For the lovers of REAL chocolate

I like dark chocolate, but I have to admit, when I go to buy a Lindt bar...it's a struggle not to get the blue one, baby.

I like dark chocolate, but I have to admit, when I go to buy a Lindt bar...it's a struggle not to get the blue one, baby.

Same here.

Same with Green & Blacks, too. When I go for it, as much as I know I want the 85% to enjoy slowly, it's a toss-up between that and the milk chocolate with almonds bar they make, it's fucking ridiculous. I could eat a cinder-block size portion.

Same here.

Same with Green & Blacks, too. When I go for it, as much as I know I want the 85% to enjoy slowly, it's a toss-up between that and the milk chocolate with almonds bar they make, it's fucking ridiculous. I could eat a cinder-block size portion.

You and Mick are clearly inexperienced, dark chocolate + mint is where it's at!

I regularly have a piece of 80% chocolate (I've tried 90+% varieties several times before, but really didn't like them) with a handful of almonds. Good stuff.

If all chocolates were made equal from a health standpoint, I'd eat chocolate in the 50 - 60% range. Best taste if you ask me.

I like the Bakers 100%, it is cheap and tastes awesome. It comes in a 8oz package and has 8 little 1oz individual wrapped pieces so its nice.

100% all the way for me, anything less just doesnt taste right to me these days

real chocolate tastes like shit

kill-you-fuck-the-body.jpg

I just had a Lindt 99%. I saw it at the store, and was curious, thinking, "Won't this basically taste like baking chocolate?" I had to buy it to see for myself. Turns out, it tasted significantly better than baking chocolate (and I like baking chocolate), and the texture was better, too.

I'm up to Lindt 90% now, pretty tasty stuff. It wasn't that long ago I was struggling to get past the 70-75% mark, I've done well!

I just had a Lindt 99%. I saw it at the store, and was curious, thinking, "Won't this basically taste like baking chocolate?" I had to buy it to see for myself. Turns out, it tasted significantly better than baking chocolate (and I like baking chocolate), and the texture was better, too.

Walmart actually carries the 85% now. I had the same thought as you...minus the inclination to test it. I may try to find a bar of 99% now just to try it.

Walmart actually carries the 85% now. I had the same thought as you...minus the inclination to test it. I may try to find a bar of 99% now just to try it.

It's funny you mention that. Over the past 4 months or so, I've seen a huge increase in the variety of super-dark-chocolates the stores around me carry. There used to be 1-2 brands and about 4 varieties. Yesterday, there were 4-6 brands with 6-10 varieties each, and this was just a run-of-the-mill grocery store, not one of the yuppie-ish ones.

Back