For those of you with NASTY*** feet...do us a favor

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by MMAR15, Sep 16, 2010.

1. MMAR15

MMAR15 Orange Belt

I don't know if I'm the only one that gets totally skeeved out by rolling with guys with F'd up toenails that are all fungal rotted out. I guess I figure if you got nasty feet then most likely you don't wash the rest of your body well either and the chances of me getting some sick skin infection from you is greater.

So here it is....a public service annoucement on how to get rid of it cheap and organically. Yep, learned this method from back in the service long time ago (Rangers learn to take good care of their feet--it's our primary mode of transportation:icon_chee).

You need cornmeal...not the grocery store stuff (although it could probably work in a pinch) but Horticultural cornmeal or whole ground cornmeal. Farmers have used this stuff for decades to fight fungus growth on crops and such. You put about 1" down in a foot pan then fill it with warm water. Mix it up good. Put your feet in and soak for about an hour. Do this once a week and slowly your nails will start to grow out normal.

No, this is not a joke. It actually works. Now for the really bad cases where the nail is just not discolored but is actually a little ball of chewed gum (seriously this guy I rolled with today looked like he had little balls of chewed gum on his toes) I think you'll have to continue treatment for a while...or even consider the Rx stuff.

Ok, well I'll go take my skirt of now and stop complaining about dirty feet.

Guy had feet like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  2. D4rthKitty

D4rthKitty Black Belt

What is 144:1

Is that a verse is psalms or is that odds of Werdum winning by triangle-armbar in the first two minutes?

3. MMAR15

MMAR15 Orange Belt

Uh....the mixture ratio for the cornmeal to warm water?:D

Or this: "Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle"

4. D4rthKitty

D4rthKitty Black Belt

I knew I recognized it from somewhere

Ben Henderson has that tattooed on his hands

5. Gambolls

Gambolls Yellow Belt

That is actually some useful info, I hope my feet never look like that but I will know what to do if they did.

6. GJJNY

GJJNY Purple Belt

What about guys who have fucked up nails from jiujitsu? I got shot on one time and the guy's knee came right down on my toe. Destroyed the nail matrix and now my nail will never grow in solid, its always half there/half cracking off. Sucks, and its ugly, but theres jack shit I can do about it.

7. MMAR15

MMAR15 Orange Belt

I don't know but I think sometime when the matrix gets 'trauma' it opens the door to infection. It may be perhaps you have a fungul infection as well. I'd be curious if this type of treatment would work for that.

I've also seen in the Army where the nail is just so jacked up they wound up just yanking the whole thing out of the toe. No more nail = no more infections or ingrown nail.

Extreme, but it works.

8. redaxe

redaxe Silver Belt

That's different than having a massive fungal infection like the pic

9. notshayndavis

notshayndavis Yellow Belt

That's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I didn't even know toenails could be that nasty. BRB while I go scrub my feet with bleach.

10. MrCreosote

MrCreosote White Belt

Ummmm.... I really don't think that's going to work. The fungus is embedded within the nail and topical treatments don't reach there. The only effective method is oral antifungals typically for a prolonged course, sometimes several weeks. The drugs used to treat nail fungus are expensive, occasionally accompanied by nasty side effects, and have a lot of drug-drug interactions so i guess if your nails look as funky as the ones in the pic you might as well try the cornmeal remedy but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for a miracle cure.

11. MMAR15

MMAR15 Orange Belt

Actually, the cornmeal has living organism I believe that work their way under the nail and begin to eat away at the fungus. It's also why you have to soak for an hour....to let whatever it is work its way under the nail. It's not just a "topical".

12. KaosX

KaosX Banned Banned

I had a nail pop off on the mats from being pushed hard on my feet. My little toenails grow crooked from breaking them so many times when I was young so they were trimmed , they just caught and came off.

I'm at the point now where I just take it back as far as humanly possible the mornings I have BJJ. If it does occur, I just throw tape over it and keep going.

13. mweaver123

mweaver123 Yellow Belt

I don't mean to be a naysayer, but the best way to get rid of toenail fungus is to just get a Lamisil prescription. That stuff worked wonders for me! The only downside are monthly liver tests...

14. KahleyTriangles

KahleyTriangles Blue Belt

Yes, one of my friends had this on his middle toe. He had tried everything. Finally sucked it up and went to the doctor. He had a liver test (because its supposedly hard on your liver) and then got a prescription for oral Lamisil. It went away in like a week. His nail looks healthy and all is well.

15. Rws177die

Rws177die Yellow Belt

Gross fucking picture.

16. LiT_WiCK

LiT_WiCK Brown Belt

so instead of telling the guy that needed the advice you came online to post it on a forum?

thanks?

17. GJJNY

GJJNY Purple Belt

Nah, for as long as I've had it, it would have spread to adjacent nails by now.