1-1) at MW, Bisping (3-1 in last 4), Weidman (5-0 at MW)? Or Mousasi who hasn't fought as a MW since 08' and best win is Manhoef?

And the nine fights this is such a cop out. He as proven as any mw and he didn't need to beat 15 no names to do.

Lol, no he isn't. I have no idea how he would do against legit top 5 mws

And no threat standing? He outstruck his last two top five mw opponents. And he beat a great striker in Sakara. Is belfort the only mw that you can beat to prove you can beat a striker?

Maia is a BJJ guy and has decent striking at best and Weidman looked horrible against him. Munoz is a wrestler with decent striking at best. And Weidman looked like crap against Sakara on the feet.

Dude, you on crack?

Jacare, Lombard, Babalu, Sokoudjou, Manhoef, Hunt, Cyborg, Kang (plus Kyotaro on K1) > Munoz and maia

Just take a look at those wins...most at lhw...most a long time ago...and kang and cyborg?

You're such a troll.

You're such a lousy poster. If you take exception with something I said point it out. Thats what we're all here for, to discuss mma right? So stop hatin and start discussin.

Well, Weidman scares YOU, that's a pretty good argument.

If he didn't, you'd be saying "bring him on!".

Mate... you can look at my post history.

I've said it before, there's no guy I want Anderson to fight more right now than Weidman. Not because I think Weidman has a chance, but because it'll be yet another fight that Anderson was supposed to lose against another opponent that Anderson was ducking.

Nothing has changed.

All the things I hear about Weidman now, I've hard about Hendo and Chael. Difference being that those two guys can take a punch.

Lol, no he isn't. I have no idea how he would do against legit top 5 mws

You'll never know, because the second Weidman beats them, you'll stop considering them top five middleweights.

If Anderson had done to Munoz what Weidman had done, you'd be defending the awesomeness of Munoz to your last breath and talking about how amazing a win it was.

The two biggest names on his record are Jardine, which was a draw and Mo Lawal, which was a loss.

Who cares if his record is Rickson like at 400-0 if it's against has beens and never were???

Jacare & Lombard > Maia & Munoz

Try again. And please stop with the big pictures, trolling accusations. Just discuss the topic.

Dude, you on crack?

You just named a few people he beat years ago, and some people that are beyond has-beens or never-weres. I see two quality wins on that list, which came 4 and 6 years ago.

Mousasi has not fought against top competition for a long time. He lost to Lawal and draw against jardine does not look good. Mousasi is not good enough to defend takedowns

So who should get the title shot? Vitor (1-1) at MW, Bisping (3-1 in last 4), Weidman (5-0 at MW)? Or Mousasi who hasn't fought as a MW since 08' and best win is Manhoef?

Weidman would have gotten it but he decided not to fight Vitor.

So logically, you'll have to give to the guy who decided to fight Vitor in his place. That guy being Bisping in our case.

Mate... you can look at my post history.

I've said it before, there's no guy I want Anderson to fight more right now than Weidman. Not because I think Weidman has a chance, but because it'll be yet another fight that Anderson was supposed to lose against another opponent that Anderson was ducking.

Nothing has changed.

All the things I hear about Weidman now, I've hard about Hendo and Chael. Difference being that those two guys can take a punch.

I also think Anderson beats Weidman, but then I have more confidence in him than most of his diehard fans.

I just think it's transparent why so many Anderson fans don't want this fight.

Back