Forget Weidman and Bisping, bring down Mousasi!

i wouldn't be comfortable with this.

He would need at least one good performance at 185, in the ufc, before i'd like to see him get a title shot.

But i'd prefer to just see him keep going at 205 and get a fight with jones at some point. Both divisions are pretty well cleaned out, might as well stay at the one he's obviously more comfortable at.

yup.

last fight I saw of Mousasi was against Lawal. Munoz wouldn't be much different except he'd finish it on the ground.

Munoz wouldn't finish him but if Jardine got him down munoz certainly could.

last fight I saw of Mousasi was against Lawal. Munoz wouldn't be much different except he'd finish it on the ground.

munoz's gnp isn't much better then lawals and isnt near the wrestler. and mousasi did more damage on bottom then lawal did on top. the only way munoz would beat mousasi is ud.

Mousasi really doesn't impress me as much as he does others. He definitely wouldn't be a guy I expect to see get any immediate title shot.

Seriously, that fight would be much more compelling than Weidman or Bisping. Gegard would also be a much bigger test than either of them. And given Gegard's success at 185&205 I think you could justify giving him an immediate title shot.

Make it happen Dana!

I agree.
Heck, Silva goes from having no real challenges to having a lot!

Think about it:
10 fights.
here are my top 8 list:

1) I think they should start with Luke. After all he's the SF champ.
2) Then Mousasi
meanwhile, have Weidman fight the winner of Vitor & Bisping
3) Winner of that fight.
Goes down to 170 (or CW)
4) GSP or Diaz
Goes back up
5) defend against the next contender (Hector?).
Goes up to 185
6) Rashad
7) Rua
8) Jones
9) ? - does it matter???
10) ? - does it matter???

So it is OK to give someone an unearned title shot, as long as you like that fighter better than the guy who has earned it?

OK then....

TS how can you suggest this its outrageous and fight so vigorously against Weidman getting a shot? I know you're a Weidman hater but damn, Mousasi hasn't fought at MW in 5 years and his wins at that weight are not as good as Weidman's are.

Mousasi might be one of the few guys that could possibly out strike Anderson(I doubt it) but he has done less than Weidman and would have less of a chance of beating Anderson, Mousasi needs to fight at MW and win some before getting a title shot at MW.

TS how can you suggest this wouldn't be outrageous and fight so vigorously against Weidman getting a shot? I know you're a Weidman hater but damn, Mousasi hasn't fought at MW in 5 years and his wins at that weight are not as good as Weidman's are.

Mousasi might be one of the few guys that could possibly out strike Anderson(I doubt it) but he has done less than Weidman and would have less of a chance of beating Anderson, Mousasi needs to fight at MW and win some before getting a title shot at MW.

I'm no fan of either Weidman or Mousasi, but saying Weidman's poor showing against Maia and finishing Munoz is better than beating Mark Hunt, Souza, Manhoef on top of all his other victories and experience. C'mon now, this is getting outta hand.

I'm no fan of either Weidman or Mousasi, but saying Weidman's poor showing against Maia and finishing Munoz os not better than beating Mark Hunt, Souza, Manhoef on top of all his other victories and experience. C'mon now, this is getting outta hand.

two of them coming off of losses and none of them being relevant to MW at the time.

I love Gegard, but do you honestly think Weidman wouldnt beat those three more impressively?

Hell, i'd pick him over King Mo at LHW, and he dominated Mousasi.

two of them coming off of losses and none of them being relevant to MW at the time.

I love Gegard, but do you honestly think Weidman wouldnt beat those three more impressively?

Hell, i'd pick him over King Mo at LHW, and he dominated Mousasi.

Weidman hasn't even fought a decent striker yet. He's so young into his career still I'm not sure why anybody is expecting him to be so great when he's only started fighting big names and looked good in 1 out of 2 of those fights.

Weidman hasn't even fought a decent striker. He so young into his career still I'm not sure why anybody is expecting him to be so great when he's only started fighting big names and looked good in 1 out of 2 of those fights.

Why should he have to fight a decent striker?
So he can take them down and grapple fuck and submit them like he has great wrestlers in his division?

The only people whining about Weidman are Silva fans.
If he's so unproven and terrible, why doesnt Anderson just get a quick, easy win over a top 3 guy?

Then you guys can chant from the top of Fanboy Mountain about how overrated he is, and be completely justified.

And the reason he looked bad against Maia is that he cut 30lbs on 10 days notice. Why does that always get conveniently left out?

I'm no fan of either Weidman or Mousasi, but saying Weidman's poor showing against Maia and finishing Munoz is better than beating Mark Hunt, Souza, Manhoef on top of all his other victories and experience. C'mon now, this is getting outta hand.

Weidman's MW victories are better than Mousasi's victories, what he did at LHW and HW should be irreverent. When Mousasi beat Hunt he was at one of the lowest points of his career so I don't put much stock in that victory and Weidman would destroy someone like Manhoef that has no ground game and would beat Souza like he did Maia but look better doing it with a full training camp.

How is beating Maia 3-0 on 10 days notice with a 30 pound weight cut a poor performance, sure it was boring and they both gassed but Maia won more rounds against Anderson then he did against Weidman, and Anderson had a lot more then 10 days notice.

Weidman hasn't even fought a decent striker yet. He's so young into his career still I'm not sure why anybody is expecting him to be so great when he's only started fighting big names and looked good in 1 out of 2 of those fights.

Weidman fought more than a decent striker in his very first UFC fight, Sakara, who was on a 3 fight winning streak, one of which was over a guy that had just fought for the title.

Weidman fought more than a decent striker in his very first UFC fight, Sakara, who was on a 3 fight winning streak, one of which was over a guy that had just fought for the title.

Never happened.

So he can take them down and grapple fuck and submit them like he has great wrestlers in his division?

So when he does fight Anderson and gets ko'd in the first rd, we don't have to listen to people making excuses about how Weidman wasn't ready.

The only people whining about Weidman are Silva fans.
If he's so unproven and terrible, why doesnt Anderson just get a quick, easy win over a top 3 guy?

Then you guys can chant from the top of Fanboy Mountain about how overrated he is, and be completely justified.

And the reason he looked bad against Maia is that he cut 30lbs on 10 days notice. Why does that always get conveniently left out?

Because the people that do that are haters, thats why; Every time they do it I will bring up the fact that Maia won more rounds against Anderson who had full training camp then he did against Weidman who had 10 days notice.

Back