Foreman would have KOD holyfield if it was 15 rounds.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Holyfield was breaking.

Like if true.

Comment if false.

Meh. Foreman gets too much credit for not dying in that fight. He took a ferocious beating.

I just took a quick look to remind myself, I disagree he was fading that badly. He was still throwing crisp combos in the 12th round. Foreman was accepting all the clinches and was just plodding forward, he didn't have much left either.

Meh. Foreman gets too much credit for not dying in that fight. He took a ferocious beating.

I just took a quick look to remind myself, I disagree he was fading that badly. He was still throwing crisp combos in the 12th round. Foreman was accepting all the clinches and was just plodding forward, he didn't have much left either.

He was biding his,time

I dislike these "But what if X fight was 15 rounds?" hypotheticals.
If X fight were 15 rounds each fighter's preparation for the fight would have been different, and each fighter would have fought differently to varying degrees.

15 round bouts weren't what we have currently plus 3 rounds, fighters planned very differently before and during a fight to reflect the fact that going the distance means going 15 rounds.

I'm a foreman fanboy, but I remember thinking "Shit, Holyfield isn't giving him a way back in it"

I dislike these "But what if X fight was 15 rounds?" hypotheticals.
If X fight were 15 rounds each fighter's preparation for the fight would have been different, and each fighter would have fought differently to varying degrees.

15 round bouts weren't what we have currently plus 3 rounds, fighters planned very differently before and during a fight to reflect the fact that going the distance means going 15 rounds.

How exactly did they plan "very differently"?

How exactly did they plan "very differently"?
Your strategy is going to involve conserving more energy when you have 3 extra rounds to account for. Holyfield may or may not have been fading at the end of the 12th in a bout he was scheduled to go 12 rounds for, but who is to say he would have been fading at the end of the 12th had he been scheduled to go 15?

Back