Forget the Dog

Jim Rockford

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There has been a few threads i've read in the past about saving your 4 legged friend over a total stranger....sometimes it got a bit heated...so i'd like to put the dog in his basket and replace him with yourself......

if your could escape a life threatening situation 100% guaranteed or go back and rescue a stranger,making your chance both 50/50 or less,would you go back or save yourself ?

rescue the stranger unless they were super old and probably going to die soon anyways

1) I could not live knowing I mightve saved them
2) I am a religious man and I don't think God would give me the opportunity to try, without wanting me to take it

Analyze the situation, and if the risk to self is too great, it's not going to happen.

Of course there are variable metrics that will weight that decision differently. If it's someone important to me, or a child, I'd be willing to assume more risk than a total stranger.

Id save myself and my precious brain which apparently has the ability to calculate exact probabilities instantaneously in emergency situations....like C-3PO

50/50 life/death to save a stranger?

If it was a child and the odds seemed a little more in my favor than they actually were.

I mean, if I know there is a >, = 50% chance of death by opening a door...I'm not opening the door.

No, for sure not.

In that scenario, may as well play Russian Roulette with half the bullets in the gun.

Save myself.

But in the moment liable to do something stupid.

Save myself for sure.. It'd be hard if it was a lil 8 year old or something but whatever. Me > everyone

I don't know until I am in that situation. I like to believe I'd go for it and try to save the stranger but it's easy to say these things and once you are faced with it in real life, you may change your mind. I honestly don't know what I would do.

Save myself until I run into an opportunity to save someone with better odds of living afterwards.

I'm more likely to save a stranger's dog than the stranger himself.

Save myself
But you should post some specific scenarios. If I am rescuing a kid or an old man. If I am risking death by alligator or volcano. These all play a roll in my decision. But either way probably not. You should say 75%, thats a lot more interesting methinks.

Like what if a giant alien jeepers creepers dragon bat came to life and he was trying to kill some girl peach in the playground by throwing fireballs out of his mouth. You know you could save her but u risk death by inferno hell and theres a 25% chance you die and she dies anyway. You are a plumber and have a brother who heavily relies on you, as well as a ton of people in ur town that depend on u. Ur death would have great consequences. But if you save her you might get some nice peach pie burgle burgle

I think many of us, even guys saying 'save myself', would risk it if u were actually in that situation. I think its human nature to try.

I wouldnt even risk myself to save someone I know
They shouldnt of put themselves in that situation
Fuck that Im outtie

c09.jpg

There has been a few threads i've read in the past about saving your 4 legged friend over a total stranger....sometimes it got a bit heated...so i'd like to put the dog in his basket and replace him with yourself......

if your could escape a life threatening situation 100% guaranteed or go back and rescue a stranger,making your chance both 50/50 or less,would you go back or save yourself ?

I'd try to save the stranger.

It really depends on the exact situation. I could see myself doing both in different circumstances

I would try to save the stranger in most scenarios.

Back