Foreign governments paying for U.S. troop presence.

I don't know man....but being a super power we have to be involved. If it isn't us it will be china

let's just ignore obama and Libya..got it
You have to get hired by the Saudis to do their bidding because Chiner?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...p-of-selling-military-support-to-saudi-arabia

The relevant quote:

On the surface, this doesn't particularly concern me but then I thought about it and I started wondering. If we're demanding that these countries pay us for our troop presence, are we obligated for a certain level of time or specific level of commitment for that?

Say that Country X pays us $Y millions for U.S. troop presence. Can we just up and leave the next day or are we committed to be there for a specific amount of time, defend against specific types of threats, that sort of thing? Does Congress have to approve this or just the C-in-C. And if the C-in-C approves it, can Congress ever terminate the relationship?

I don't know how that works. Can someone explain?
Just until all the Shiites and other infidels are exterminated

There are layers upon layers of hypocrisy and borderline, in not outright, treasonous behavior with regards to US policy toward KSA since 9/11. One would think that Trump’s behavior toward KSA, if nothing else, would cause people to stop supporting him in droves.
Obligatory
23orb-superJumbo.jpg

Plastic surgery really fucked up Melania's face, jesus. She looks like a Madame Tussaud statue during a really bad heatwave
I've always thought she looks like a man. She often uses clothing to artfully hide the Adam's apple

Just until all the Shiites and other infidels are exterminated

lol @ Hezbollah making dude look like a terrorist.

When talking about retribution, “we do not mean the American people,” he said. “There are many U.S. civilians in our region — engineers, businessmen, journalists. We will not touch them. Touching any civilian anywhere in the world will only serve Trump’s policy.”

<Huh2>
<Huh2>
<Huh2>
<Huh2>

That sounds like some traitor shit to me.

So is this why we killed Soleimani?

Is this how the president sells troops to Saudi Arabia, by taking a action he knew would get a response from Iran, justifying sending more troops for Saudi Arabia?

Trump admin sending thousands more U.S. troops to Saudi Arabia

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1065051

Discuss........

Last edited:
Wasn't the US defending those countries/training their troops for free before?

Why not just call Blackwater/Academi?

Erik Prince lives right down the street in the UAE.

I have said multiple times our troops are The House of Sauds, Golden Company.
I am glad the President does no care that our young men and women in our armed forces will die for the Worlds Largest financial supporter of Islamic terrorism.

This is a good point.

If we are there to protect our....ahem...ally in Saudi Arabia, then they could certainly cover the costs.

How have people not realized this by now? Trump is above the law. He can and does do what he pleases and no one holds him accountable.

No, SA pays in only selling oil for US dollars.

Trump is just admitting we are charging them more now.

Is this really something you support, because that doesn't sound very much like supporting our troops?

It sounds like selling them like hookers.

Last edited:
Why not just call Blackwater/Academi?

Erik Prince lives right down the street in the UAE.

They cost more, they don't work for room and board, and a GI bill.

You got to pay each one of those guys a 150k a year, for each troop. Quarter million after Eric Prince blesses.

Much cheaper when the taxpayer subsidizes it.

Wow, that is ummmmm, a interesting thread.

Talk about burying the lede.

"Foreign governments".

@panamaican can you explain that thread title to me? Kind of soft pedaled that huh?

It is, and the OP is literally about Saudi Arabia specifically. I doubt this one generates a whole lot more of a response from the base. I think Pan was going for a possible broader discussion in general with the title.

Back