For those of you who train or have trained in the past

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Anothermind, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Anothermind

Anothermind White Belt

What boxer(s) style do you find yourself emulating most frequently?

Also, why do you think you've gravitated more to this style?

2. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

Well back in the day, I used to try and be Chavez Sr. I would unload to the body as much as I can, cause I love hard body shots, but I didn't have the skills he had. I had the heart but not the skills. They used to call me the tester in the gym. Cause I was beatable, but I would push the guys right. I was small(125lbs), didn't have a Jab(too soft) but a good left hook, that I threw way to often and my right hand was ok but I always threw from to far out.

I grew up watching Chavez sr. and love how hard he work in fights and always thought nobody was tougher then him. The guy had real championship skills and was a icon to every Mexican that ever wanted to box, that is why I tried to be him.

3. MisterT

MisterT Brown Belt

Joe Frazier

I'm 5'10 and approximately 208 pounds (when I'm in shape). I grew up in East Los Angeles and would routinely get picked on by taller/bigger guys so that's what motivated me to try and emulate Frazier. I'd keep moving forward while trying to set up my left hook.

I also had a pretty good chin and a whole lotta heart so I guess that's another thing that I have in common with Smokin Joe.

4. 12punchko

12punchko Orange Belt

I usually emulate a style like Ali or Lewis because I'm tall and have long very long arms.

5. |TongPo|

|TongPo| Brown Belt

Floyd Mayweather - I avoid evenly matched fights at all costs :)