For those panicking about them holding the show on Sunday

I think the marketing during the playoffs helped out a lot. As well as Conor being the draw that he is.

Not crazy about staying up until 6AM+ on a work night.

Yeah...

Here in Brazil we had to stay wake till fucking 3:40AM... I am at work now and my head is about to explode...

So connor does less views than nate does when he headlines tv cards.... But he is not considered a needle mover? However, pretty good numbers for connor he is fun to watch.

It's not hard to understand: The playoffs had huge viewings from sports fans. Those same fans kept watching TV. Some turned to the fights.

Fair to say they played this better than people would want to give them credit for?

In the preview on my site on Thursday I quoted almost the exact rating that the show looks like it ended up doing. 1.7 should translate to between 1.9 and 2.1 million viewers. This was from my preview article:

Factoring in the drawing history of the key fighters on the card, in this case McGregor, Siver, Cerrone, Henderson and Tibau, they are all extremely positive draws, meaning the number would come about 36% higher than projections, or between 1.86 and 2.05 million, which would be a record number for an FS 1 show

Fuck them, what about Pixelated's needs?

It's not hard to understand: The playoffs had huge viewings from sports fans. Those same fans kept watching TV. Some turned to the fights.

If it was that simple, you'd hope more people would've grasped that concept going INTO Sunday's event.

In the preview on my site on Thursday I quoted almost the exact rating that the show looks like it ended up doing. 1.7 should translate to between 1.9 and 2.1 million viewers. This was from my preview article:

According to others: it's expected to be about 2.4 million viewers or so.

So connor does less views than nate does when he headlines tv cards.... But he is not considered a needle mover? However, pretty good numbers for connor he is fun to watch.
Nate headlined a TUF finale against a former title challenger that did 1.1 million viewers.

1.7 > 1.1

Currently in Norway.
Watching pre-recorded fights just isn't the same

Oh the plight of being an international sports fan. I used to stay up watching dream and sengoku cards in Japan. Definitely not the healthiest of ways to manage sleep.

As far as pre-recorded events. I actually think it's the best. That way I can fast forward through all commercials and redundant spectacles of the sport. Just gotta stay away from media that covers the event.

If it was that simple, you'd hope more people would've grasped that concept going INTO Sunday's event.

Its sherdog, there re a lot of idiots.

And FOX had a HUGE push during the Seahawks game.

Some did. But it was pushed out of the front-page of threads via the general insanity of sherdog :icon_lol:

According to others: it's expected to be about 2.4 million viewers or so.

Depends on the viewers per home. Point was that I did predict it to do the biggest number for FS 1 and I'm not at all surprised that it did.

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't have more confidence in my own numbers and qualified it by saying that it would likely be a little down from what it should do because of football. But at the time I didn't know about all the commercials they'd be running or the shoulder programming Conor was doing on Saturday. My predictions are almost always within 10% of the actual number.

Fox::FS1...Apples::Oranges

Fox::FS1...Apples::Oranges

More like:

FOX/1.5 (approx.) = FS 1

Nate's 2.5 million on FOX is roughly the same as 1.67 million on FS 1.

But FOX generally gets better overall cards, although this one was definitely a "FOX quality" card. If this show did 2.4 million viewers on FS 1, I'd guess it would've been 3.5-4 million on FOX.

Back