For those that doubt Bellator can become greater than the UFC

the UFC's reach is very much alive in Bellator though...

Bellator's WW and LHW champs are from UFC...and only 1 of the 8 guys in the HW Grand Prix is a Bellator fighter, with several coming from the UFC too.

Coker is the man though...no denying that he is a giant in the game and seems to be universally liked and respected by the fighters. SF had some incredible cards, lots of top-tier talent, and some epic all-time moments.

I would not shed a tear if Coker ended up running the UFC one day lol...but competition is good, so hopefully Bellator continues to rise.

smh

dont talk shit abt HEavy weights...you have 36 year old miocic, senior citizan 40 year old werdum, 37 year old(is he still alive)Overeem and 36 year old broken down and dead cain....

LMAO - please tell me you are trolling...

are you seriously talking shit about the UFC's HW division when Bellator had to search for guys (including non-HWs) to fill its Grand Prix, with a vacant title that hasn't been contested in over FOUR YEARS? LOLOL

the UFC's reach is very much alive in Bellator though...

Bellator's WW and LHW champs are from UFC...and only 1 of the 8 guys in the HW Grand Prix is a Bellator fighter, with several coming from the UFC too.

Coker is the man though...no denying that he is a giant in the game and seems to be universally liked and respected by the fighters. SF had some incredible cards, lots of top-tier talent, and some epic all-time moments.

I would not shed a tear if Coker ended up running the UFC one day lol...but competition is good, so hopefully Bellator continues to rise.

LMAO - please tell me you are trolling...

are you seriously talking shit about the UFC's HW division when Bellator had to search for guys (including non-HWs) to fill its Grand Prix, with a vacant title that hasn't been contested in over FOUR YEARS? LOLOL

Im saying bellators hw future is way brighter and deeper

you have miocic 36, Werdum 40, overeem 37 and knocked out a million times and Ngannou 31 who has no gas...thats all you have..all old guys who are gonna retire sooon

Belltor has Minakov 33 years old 21-0, Blaydes 26 years old 10-1, Fortune 27 years old, Cole Conrad could come back at 33 and still be younger than anyone you have!!!

Ill admit you have old guys at the top but the depth is at bellator....tell me which one of these guys wouldnt be top 5 in the ufc if they came to the ufc.

UFC heavyweight division

1. miocic
2. Ngannou
3. Werdum
4. overeem
5. Volkov(so who isnt better than volkov is what you have to ask yourself) The guy that lost his last 2 fights in bellator and got cut, sent to the minors(ufc) to get more experience

kongo the guy who beat him, tony johnson the guy that beat him, Mitrone, Fedor, Bladyes, Mir, Minakov, Cole Conrad, Fortune, Kharitonov....

I just gave you 11 guys on the Bellator roster that would come over to the UFC rn and beat the #5 ranked UFC HW Volkov.

Last edited:

you have miocic 36, Werdum 40, overeem 37 and knocked out a million times and Ngannou 31 who has no gas...thats all you have..all old guys who are gonna retire sooon

Belltor has Minakov 33 years old 21-0, Blaydes 26 years old 10-1, Fortune 27 years old, Cole Conrad could come back at 33 and still be younger than anyone you have!!!

Ill admit you have old guys at the top but the depth is at bellator....tell me which one of these guys wouldnt be top 5 in the ufc if they came to the ufc.

UFC heavyweight division

1. miocic
2. Ngannou
3. Werdum
4. overeem
5. Volkov(so who isnt better than volkov is what you have to ask yourself) The guy that lost his last 2 fights in bellator and got cut, sent to the minors(ufc) to get more experience

kongo the guy who beat him, tony johnson the guy that beat him, Mitrone, Fedor, Bladyes, Mir, Minakov, Cole Conrad, Fortune, Kharitonov....

I just gave you 11 guys on the Bellator roster that would come over to the UFC rn and beat the #5 ranked UFC HW Volkov.
Blaydes is in the UFC

Agreed 100% that they will become a legit competitir, and anyone who disagrees is just shilling for Uncle Dana.

They've got some great, stacked divisions, and no wmma. They just need to bump their production values a bit, and they'll be good to go.
A lot of you guys obviously don't even pay attention to them. They have WMMA fights on several main cards. Probably not the majority but close to it. They had a WMMA main event two months ago. One on the main card of their next big televised card.

And the TS liked your post. I always see people saying and rooting for Bellator to become number one and in the content of their post is evidence they don't even watch, pay attention or care that much and clearly aren't supporting them enough to help make that happen.

Lol at arguing about the HW division. HW is pretty terrible as a whole and so is LHW. Bellator has top level talent from 145-185 but doesn't have the depth that the UFC has.

Bellator has some very good fighters:

Mousasi, Rory, Davis, Bader, Lima, Caldwell. Not to mention, they are playing it smart with guys like Fedor, Rampage, Sonnen, Mir, Wanderlei, etc. These guys are washed up but still huge names. It really would not surprise me to see other bigger name fighters head to Bellator.

okay i just read a bunch of shit talking on sonnen and not one UFC LHW named. I gave you 4 guys..Bader, Phil Davis, King Mo and Sonnen...give me 4 lhw guys in the UFC better than all those guys...

start over and answer the question this time

DC & Jon Jones wipe the floor with all those guys in their sleep.

Jon demolished Bader and Sonnen finishing both before the end of the first round neither fight was competitive.

Teixiera KOed Bader in round one and beat Phil Davis

Gus would be a heavy favorite in all those matchups, including Phil Davis, but good luck getting Gus in the cage healthy.

Rumble demolished Bader and beat Phil Davis.

King Mo sucks. He would not win a single fight if he faced Jones, DC, Rumble, Glover, Gus.

Chael is shot and fighting in the senior division. His prime was literally ten years ago and he was winning those fights in large part by being juiced to the gills.

And LHW in the UFC is awful, the worst it has ever been. I wish Bellator was bringing high level talent to the MMA scene instead of recycled past prime UFC guys.

UFC heavyweight division

1. miocic
2. Ngannou
3. Werdum
4. overeem

This troll isnt very good. Fucking troll is counting Minakov, Cole Konrad and Blaydes as active Bellator fighters.

One guy is retired for years, other was stripped of his title cause he wont fight for them and Blaydes is still in UFC.

I'm more interested in Bellator than UFC tbh

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/...s-catchweight-fights-fighter-expenses-burdens

No. They don't treat their bellator bred fighters well, Pitbull and chandler get paid peanuts while ufc washouts come in and get paid 6 figure deals, that's why so many guys crossover to the UFC. (Chandler won't come over because of USADA) Woodley would still be a nobody if he were champ in Bellator, instead he has millions of followers on IG thanks to the UFC

it's not just about getting talent. they need a huge marketing push and a big increase in their budget. most people dont even know what mma is, they know ufc not mma.

UFC heavyweight division

1. miocic
2. Ngannou
3. Werdum
4. overeem

aside from Volkov sliding to #6 this week, where to begin...

Blaydes? as of now, isn't he is the new #5 ranked UFC HW and awaiting a renewal offer? So your list of 11 is really 10.

Minakov? hasn't fought for Bellator in almost 4 years. Now you're down to 9.

Konrad? as you know, is retired and last fought in May 2012. Now you're down to 8.

I should just stop now, because surely you are trolling, but...

you mention a retired Konrad, but ignore a non-retired Cain? Which guy is more likely to fight again? Which Bellator HW is favoured over Cain, even if he returns as half the fighter he was? probably none.

add Daniel Cormier to the UFC HW list too, since he has moved back up. which Bellator HWs would be favoured over DC? probably none.

yes, the UFC HWs are old...and so are the Bellator HWs: Fedor (41), Nelson (41), Mitrione (39), Mir (38), Kharitonov (37). keep in mind that Stipe (for sure) and Werdum (very likely) are not past their prime the way most of those guys are.

Tyrell Fortune at 27 is 4-0, beating cans. I'll take 24yr old Tai Tuivasa and his seven 1st round stoppages as a better prospect.

so which of your 'young' guys wouldn't be top 5 in the UFC HW division? Isn't the better question to name even ONE active Bellator HW who would be? ;)

Last edited:
This troll isnt very good. Fucking troll is counting Minakov, Cole Konrad and Blaydes as active Bellator fighters.

One guy is retired for years, other was stripped of his title cause he wont fight for them and Blaydes is still in UFC.

I took the time to respond in detail just now...silly me - LOL

Bellator has the lineal SuperHluk belt. UFC has the lineal Saku Belt. Until Bellator retrieves that Belt, they’ll never be bigger than UFC.

Unless maybe both belts merge under the UFC banner and their combined power is too much to contain and destroys all of MMA.

Cormier boutta be HW champ...his teammate Cain could prolly beat miocic too
Cormier is LHW champ
The Whole MW division is strikeforce
WW champ...woodley..strikeforce
Nicks bro is the real LW champ strikeforce

you cant just forget a guy that got his ass kicked by chandler went on to win the belt in the toughest division in the UFC!!!!

Scott Coker finds the best talent in the world. ppl need to recognize this. They already have the top prospects:

Ed ruth, Pico, AJ McKee, Fortune. They are spending the money, the time will come when Bellator competes with the UFC and the Prideufc days return.

This is what MMA needs! competition
Their toilet level ratings, poor live gates and overspending on has beens disagrees with you.

Bellator ebbs and flows, with peaks featuring freakshow has-beens (Ken-Royce) and valleys featuring under-promoted young talent wasting their primes.

Coker overpays a few big names (Fedor, Tito, Sonnen), and has no time/money to expand the roster, forcing Pitbulls , Curran, and Chandler to rematch same dudes over and over again. For example, Brooks fought Awad thrice, and Patricio fought Straus FOUR times.

Back