For those on the right who love freedom

Oh the beautiful irony.

Both Asange and Snowden have been heroes of the far left, back when they leaked secret information related to the War on Terror and other programs implimented by the Bush administration. Asange has even had a movie released about him, and Snowden's movie is in post-production.

Now Asange is leaking secret information related to the DNC, and threatening to leak Hillary's Emails saying it'll force the justice department to press charges on her.

And, predictably, the left turns on Asange, now he's no longer a pawn to defeat their political opponents, but a very risky liability toward getting the ultimate establishment leftist elected as President.

I know that's why I cannot wait to vote for trump.

He'll give me my freedoms back.
I'm not shocked that it took maybe three messages for you to switch sides. You liberals sure don't stick to your guns.

Lol kong went full retard itt.

I'm not shocked that it took maybe three messages for you to switch sides. You liberals sure don't stick to your guns.

That's why I'm voting for the Donald. Hell restore all my lost freedoms. Just like most republicans do over the past 30+ years.

Perhaps its just their demeanors influencing me (Snowden is more humble and Assange is preening) but I personally judge Assange a little more harshly than Snowden.

Snowden put himself at great risk to notify Amercians of a vast government overreach. In the process some of our allies learned we were overreaching with them as well. One he did that, he laid low.

Assange puts himself and mainly others at risk to occasionally provide hidden information to the public good, but more often to provide information that alludes to things and incites. And he does it for a living. And not just with governments, but with any person or company he decides he wants to fuck with.

They are on different sides of the line in my opinion. Snowden gets a beer. Assange get a slap across the face. But I don't think either of them should be spending the rest of their lives in a prison cell.

Last edited:
That's why I'm voting for the Donald. Hell restore all my lost freedoms. Just like most republicans do over the past 30+ years.
Specifically what freedoms have you lost?

You're like toilet paper to the turd.

Yes the right wing, historically known as pushers of freedom. Laughable
The left restricts freedom of speech, tries to get rid of the second amendment and loves a strong government which suppressively intervenes in basically every area of society, economy and personal life where they shouldn't even be involved in the first place.

Oh the beautiful irony.

Both Asange and Snowden have been heroes of the far left, back when they leaked secret information related to the War on Terror and other programs implimented by the Bush administration. Asange has even had a movie released about him, and Snowden's movie is in post-production.

Now Asange is leaking secret information related to the DNC, and threatening to leak Hillary's Emails saying it'll force the justice department to press charges on her.

And, predictably, the left turns on Asange, now he's no longer a pawn to defeat their political opponents, but a very risky liability toward getting the ultimate establishment leftist elected as President.
What about me I like both still

This thread is backwards actually. How do those on the left deal with the fact that the democratic president so aggressively goes after people who release information about corruption ect.

I'm on the right and I don't want them punished.

What about me I like both still

Same here. I like it when corrupt politicians are exposed and government programs meant to spy on private citizens are leaked to the public.

But what I find hilarious is the hypocracy of those that don't want leaks that hurt THEIR preferred political candidate.

The fact that Snowden did what he did and then went to accept Putin's protection leads me to dismiss his alleged motives.

How can you turn against your government because they do some bad shit and then go running to cozy up to and beg the protection of someone who is a whole order of magnitude worse when it comes to the specific bad shit you are supposedly denouncing?

The fact that Snowden did what he did and then went to accept Putin's protection leads me to dismiss his alleged motives.

How can you turn against your government because they do some bad shit and then go running to cozy up to and beg the protection of someone who is a whole order of magnitude worse when it comes to the specific bad shit you are supposedly denouncing?

Putin's Russia doesn't claim to be transparent to the public. Plus it's not his country, not his problem imo.

Back