For those that doubt Bellator can become greater than the UFC

I'll believe it when I see it. For the time being, the UFC has at least 7-8 of the Top 10 fighters in every men's division, and they have ever since the end of Pride.

And performance outside the UFC is not a great predictor of success within the UFC. Strikeforce sent over Rockhold and Jacare and Cormier, who have dominated in the UFC, but they also sent over Gilbert Melendez, who disappointed terribly. Bellator sent over Eddie Alvarez who got a UFC belt (briefly), but also Will Brooks, who might wash out of the UFC entirely with another loss. Given those guys' histories with Chandler, why would I believe Bellator's LW poster boy is anything other than just another Top 10-ish fighter?

Fighters who excel in other promotions before coming to the UFC are far more likely to end up being Jorge Santiago or Denis Kang than Luke Rockhold.

LOL @ future world champions.

they were lol when Coker said Cormier was the best

when he said cain was a future champ they were lol

When he said the best middleweights in the world were at strikeforce they lol

when he said woodley was the best they were loling

keep laughing and watch

The shittiest PPV UFC can do. Still sells more than the best Bellator can put together.

You lost me at "Cain could probably beat Miocic too". Post USADA Cain is 1-1 wirh his single win being Travis Browne

Even WCW managed to surpass the WWF for awhile and give them strong competition. I don't foresee the same thing with Bellator, but it's possible.

I'll believe it when I see it. For the time being, the UFC has at least 7-8 of the Top 10 fighters in every men's division, and they have ever since the end of Pride.

And performance outside the UFC is not a great predictor of success within the UFC. Strikeforce sent over Rockhold and Jacare and Cormier, who have dominated in the UFC, but they also sent over Gilbert Melendez, who disappointed terribly. Bellator sent over Eddie Alvarez who got a UFC belt (briefly), but also Will Brooks, who might wash out of the UFC entirely with another loss. Given those guys' histories with Chandler, why would I believe Bellator's LW poster boy is anything other than just another Top 10-ish fighter?

Fighters who excel in other promotions before coming to the UFC are far more likely to end up being Jorge Santiago or Denis Kang than Luke Rockhold.

works both ways

guys like benson become the greatest lw fighter of all time in the ufc...come to bellator and go 0-4

You lost me at "Cain could probably beat Miocic too". Post USADA Cain is 1-1 wirh his single win being Travis Browne

this shows how dumb you are

the whole point was all those guys went on to become champions in the ufc...guys scott coker found...did cain not go on to become champ

Seems like bellator is slowly getting better and ufc is slowly declining, i can see it in a few years

Cormier boutta be HW champ...his teammate Cain could prolly beat miocic too
Cormier is LHW champ
The Whole MW division is strikeforce
WW champ...woodley..strikeforce
Nicks bro is the real LW champ strikeforce

you cant just forget a guy that got his ass kicked by chandler went on to win the belt in the toughest division in the UFC!!!!

Scott Coker finds the best talent in the world. ppl need to recognize this. They already have the top prospects:

Ed ruth, Pico, AJ McKee, Fortune. They are spending the money, the time will come when Bellator competes with the UFC and the Pride..ufc days return.

This is what MMA needs! competition
Lol @ Nate being a "Strikeforce" fighter.

Cormier boutta be HW champ...his teammate Cain could prolly beat miocic too
Cormier is LHW champ
The Whole MW division is strikeforce
WW champ...woodley..strikeforce
Nicks bro is the real LW champ strikeforce

you cant just forget a guy that got his ass kicked by chandler went on to win the belt in the toughest division in the UFC!!!!

Scott Coker finds the best talent in the world. ppl need to recognize this. They already have the top prospects:

Ed ruth, Pico, AJ McKee, Fortune. They are spending the money, the time will come when Bellator competes with the UFC and the Prideufc days return.

This is what MMA needs! competition

Agreed 100% that they will become a legit competitir, and anyone who disagrees is just shilling for Uncle Dana.

They've got some great, stacked divisions, and no wmma. They just need to bump their production values a bit, and they'll be good to go.

smh

dont talk shit abt HEavy weights...you have 36 year old miocic, senior citizan 40 year old werdum, 37 year old(is he still alive)Overeem and 36 year old broken down and dead cain....

Bellator has young Blaydes, young fortune...minakov is only 33...way brighter future

LHW--now with DC at HW and jones gone find me 3 LHWs in the ufc better than any of these guys, Bader, Phil Davis, King Mo and Sonnen. I gave you 4, give me 3 better in the UFC now....ill wait.

MW- moose beats whittaker all day everyday

WW- Rory already beat Woodley do you need him to do it again

you dont know what youre talking abt....u just say what dana tells you
You're going to call Chael Sonnen a top LHW and use that as a claim that bellator has more talent? You can make better arguments than that if you are attempting to claim Bellator as competitive to the UFC in terms of talent.

Chael sucks at LHW, he made that giant weight cut for all those years in the IFC for a reason. the fact the he is competing at LHW and HW just goes to show how weak Bellator is in those divisions. Chael is a name with a big mouth and a fan base, he is WAAAAYY way way way the fuck past his prime. Hopefully Bellator let's him find that magic recipe that lead to his success wink wink (ps I favor fighters juicing it's not a knock just reality)

And yes UFC Hw and LHW are stale, but Jon Jones would walk thru Bellator guys with ease and you can't deny that.

What Bellator fight is a bigger fight than D.C. Bs Stipe?

I'd love to see Rory and Mousasi fighting the top UFC guys. I'm a huge fan and wish then the best of luck and financial success and I will watch their fights whenever and wherever they fight.

Has nothing to do with Dana, can't stand that lying scumbag.

Agreed 100% that they will become a legit competitir, and anyone who disagrees is just shilling for Uncle Dana.

They've got some great, stacked divisions, and no wmma. They just need to bump their production values a bit, and they'll be good to go.

its obvious theyre taking the pride approach

Stack HW and LHW...lets be real, they sign GUS..their lhw division is better than the UFC. When they do sign Blaydes, after all the old guys in the ufc retire it will be better.

ppl didnt think cormier could be champ when he was in strikeforce...they say the same abt ed ruth

ppl say Woodley couldnt be champ in the ufc when he was at strikeforce....same talk abt AJ Mckee

they go Pico lost haha failed prospect, you forget abt Romero getting knocked out in strikeforce!! ya...just wait

Tyrell fortune is by far the best hw prospect in MMA and the next best one who isnt even a prospect any more blaydes is coming to belltator....just watch and see

rizin-ff.0.0.jpeg

Better product. Just not as popular.

You're going to call Chael Sonnen a top LHW and use that as a claim that bellator has more talent? You can make better arguments than that if you are attempting to claim Bellator as competitive to the UFC in terms of talent.

Chael sucks at LHW, he made that giant weight cut for all those years in the IFC for a reason. the fact the he is competing at LHW and HW just goes to show how weak Bellator is in those divisions. Chael is a name with a big mouth and a fan base, he is WAAAAYY way way way the fuck past his prime. Hopefully Bellator let's him find that magic recipe that lead to his success wink wink (ps I favor fighters juicing it's not a knock just reality)

And yes UFC Hw and LHW are stale, but Jon Jones would walk thru Bellator guys with ease and you can't deny that.

What Bellator fight is a bigger fight than D.C. Bs Stipe?

I'd love to see Rory and Mousasi fighting the top UFC guys. I'm a huge fan and wish then the best of luck and financial success and I will watch their fights whenever and wherever they fight.

Has nothing to do with Dana, can't stand that lying scumbag.

okay i just read a bunch of shit talking on sonnen and not one UFC LHW named. I gave you 4 guys..Bader, Phil Davis, King Mo and Sonnen...give me 4 lhw guys in the UFC better than all those guys...

start over and answer the question this time

UFC is the Coca Cola of MMA

Everything else is Pepsi

Back