Forget the Dog

Neither the dog or the stranger because they both owe me money.

Analyze the situation, and if the risk to self is too great, it's not going to happen.

Of course there are variable metrics that will weight that decision differently. If it's someone important to me, or a child, I'd be willing to assume more risk than a total stranger.

This. Could not have said it better myself.

Analyze the situation, and if the risk to self is too great, it's not going to happen.

Of course there are variable metrics that will weight that decision differently. If it's someone important to me, or a child, I'd be willing to assume more risk than a total stranger.

Pretty much this.

- Adult Male Stranger? Good luck on the Other Side, pal.

- Adult Hot Female Stranger? Will probably risk it unless the odds are insanely bad.

- Child Stranger? Will probably take a considerable risk.

- Someone I Actually Care About? I'm getting them out or we're both going to Valhalla.

Where is the option for saving yourself and giving yourself a stranger when you get home

Save myself in every situation. I'm more than willing to outlive this world.

This of course, risk a lot to save a lot, but I would never just say fuck it and leave someone behind.

Die as a Hero or Live as a Coward.

I think that's why the school vice principal of the Korean ferry incident hung himself--the guilt of leaving behind the students to save himself got to him. That or he was lynched.

I can say pretty confidently Id probably attempt to save them, and if they cried out for help I know I would. Any time I've been in a dangerous situation I always jump in, I just do. Im not sure its a choice.

Dog > Stranger
Myself > Stranger

Sorry Stranger.

I would go and try and save the stranger.

This is coming from a guy who said he would let a bus load of people die to save his dog.

I can't stand the thought of losing those that I love, but I don't put too much stock in preserving my life. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I let somebody perish when there could have been a chance to save them.

Never owned a dog before. Stranger ftw.

Saving a stranger from drowning yup.
Saving a stranger from burning building yup.
Saving a stranger from a hoard of spiders? Sorry bud ur on ur own.

Back