Force all influencers to go to college

elwani

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The fact is the next generation now gets all their information from influencers.

People have always resorted to listening to authoritative figures for their choices (god forbid they have to think analytically to decide what is good for them), only the influencers of yesteryears were actually trained professionals

Now influencers are, I’m not going to say idiots, more like smart but unscrupulous fame whores. So I propose a law which forces all influencers to attend and pass some of the highest education this country has to offer before they can continue to influence. It’s not perfect, it’s not like a high level education is guaranteed to make you a more conscientious human being, but it’s a start

Discuss

PS Also throw in some hard labor

If we can force them to do something, I’d prefer we just force them away...forever.
Unfortunately you cannot force them away. People will always be looking for someone to lead them, so others will just replace them

Last edited:
I fucking hate "influencers".
I get it when a person is good at and/or knowledgeable about something a la crafts, sports, arts, etc, and starts a channel about it. It is interesting and even may be useful.
But all those good-for-nothings with millions of subscribers doing jack shit and selling bath water is cancer on modern society.

I fucking hate "influencers".
I get it when a person is good at and/or knowledgeable about something a la crafts, sports, arts, etc, and starts a channel about it. It is interesting and even may be useful.
But all those good-for-nothings with millions of subscribers doing jack shit and selling bath water is cancer on modern society.
Exactly, but the fact is people will always look for someone to influence them, so why not use them for good.

You cannot change who people choose as leaders, so why not try to educate the leaders

Going to college doesn't prevent you from being an idiot.

For some People it's the opposite.
Yes I agree it is not perfect, but it is probably as good a canned solution as society has at the moment

Exactly, but the fact is people will always look for someone to influence them, so why not use them for good.

You cannot change who people choose as leaders, so why not try to educate the leaders
People used to choose better leaders! If you educate a moron, more often they will be just an educated moron, but still a moron.

The fact is the next generation now gets all their information from influencers.

People have always resorted to listening to authoritative figures for their choices (god forbid they have to think analytically to decide what is good for them), only the influencers of yesteryears were actually trained professionals

Now influencers are, I’m not going to say idiots, more like smart but unscrupulous fame whores. So I propose a law which forces all influencers to attend and pass some of the highest education this country has to offer before they can continue to influence. It’s not perfect, it’s not like a high level education is guaranteed to make you a more conscientious human being, but it’s a start

Discuss

PS Also throw in some hard labor

Naw don't force them to go to college. Force them to go to a library. College has its bias. In a library, they have several options or points of view from different authors.

People used to choose better leaders! If you educate a moron, more often they will be just an educated moron, but still a moron.
That may only be because in the past, you had to have some amount of success earned by hard work in order to get a platform to talk to the public, and now technology and social media has changed that

So whereas previously hard work was a naturally enforced prerequisite and filter, now we must artificially enforce it

I miss the time when Stalin, Brezhnev and the Communist party were the only influencers.

Now those were the days.

Last edited:
That may only be because in the past, you had to have some amount of success earned by hard work in order to get a platform to talk to the public, and now technology and social media has changed that

So whereas previously hard work was a naturally enforced prerequisite and filter, now we must artificially enforce it
Labor camp it is, then!

Naw don't force them to go to college. Force them to go to a library. College has its bias. In a library, they have several options or points of view from different authors.

Again I do not disagree with all the major flaws of college, but realistically there’s no way to force them to read or evaluate how hard they worked in a library

Back