For the most part, Success in MMA is Pure Luck!

Unless you call it

raw

This thread is pure shit.

Sage's holes would prevent him from winning. Needs to work on that ground game and TDD.

The UFC should have done him like Conor, only fight guys who want to keep it standing.

Unless you call it

raw

Khabib would nuillify this guy's game so bad, and luck would not be involved. Therefore, the UFC will keep this matchup from happening.

Most things (especially in striking) that look like luck really aren't.

Rather, the effect is driven by subtleties that aren't going to be easily seen or understood by a non-fighter/hobbyist.

Striking is definitely more of a lottery than grappling, however.

I don't think so. Skill is why fighters win. The better fighter will win 99% of the time. There are outliners though

Most things (especially in striking) that look like luck really aren't.

Rather, the effect is driven by subtleties that aren't going to be easily seen or understood by a non-fighter/hobbyist.

Striking is definitely more of a lottery than grappling, however.

I don't think so. Skill is why fighters win. The better fighter will win 99% of the time. There are outliners though

One would think the poster with the highest number of posts is more intelligent....not always.

Let's face it, these guys on top just edged their way to the top either by getting good matchup or squeezing by victories which could have gone either way. Competitors' overall skillsets are so close these days.

For example, if Gall and Northcutt Fought 100 times, we all can agree each would win 50 times.

Pure fuckin luck this sport is...for the most part.
If I fought professionally I wouldn't train at all but just work on my luck skills.

Like go to Vegas 2 weeks early and bet the farm....

Back