For those saying Jones is scared to fight Gus again...

the writing is on the wall and jones is scared and dont want nothing to do with gus

Jones got lucky and caught him with an elbow. Gus was beating the crap out of Jones in that fourth round until the last minute. Even though he hurt Gus with that elbow he didn

and for those asking when was gus almost finished, please watch the end of the 4th where he gets rocked and eats about 15 elbows all while trying to run away and survive. then watch the 5th round round from 2:30 on where the dude can barely stand, has his hands on his hips and is eating shot after shot after shot

Gus won 1,2,3, and 5. There is no debating that. That was so obvious that anyone stating otherwise reveals their that their stupidity is so severe that any commentary that the have is rendered useless

hahahahahahhahahahhahah, gus won round 5?!?!?!? HOW???? you sir are an idiot, please leave the forum promptly.

Rerun...that's your opinion. The judges who mattered saw things differently. Dana always says don't let it go to the judges and that is exactly what Gus did.

As to what irks me most is Dana White in all this. A few days back he announced the UFC was in contract negotiations with Jones. Then we hear Gus signed the contract, the UFC has the event planned and releases it publicly and now Dana states Jones has five fights left on his contract. Which is it Dana, either you are renegotiating the contract or not. If you don't have the deal done, don't release which event you are planning to have the rematch.

Gus had vastly more significant strikes than jones, probably 2 to 3 times as many.

are you stupid or can you just not read?

Significant strikes Jones: 134
Significant strikes Gus: 110

Total strikes Jones: 137
Total strikes Gus: 114

As for you saying gus won round 5, please take a shotgun and aim it at your head.

Most of the people saying this are Fedor/GSP fans because they know he's nearly eclipsed Fedor and is well on his way to eclipsing GSP.

Wow GSP really is on your mind 24/7.

I like Luke, he writes some good stuff and his opinions are usually pretty good.

However he is one of these guys that puts MMA fighters on superhuman pedestals, makes them out to seem like they're impervious to fear and worry. Do I think Jones is "afraid" of Gus? No, but I think that drawing that conclusion from the series of events is somewhat reasonable.

I think Jones knows what a tough fight is was last time, he probably realises that it could be exactly the same this time. He might not want to put his body through that again, which is understandable. Difference is that Jones is the world champion, if you're not ready to defend that belt against any man that can weigh 205 at weigh ins, then give up the belt.

So you agree with Luke but don't respect his opinion lol. There is probably some truth in what you've said. However, are you implying that every fighter in the UFC should be asking for fights other than champs and that champs should have no say? If Jones was asking for a title shot at HW instead of Cormier would you feel differently? Jones already defended the belt against Gus and is ready to take on seemingly any challenger he hasn't already fought. Does he always have to keep fighting Gus until the fans/UFC offer him something different? Why is Gus even being considered? Maybe because he's international perhaps?

At the end of the day I think champs should have to take on all comers. But I don't think they should continue to have to take on the same comers over and over again. If Gus loses the rematch he should never get another chance to fight Jones again and Gus should have to earn a rematch (fuck this auto rematch because we have a shallow roster shit). I don't really think Manuwa who many don't consider top 10 should earn a title shot. Sorry. I also don't think the 2nd fight won't be nearly as competitive.

Don't quote that fight metric bs. They would count a kiss on the cheek as a significant strike. As I recall, jones had less than 20 significant strikes in that fight, probably closer to 10. Gus had 25-30 ish.

i really hope this is a troll account.

you>fightmetric

Please forward to the 25 min mark. Don't know how to embed, sowwwy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qCxMZAD-C_M

at 25:00

So he basically wants us to understand what goes on in JJ mind. I don' t read minds, however, he got beat up by Gus....So I agree it is dumb to think MMA fighters are scared to fight, however, its is dumber to think JJ thinks that Gus doesn't belong in his space. JJ almost lost the fight...helllllooooo

I don't buy anything JJ is doing based on what this guy says.

Jesus so many Jones thread. what could possibly be said in this one that isn't in the 1000 others?

He's insulted that they would even offer Gus the fight? He took a fight with Sonnen and Gus beat him up and sent him to the hospital last time, so there goes that brilliant theory.

Back