Media Forbes: Khabib Nurmagomedov might be the best, but he needs Conor McGregor to be a Mega Star

Did fighting Conor raise the stakes, the money and the exposure....Absolutely, anyone who tells you otherwise, either is a lying sack of [insert choice of noun] or doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.
Conor's shit talking (as grimy as it was) and the bus incident, was the ultimate promotional duo, nothing ufc could ever do would come near that type of promotion.

That being said, the Forbes assessment must have been written by a casual as it misses all the other facets. The fight was early in the day, on a fairly crappy card and it doesn't take into account at all, the huge international star Khabib has become. Most people do no understand the value of the sport growing in other countries, especially in a place like Dubai which has become an entertainment and financial mecca. Along with all that, Khabib has grown immensely in name recognition and stardom. Khabib V. Tony will do insane numbers, domestically & internationally.

Conor coupled with Khabib does bring the bucks but Khabib by himself or lets say....with Tony (at this point) would not be so far behind...

Kebab without Conor is a nobody in the casual world

They know he dominated Conor. Everyone knows Khabib is a much much better fighter. That is all that matters, Conor can keep his reality tv popularity.

I don't think Khabib really cares about all that

When I see people with yellow cards, they usually live up to their status, posting absolute dumb shit

Clearly unfamiliar with me. Your memory probably spans about seven seconds. Also, please prove to me that Khabib is in any way a "draw" in terms that mean anything to UFC financials.

They're basing this off of Twitter...? Yikes. Must've been a slow day at Forbes.

that's is not entirely true, conor is an amazing UFC marketing tool but the real genius here is Dana White, conor is a tool

promoted article by some wannabe

Next thread

...couldnt give less of a fuck about social media and who has more followers than the other...

Khabib has enough money and is a real champion in a competitive weight division.

I’ll take that over an obnoxious media whore who beat up people in a small man’s division without defending.

People who argue here that Khabib is a mega star because, supposedly, 500 million Russians watch his fights on potatoes connected to aluminum foil antennas, are beyond delusional. He's a grinding wrestler with little personality.

How many stars bigger than Khabib does the UFC have?

UFC 242 was on at the worst time for Americans

So he NEEDS to BE a Mega Star and to achieve that level he needs to fight someone he already MAULED again.

SMH.

Back