Economy Ford Plans On Laying Off 24,000 Employees

That’s cause he’s giving them handouts!
He was trying to do the same thing with coal producers but Republicans were hearing from their bases complaining about not getting a piece.

Dow down another 412 points the selloff is getting up to steam. Currently at 24,592 seems to be holding around 400 point drop today.

If you listen to Wall Street economists not Wall Street traders who loved the tax cut they are singing a very bear like tune. They see slowing growth, rising fuel costs an increase deficits weighing down US growth. It does not help all the negative press about US leadership.

Last edited:
More pain on the way.

So glad I didn't buy that Ford Fusion last March. Looks like things have gone to shit again for Murican auto industry.

So glad I didn't buy that Ford Fusion last March. Looks like things have gone to shit again for Murican auto industry.

I think people are missing the point of my thread. I wanted to point out that Ford makes major moves when the economy is about to tank.

They seem to make these major shuffling an shutdowns of factories when they feel long term business slowdown is ahead.

I don't really care about their cars I look at their truck business an they are cutting down production seriously. These are signs of slowing construction an general business overall.

Ford looking smart for these moves as the stock market is having the worst performance since 2008. Dropped below 24,000 an analyst predict a lot more pain ahead with trade war, interest rates, slowing job growth an explosion of the deficits under President Trump.

Edit: Based on 2008 data we are in the halfway point to a major market correction an another recession.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...luctuations-and-worried-hes-causing-them.html

Last edited:
Obama
Trump
Back up to 25000
Obama
Down to 24000 again
Trump

Show me a post where I claimed 25,000 was Obama''s economy. I said it was President Trumps economy but also been calling it a sugar high. Wall Street at the time knew that Trump would plow larger tax breaks an would seek more.

What they did not factor it did not include cuts in healthcare an other government areas. Wall Street wants budget cuts with tax breaks. They also want an end in this protracted tariff war.
The dow
23,592.98 −507.53 (2.11%)

Show me a post where I claimed 25,000 was Obama''s economy. I said it was President Trumps economy but also been calling it a sugar high. Wall Street at the time knew that Trump would plow larger tax breaks an would seek more.

What they did not factor it did not include cuts in healthcare an other government areas. Wall Street wants budget cuts with tax breaks. They also want an end in this protracted tariff war.
The dow
23,592.98 −507.53 (2.11%)
There’s a thread every time from somebody
But you all think you’re geniuses and are the first to think of blaming anything bad on trump and any recovery (even after the bad you blame on trump) on Obama
Scroll through the pages a bit

Ford who seems to have a good read in the economy are adjusting ahead of a downturn.

There been a number of companies who have even under growth have been making adjustments.

When companies like Ford, Harley-Davidson, Carrier, Dow Chemical and others are making cuts an moving factories could be a sign of slowing growth.

Much of this according to the media is President Trump's trade war but I think differently. Companies use business models an historical data to determine where the economy is heading.

They no doubt make adjustments to their business to head off a much larger problem.

Ford as of late especially been making adjustments not unlike 2007 ahead of the 2008 recession.

They made cuts an borrowed money ahead of the banking breakdown. Of course people will say this is what companies do from time to time to eliminate deadwood.

This is true but Ford been signalling far deeper cuts ahead for the company. They plan on eliminating most of their car business an focus on truck sales and moving factory production to Mexico.

At the time 2006-2007 Ford was making these adjustments the economy seemed pretty stable but fuel costs are similar to today.

Usually fuel costs can factor in these issues but we are not there yet. I look at companies adjusting businesses as a sign of their feelings towards future growth.

At least this is my take on recent announcement by Ford on job cuts.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...ex.ssf/2018/10/ford_layoffs_trump_tariffs.amp

Such bullshit.

The big 3 had plans to move manufacturing to Mexico and Canada already. They were going to do this regardless.

Dow chemical was bought by Baer. This was another example of how anti-trust laws are not being enforced.

It is a crying shame to blame Trump's trade paltform, for the long term outsourcing, and monopoly problems that infect our economy, that niether Trump nor Demcorats seem to have the balls to even identify.

President Trumps economy update: Confirmed global slowdown to recession finally the market is telling people what major industries already know. They been shutting down plants and laying off workers as they prepare what could be huge pain ahead for the brands. The impact could be worst then 2008 without the usual tools in our arsenal towards energizing the economy. The Fed holding rates to current level means they don't have much room to for a market correction in terms of rate cuts. Top it off the US is seeing major buyers of US treasuries pulling back or selling off. Ford, GM, Fiat are all laying off people and most part suppliers have seen large reductions in part ordering. Recent indicators seeing the yield curve flip and bonds returning 2 percent set the stage for major pain ahead. While people like Henrich and many many others are out in the front of this warning people to prepare for what's coming.

Thing is ford isn't an shan't been doing well for half a decade now. Mulllaly was an amazing ceo and he saw what needed to be done. Since then Ford doesnt have a direction and has been dabbling and not leading. There also going to stop production of most their cars.

Such bullshit.

The big 3 had plans to move manufacturing to Mexico and Canada already. They were going to do this regardless.

Dow chemical was bought by Baer. This was another example of how anti-trust laws are not being enforced.

It is a crying shame to blame Trump's trade paltform, for the long term outsourcing, and monopoly problems that infect our economy, that niether Trump nor Demcorats seem to have the balls to even identify.
Monsanto was bought. But yes that should have been blocked. Too much consolidation is bad same with the dupont dow merger.

Thing is ford isn't an shan't been doing well for half a decade now. Mulllaly was an amazing ceo and he saw what needed to be done. Since then Ford doesnt have a direction and has been dabbling and not leading. There also going to stop production of most their cars.

It's global but it does not help that 1 in 5 are now more then 3 months late in paying their car loans and that has increased since President Trump has taken office. There is over a trillion dollars of car loans and 1/3 to 1/5th of them are delinquent in payments. Deficit is growing rapidly and China as well as other Countries are selling off US bonds and yields are dropping. Many in Government as well as Wall Street have been warning about the car loans and compared it to the conditions that hit mortgages. This is just not a Ford issue as pointed out in the video trickle down economics is not working to drive manufacturing as reported by Goldman Sach stating that a record 880 billion in stock buybacks since the corporate tax break has driven up stock prices but done little to stimulate the economy and also ballooned the deficit. GM, Fiat Chrysler have been exploring partnerships or in the case of FCA being acquired by Nissan.

President Trump spends a lot of time in Michigan but US automakers are worried another big downturn could close the doors for good. So as President keeps on complaining there is little US automakers can do with they are close to bankruptcy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...on-rally-2020-presidential-column/3302325002/

It's global but it does not help that 1 in 5 are now more then 3 months late in paying their car loans and that has increased since President Trump has taken office. There is over a trillion dollars of car loans and 1/3 to 1/5th of them are delinquent in payments. Deficit is growing rapidly and China as well as other Countries are selling off US bonds and yields are dropping. Many in Government as well as Wall Street have been warning about the car loans and compared it to the conditions that hit mortgages. This is just not a Ford issue as pointed out in the video trickle down economics is not working to drive manufacturing as reported by Goldman Sach stating that a record 880 billion in stock buybacks since the corporate tax break has driven up stock prices but done little to stimulate the economy and also ballooned the deficit. GM, Fiat Chrysler have been exploring partnerships or in the case of FCA being acquired by Nissan.

President Trump spends a lot of time in Michigan but US automakers are worried another big downturn could close the doors for good. So as President keeps on complaining there is little US automakers can do with they are close to bankruptcy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...on-rally-2020-presidential-column/3302325002/

Dow at 25,9...

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

PEB is kind of a like a Chicken Little meets Boy Who Cried Wolf.

This reminds me of the comments in Yahoo articles. The Dow drops for day, the sky is falling, "Trumptards look! the economy is fucked! Look at what your boy did to us!!!"

Two days later, the Dow shoots back up...."Look at how great our President is! Stupid Libtards!"

Maybe instead of knee jerk reactions we look at more historical data y/y. The market goes up and then it goes down.. is normal.

Back