Forget Weidman and Bisping, bring down Mousasi!

Why should he have to fight a decent striker?
So he can take them down and grapple fuck and submit them like he has great wrestlers in his division?

The only people whining about Weidman are Silva fans.
If he's so unproven and terrible, why doesnt Anderson just get a quick, easy win over a top 3 guy?

Then you guys can chant from the top of Fanboy Mountain about how overrated he is, and be completely justified.

And the reason he looked bad against Maia is that he cut 30lbs on 10 days notice. Why does that always get conveniently left out?

He should to warrant all this hype. Silva fans aren't the only ones, plenty of non-Silva fans that aren't exactly haters don't understand the rush to crown Weidman either. Don't try to turn into some Silva fan bullshit. Weidman can end up getting picked apart by a decent striker since we've yet to see him fight one. That isn't really some far fetched fanboy/hater assumption. Maia was very ill going into the fight as well, so did you conveniently leave that out? lol Get over the fact it's not about any fanboyism. Some people simply believe Weidman has a lot to prove still, that shouldn't be so hard to understand with him only having 9 fights with no striking threat doesn't make me want to crown him as the next big thing like some of you do.

I actually try to analyze a fighter by his fights and not just some face value mess like most of Sherdog. I was a "hater" when I was trying to tell Sherdog Story doesn't have what it takes to be a top contender for long as well as Ellenberger not being a #1 contender too. Sue me.

So when he does fight Anderson and gets ko'd in the first rd, we don't have to listen to people making excuses about how Weidman wasn't ready.

If he does get KO'd it's nothing but a chance to improve and be a better fighter given his young age.

Mousecop Mousoussi only has a name because he was riding the Fedor hype train. He was training with him and that is the only reason people know him. He has been up and down in far less orgs than ufc. Doesn't impress me one bit. I hope I'm so wrong because I would love to see Anderson fight Weidman, Bisping, then him and then super fights.

He should to warrant all this hype. Silva fans aren't the only ones, plenty of non-Silva fans that aren't exactly haters don't understand the rush to crown Weidman either. Don't try to turn into some Silva fan bullshit. Weidman can end up getting picked apart by a decent striker since we've yet to see him fight one. That isn't really some far fetched fanboy/hater assumption. Maia was very ill going into the fight as well, so did you conveniently leave that out? lol Get over the fact it's not about any fanboyism. Some people simply believe Weidman has a lot to prove still, that shouldn't be so hard to understand with him only having 9 fights with no striking threat doesn't make me want to crown him as the next big thing like some of you do.

I actually try to analyze a fighter by his fights and not just some face value mess like most of Sherdog. I was a "hater" when I was trying to tell Sherdog Story doesn't have what it takes to be a top contender for long as well as Ellenberger not being a #1 contender too. Sue me.

He was undeniably the number one contender after the munoz win.

And the nine fights this is such a cop out. He as proven as any mw and he didn't need to beat 15 no names to do.

And no threat standing? He outstruck his last two top five mw opponents. And he beat a great striker in Sakara. Is belfort the only mw that you can beat to prove you can beat a striker?

He should to warrant all this hype. Silva fans aren't the only ones, plenty of non-Silva fans that aren't exactly haters don't understand the rush to crown Weidman either. Don't try to turn into some Silva fan bullshit. Weidman can end up getting picked apart by a decent striker since we've yet to see him fight one isn't really some far fetched fanboy/hater assumptions. Maia was very ill going into the fight as well, so did you conveniently leave that out? lol Get over the fact it's not about any fanboyism. Some people simply believe Weidman simply has a lot to prove still, that shouldn't be so hard to understand with him only having 9 fights with no striking threat doesn't make me want to crown him as the next big thing like some of you do.

Sakara is more then a decent striker, he is a very good striker his chin has just been cracked too much, he also has good TDD, he still got dominated by Weidman who took the fight on short notice.

Don't act like Weidman hasn't faced a good striker because he has, I would say Sakara has stand up about equal to, Stann, Bisping, Belcher, and Philippou, of the top 10 guys the only ones I would say are head and shoulders beater than Sakara at striking are Vitor and Anderson.

Which strikers would qualify as a good striker to you since you don't think Sakara is cause I only see 2 that are clearly better strikers Vitor and Anderson.

Mousasi is more proven than Weidman? You've got to be shitting me. In what universe?

Sakara is more then a decent striker, he is a very good striker his chin has just been cracked too much, he also has good TDD, he still got dominated by Weidman who took the fight on short notice.

Don't act like Weidman hasn't faced a good striker because he has, I would say Sakara has stand up about equal to, Stann, Bisping, Belcher, and Philippou, of the top 10 guys the only ones I would say are head and shoulders beater than Sakara at striking are Vitor and Anderson.

Weidman has only had 2 fights that he didnt take on short notice.

If he does get KO'd it's nothing but a chance to improve and be a better fighter given his young age.

There are better ways to improve as a fighter at the 'young age' of 28 than having Anderson test your striking defence.

Mousasi is more proven than Weidman? You've got to be shitting me. In what universe?

Probably in the universe in which he has 4 times more fights, has fought top wrestlers, judokas, bjj bb and strikers.

Last edited:

Which strikers would qualify as a good striker to you since you don't think Sakara is cause I only see 2 that are clearly better strikers Vitor and Anderson.

Leben, Houston & McFedries KOed Sakara. I'm not even sure he's been a top 20 guy. This is exactly the overhyping I'm talking about. Let weidman fight his fights and build his career still.

There are better ways to improve as a fighter at the 'young age' of 28 than having Anderson test your striking defence.

Probably in the universe in which he has 4 times more fights, has fought top wrestlers, judokas, bjj bb and strikers.

Four times more fights with how many real names? His biggest name in the last few years is Hunt. He doesn't fight guys that can string different facets of MMA together cohesively, he out-strikes the brawlers, submits the strikers, and so on. When he does, he draws with Keith Jardine.

Four times more fights with how many real names? His biggest name in the last three years is Hunt. He doesn't fight guys that can string different assets of MMA together cohesively, he out-strikes the brawlers, submits the strikers, and so on. When he does, he draws with Keith Jardine.

More than Weidman.

and who has Mousasi beat in MMA to say he's 'established'? Mark Hunt? Sobral? Jake O'Brien?????

Munoz and Maia >>>> Mousasi's wins.

I'll put Denis Kang, Lombard, Manhoef, Jacare, Hunt, Sobral, Sokoudjou, Obrien, OSP + winning two Dream tournaments, Dream's MW championship, and SF LHW championship + being ranked in the top 10 at both MW and LHW for several years up against Weidman's 9 fights any day of the week. Come at me bro.

Let weidman fight his fights and build his career still.

I agree that he has plenty of time.

However, he's earned it, and wants it. Add to that neither Anderson nor his fans want to touch this fight, and it becomes pretty compelling.

I'll put Denis Kang, Lombard, Manhoef, Jacare, Hunt, Sobral, Sokoudjou, Obrien, OSP + winning two Dream tournaments, Dream's MW championship, and SF LHW championship + being ranked in the top 10 at both MW and LHW for several years up against Weidman's 9 fights any day of the week. Come at me bro.

Wand has wins over rampage sakaruba Henderson Le and Bisping. Should he get the title shot next? That resume is better than any one.

TS how can you suggest this its outrageous and fight so vigorously against Weidman getting a shot? I know you're a Weidman hater but damn, Mousasi hasn't fought at MW in 5 years and his wins at that weight are not as good as Weidman's are.

Mousasi might be one of the few guys that could possibly out strike Anderson(I doubt it) but he has done less than Weidman and would have less of a chance of beating Anderson, Mousasi needs to fight at MW and win some before getting a title shot at MW.

Mousasi has done more at MW imo. He has also done more at LHW than Weidman has done at MW. All in all Gegard is a very established world class fighter. Weidman is a very green fighter with one lone impressive performance against a 'top' guy in Munoz.

I don't buy into this make believe criteria that says you have to when x number of fights before you get a title shot or you need this many top 10 wins in some arbitrary amount of time. I like champions to fight the most established, qualified, and available opponent. Weidman is none of those things. If Gegard drops he instantly becomes all of those things.

Wand has wins over rampage sakaruba Henderson Le and Bisping. Should he get the title shot next? That resume is better than any one.

There's a difference between being established, which is what he was responding to, and getting a title shot.

wins...but
Munoz and Maia <<<< Mousasi

Chris Weidman would ground and pound Mousasi into oblivion. Mousasi isn't submitting Weidman and he definitely isn't stopping him from taking him down. And if he has a hard time with a weight cut, you can expect Weidman to finish him rd 1.

There's a difference between being established, which is what he was responding to, and getting a title shot.

Then I haven't heard a decent argument for him getting a title shot other than people don't like weidman.

Beating lombard seven years ago doesn't mean he's relevant in today's mw division.

The two biggest names on his record are Jardine, which was a draw and Mo Lawal, which was a loss.

Who cares if his record is Rickson like at 400-0 if it's against has beens and never were???

KeepTrollin.gif

Back