Economy Ford Plans On Laying Off 24,000 Employees

Part and assembly factories are probably not in the the same location. And they already have people to do that job. You don’t hire two people to do a job if you only need one.
Model lines in a factory are not necessarily constant though, they can and are changed. Except for the focus, Ford was barely selling any cars, so they couldn't have had many people on that.

also, Tesla's Model 3 is already leading its segment and the only thing limiting further domination is production speed.
20180730_Tesla_Sales.jpg

When they release the CUV version (the model Y), it will annhiliate the competition. Automakers understand this and are struggling to develop electric CUV's to match them. Hence why Jaguar rushed to produce the I-Pace and why Audi's first EV will be a CUV.
The people who want cars will buy German or Japanese. American auto makers do not offer the cachet of the Germans or the reliability of the Japanese.

The people who want cars will buy German or Japanese. American auto makers do not offer the cachet of the Germans or the reliability of the Japanese.
you're really responding with this after looking at the data staring right at you? And at the higher end of larger sedans, the Model S is destroying the Germans as well.
Tesla-Model-S-vs-Luxury-Car-Competitors-1.png

The S Class has been synonymous with class and luxury for decades and in a few short years an American upstart is stealing their lunch and stuffing them in lockers.

That bitch can't stop at falsely accusing Kavanaugh??????????????
What a cunt!

I kind of liked the Ford Fusion. Decent rental car

I don't want to jinx it, but my wife is interviewing for a position with Ford. It's for a location that handles the F-series, though. So I suppose that is still full steam ahead.

The market almost a 1,000 point drop in 2 days. Not worried yet but fuel prices and other measures are not there yet. If you see home sales an banking weakness not good but a slowing economy is early signs of rough seas ahead. Fuel costs are a good place to look because it signals inflation pretty easily an fed. reaction.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1593803002

What an odd take. If anything they will be among the most attracted to his message....

His message? His actions directly resulted in them losing their jobs. You have to be pretty stupid to vote for him after that but I don't expect much from his base.

The blood bath has not started but the tub is getting cleaned. The beat part is watching people move money to safe harbor while telling people nothing to see here keep moving on.

“All of a sudden, you got that severe downturn because the results of the 30-year note auction were better than expected and people said ’We’re going to shift now,”’ said Donald Selkin, chief market strategist at Newbridge Securities. “It was asset allocation, it was a plunge. That’s unusual. That’s not a normal rate of decline. That’s an accelerated rate of decline. It was an algorithm on the asset allocation because it took place after the bond auction which was better than expected"
http://time.com/5422499/stock-market-dow-500-drop/

"We're in the boom. And all the earmarks of a bust are developing," said Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody's Analytics.

"But all along there was a risk that Washington's debt-fueled tax cuts and spending splurge would backfire by overheating the economy. That kind of help is typically reserved for times of war or recession, not prosperity."

"
Little attention was paid to another likely outcome: higher interest rates and a more aggressive Federal Reserve.

One way to think of it is that Trump's tax cuts were equivalent to pouring gasoline on the economy. Now, he's blasting the firefighters at the Federal Reserve who are attempting to prevent runaway inflation by raising interest rates."

Looks like the downturn has started the auto industry is a bell weather for economic growth.

Recently Ford announced their truck sales are down also means business growth is stalling.

Business buys tons of trucks an sales is a key metric towards the health of the economy.

Ford recently announced major cuts an now likely heading for even bigger cuts.

This may also explain why President Trump is seeking middle class tax cuts during they election time. He knows signs of slowing growth will hurt Republicans.

My sister bought her Ford Ranger for 11,000 in 1997. Now a Ford Ranger is like 40k. Need i say more

Cutting taxes is why the economy is booming.

The problem is that he didn't cut spending, and he waged a trade war simultaneously.

The economy isn't booming though. It's all fake debt spending. This economy doesn't need more spending, it needs more saving.

My sister bought her Ford Ranger for 11,000 in 1997. Now a Ford Ranger is like 40k. Need i say more
I can buy a Ford F150 extended cab 10,000 off not including zero percent financing. There was a time not to long ago Ford pickups where not eligible for discounts. They where crushing their sales of them. I could buy an F150 with 10,000 off for 29,700.00

4x4

2018 Ford F-150 4x4 Reg Cab XL
Buy for as low as
$30,847*

https://www.imperialcars.com/ford-lease-deals/f-150.htm

I can buy a Ford F150 extended cab 10,000 off not including zero percent financing. There was a time not to long ago Ford pickups where not eligible for discounts. They where crushing their sales of them. I could buy an F150 with 10,000 off for 29,700.00

4x4

2018 Ford F-150 4x4 Reg Cab XL
Buy for as low as
$30,847*

https://www.imperialcars.com/ford-lease-deals/f-150.htm
only 30k what a deal

my ex neighbor bought a mustang gt for only 40k with his union discount. he is a die hard michigan ford employee.

me, if i need a car, i will just take yours

only 30k what a deal
Just pointing out that specific model is Fords biggest mover. Usually good for over a million unit sales. No word yet what Ford will be reporting but most expect a drop in sales.

Back