Economy Ford Plans On Laying Off 24,000 Employees

I can name more I just pointing out the growing issue. You keep expanding the deficit when your making great effort via stimulus first with the Fed interest rate cut then with fed. stimulus an tax cuts. Still no deficit reduction even with 7 of 9 years of heavy stimulus an market upswing. These are not good long term signs

Unfortunately, until we can get back to a functioning government, continuing to run the country on CR’s isn’t going to fix the debt issue.

Unfortunately, until we can get back to a functioning government, continuing to run the country on CR’s isn’t going to fix the debt issue.

Increasing the deficit by nearly $400B annually for no reason probably doesn't help either

Car industry in general is fucked in Britain

I'm in the market for a new one and I can't believe the deals they are throwing at me
Every single company reeks of desperation

That is a lot of jobs. Definitely won't help the economy in those areas where the jobs are lost. I don't view this as a win against Trump, I don't want to see people losing their jobs.

Maybe these folks can afford a move to West Virginia. I hear the coal mining industry is booming again since Trump took office. Companies don't have enough applicants to fill all the $40 an hour entry level mining positions. /s

Maybe these folks can afford a move to West Virginia. I hear the coal mining industry is booming again since Trump took office. Companies don't have enough applicants to fill all the $40 an hour entry level mining positions. /s

And the will get to go home clean, I would say that is a win.

they can make a truck and a mustang.. but they fail at making anything else..

I have owned several Fords. They make sturdy trucks but their cars are cheaply made and flimsy.

They have no one to blame but themselves.
Still sturdy trucks with the aluminum body?

And yes, I used to drive a few fiberglass cars

Increasing the deficit by nearly $400B annually for no reason probably doesn't help either
LOL @ only $400B.
"The White House budget office now estimates that the deficit will rise to nearly $1.1 trillion in the fiscal year that begins this October, or 5.1% of gross domestic product, up from $984 billion projected in February’s budget proposal. The U.S. ran a deficit of $666 billion for the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30, 2017, or 3.4% of GDP."
U.S. deficit now projected to top $1 trillion starting next year

I'd imagine Ford is reacting to their own problems as a company far more than they're anticipating shifts in the global economy.

I am a Real Estate Appraiser. The housing market is cooling off. Supplies and marketing time are increasing. The interest rate has also increased.
Wage vs inflation, the amount you earn compared to costs of products is down.
Other than being a scumbag con man, my biggest problem with Trump is he has added 2 trillion to the defict when the economy was booming. He cut taxes in a booming economy, just plain dumb.
Cutting taxes is why the economy is booming.

The problem is that he didn't cut spending, and he waged a trade war simultaneously.

The problem is that he didn't cut spending, and he waged a trade war simultaneously.

The main reason the economy is booming is a global matter. The entire world entered an economic boom in late 2016, before Trump took office and naturally before he had any chance of actually doing anything.

Some actions can certainly help increase the effects, but they aren't the main reasons.

The smart money is already making moves to ameliorate the effects of Trump's policies. Anyone with half a brain could see where the tax cuts and reduced regulation would lead, particularly in the context of a trade war and antagonism toward historical allies.

Wait I thought you were smarter than that..

The economy has been booming for a long time and outside of the stock market which can be explained by stock buybacks, most economic metrics have been pretty consistent for a while. We were at full employment before Trump was in office.

It will be a couple of years before we see the real effects of the tax cuts so giving them any credit right now for their effect on the economy is pretty asinine. It's not like an economy will just explode a couple of month after a tax cut.

Unfortunately, it has been a matter of time for all this to happen with the big 3 auto manufacturers. The bailouts, cash for clunkers and subprime lending moved car buying to the forefront, while stealing from car purchases that would have taken place in the future. It sure looks like we might be hitting the wall as a consequence of dumb government intervention.
Doesn't help when 90% of what they offer sucks ass

Back