Economy Ford Plans On Laying Off 24,000 Employees

Current predictions suggest that this post will not age well.

Aren't we all supposed to be dead from the dozens of wars Trump was going to start or famine or pestilence or global warming or something?

Ford who seems to have a good read in the economy are adjusting ahead of a downturn.

There been a number of companies who have even under growth have been making adjustments.

When companies like Ford, Harley-Davidson, Carrier, Dow Chemical and others are making cuts an moving factories could be a sign of slowing growth.

Much of this according to the media is President Trump's trade war but I think differently. Companies use business models an historical data to determine where the economy is heading.

They no doubt make adjustments to their business to head off a much larger problem.

Ford as of late especially been making adjustments not unlike 2007 ahead of the 2008 recession.

They made cuts an borrowed money ahead of the banking breakdown. Of course people will say this is what companies do from time to time to eliminate deadwood.

This is true but Ford been signalling far deeper cuts ahead for the company. They plan on eliminating most of their car business an focus on truck sales and moving factory production to Mexico.

At the time 2006-2007 Ford was making these adjustments the economy seemed pretty stable but fuel costs are similar to today.

Usually fuel costs can factor in these issues but we are not there yet. I look at companies adjusting businesses as a sign of their feelings towards future growth.

At least this is my take on recent announcement by Ford on job cuts.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...ex.ssf/2018/10/ford_layoffs_trump_tariffs.amp
I.would say it's about 2 years away. If we can continue to add some manufacturing jobs in that time the sting will not be as bad this time.

It IS coming: A. Endless growth breaks the laws of physics.

B. People are refinancing in droves again, and all think they are supposed to get rich off their house.

C. Finance and other banking is the business of sucking money out of the economy without producing anything tangible or directly creating wealth for that system; with banking assisting in wealth creation as of course a net plus. But those activities in their current form are a big-picture burden as much as a driving force.

When regular people start sucking money out of the economy in droves refinancing their homes, the economy starts to become overburdened. Now, this money sucked out without creation or productivity isn't as bad as when uber-wealthy individuals do it, because it at least gives a superficial make-over to a sickening economy, because home-owners are far more likely to SPEND the money they sucked out with other middle class people who spend.. And from lower middle class to pretty rich, middle out spending creates a better nation.. When the money is EARNED at wealth creating endeavors like agriculture and manufacturing, it creates a SUSTAINABLE long term middle class.

When we base the health of the economy on how well people can suck money out of the system without production, i.e. through just the market or home finance numbers, you get this economy that will grow then fall, grow then fall etc... With trade imbalances, too much debt, and not a strong enough base, one of the upcoming falls over the next 100 years will be a huge one.

Probably not this next one.

I am a Real Estate Appraiser. The housing market is cooling off. Supplies and marketing time are increasing. The interest rate has also increased.
Wage vs inflation, the amount you earn compared to costs of products is down.
Other than being a scumbag con man, my biggest problem with Trump is he has added 2 trillion to the defict when the economy was booming. He cut taxes in a booming economy, just plain dumb.
He should have asked the 2 Corinthians to explain the story of Pharaoh's prophetic dreams. Or ask Mike Pence what "make hay while the sun shines" means. Or what "save for a rainy day" means. What a fucking turd brain.

Nothing to do with this video but I am seeing more and more about this stuff.

You've been posting about it for a year at least.

This is news to me I started in Oct of last year see my timeline. I brought it up because of moves by Ford motors and stated an 18 month to 24 month window meaning around the end of 2019 till mid 2020 we are very much in this window. If you watched the video instead of commenting you would see he predicts things happening at the end of 2019 till into 2020. He's an actual banker who left his job to focus full time on Youtube and he had a position in management at a national bank.

Aren't we all supposed to be dead from the dozens of wars Trump was going to start or famine or pestilence or global warming or something?

I’m not sure, don’t care either as this has literally nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

The market rising over 10% in 1 year is not obvious. That would be insanely impressive

You may want to mention that to President Trump he believes the market should be at 35,000 today meaning a 10,000 point jump in one year. Of course that's completely nuts but he believes it should have happened but blames the Fed for increasing interest rates while his actions on business taxes would have cause hyper stimulus to the economy. He even believes that somehow President Obama had something to do with the rate increases to hurt his economy boost. Seriously he believes the guy he appointed is working for the Democratic party? He even tweeted about it saying that the Fed did not raise rates during Obama Presidency and that he should have received the same benefit.

You may want to mention that to President Trump he believes the market should be at 35,000 today meaning a 10,000 point jump in one year. Of course that's completely nuts but he believes it should have happened but blames the Fed for increasing interest rates while his actions on business taxes would have cause hyper stimulus to the economy. He even believes that somehow President Obama had something to do with the rate increases to hurt his economy boost. Seriously he believes the guy he appointed is working for the Democratic party? He even tweeted about it saying that the Fed did not raise rates during Obama Presidency and that he should have received the same benefit.

Trump is trying to pump the market so bad right now. lol. It isn't working either. His stupid policies are blowing up in his face.

I’m not sure, don’t care either as this has literally nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Just pointing out that the anti Trump crowd has been fantasizing about the country going under for three years now. There comes a point you have to accept that we're all going to be OK.

Just pointing out that the anti Trump crowd has been fantasizing about the country going under for three years now. There comes a point you have to accept that we're all going to be OK.

He will own this recession when he took over the White House he should have focus on reducing the deficit. What did he do he supercharged the deficit an will have a 1 trillion dollar deficit this year.

What would have happened if a Democrat did what he was doing with the debt. His idea that this tax cut would create a giant expansion of jobs in his view causing businesses to bring back jobs.

What really happened companies where buying back stock an even accelerated overseas investment. We have only seen short term gains but long term pain. This recession by most estimates could last 5 years or more because of long term world wide stagnation in economic growth. Good luck w

Wife is trying to get on there, now...

Edit to add they are hiring here. Maybe trying to exchange grossly-overpaid workers for slightly grossly-overpaid workers? I'm 50 and know a few guys who work a lot of OT, but they pull down $115k there. Kick-ass benes and pensions, but I think the pensions are probably gone or require more years, now. Coming in the door, I mean. It used to be 5 years for medical benes in retirement, but I'm not sure what they offer, now. Or if you need 10 for that and 20 for a pension or what the parameters are.

Last edited:
Thread needs more Clean Coal...

You just take it out of the ground, wash it off and burn it. There's also a sharply increasing supply of it, especially in the short term. What's not to love?

Bloomberg: Recession train has left the station.

Bloomberg insightful article about how the Fed. using tools it has to slow the incoming recession train but it's coming. They also talk about even with the the swings the market is still flat.

"
A Trade Truce Will Probably Not Save Us
For the past 18 months, the global economy has been on a miserable roller-coaster ride, the Fiery Fist O’ Trade War Pain. In the past few days alone, we’ve gone from soaring highs to gut-wrenching drops. At the end of the line, recession awaits.

On Friday, President Donald Trump said he’d struck a trade truce with China, and stocks soared. This morning, China said it needed more talks to reach a truce, and markets tumbled. Having fun yet? No. (For more of this sort of “entertainment,” see the Brexit Tilt n’ Spew, which took another bad turn today.)"

"And honestly, even a truce of the sort Trump claimed on Friday won’t help the economic outlook much, writes Tim Duy. The global economy seems headed for a recession, which the U.S. will struggle to avoid. So the Federal Reserve will probably cut rates again this month. It has already started buying bonds to fix technical problems in the overnight repo market. (It doesn’t want to call this quantitative easing, notes Mohamed El-Erian, but for all practical purposes, that’s what it is.)"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...ina-trade-war-recession-is-already-on-the-way

And I had owned several Volvo combis, but they are getting to overpriced. Can you give a short summary why you think the quality is not up to par with Fords sedan models.

I am currently running Japanese and will probably do so some time before Iooking for a South Korean. This is my Subaru and I am very happy with it.

lElXvrk.jpg
Are you still banging a Taiwanese gal?

Back