For the love of god give Khabib the title shot, not Tony Ferguson

Hell no. Ferguson has been far more active and had the good sense not to injure himself in training. Staying healthy is part of the sport. These guys that overtrain and hurt themselves have no one but themselves to blame. Just like the guys who cut too much weight and make themselves sick.

LOL get the fuck out of here Cerrone got his ass whipped last time @ LW he doesn't get to skip other contenders just cuz he beat Alvarez

& as for Ferguson Barboza himself said Ferguson deserves the title shot

Lol @ having Ferguson fight in a #1 contenders match but wanting to give choke job Cerrone a title shot even tho he just got one & isn't even competing @ LW anymore

Cerrone is 10-1 in his last 11, a company man, clearly a tough matchup for the current champ, and also has a win over Barboza.

I've already stated I'm ok if Ferguson gets the title shot, but outside of Josh Thomson, his best win is against Barboza. It's a good win, but Barboza is still a fairly one-dimensional (albeit greatly improving) fighter. Barboza also doesn't beat anyone ranked above him. So the idea of Ferguson having one more fight isn't as farfetched as you believe.

khabib gets injured all the time and does not fight during islam holidays, lol you really want this guy to possibly hold a belt??? no thanks

alvarez is going to fight the winner of nate v connor, trust me guys

According to wikipedia, it's going down for real at 205...along with a certain chubby Russian making his alleged debut
13719509_1621134228178159_1027936790440347417_o.jpg

That doesn't make any sense, man.

You're saying we should give him a title shot because he's healthy now and we can't risk him getting injured.

But pointing out that he'd keep the title on hold because of injury is "buying into the myths".

sb3hn4.gif
No we should give him the title because he is just the best guy in this division and is seen like the real champ. The only people who think otherwise are his heaters who are for the most very dumb. Vive le roi Khabib !

Since this is the big question now,

who will fight Alvarez? Khabib or Ferguson? Its one of the two.

We can't risk seeing Khabib injured or out of action again

if theres any time for him to fight for the title, its now

he was supposed to fight Pettis a few years ago before he was injured, so give the man the title shot he earned lon ago

Ferguson almost got KOd in his last fight

Let Khabib have his shot at the title while hes healthy.

Yeah because we need a Cain Velasquez situation at a division as active as Lightweight. Khabib has fought 1 time in 27 months. Twenty. Seven. Months. Give him a title shot if he can fight twice in a calendar year.

No we should give him the title because he is just the best guy in this division and is seen like the real champ. The only people who think otherwise are his heaters who are for the most very dumb. Vive le roi Khabib !
He beat RDA was it 20 years ago? That was a good win.

Fuck that.

El Cucuy hasn't made a career of beating Russians. Unlike Khabib, Tony has fought in America, where the best fighters are.

Tony is on an 8-fight win streak, with 6 finishes. While Khabib punks out every summer, as if being injury-prone wasn't already a problem for him.

Survey Says: Khabib should not get a title shot off of one fight, after being out for 2 years. He needs more recent fights to earn a shot.

I'm rather see Tony get the shot. But I can understand Khabib fans wanting him to get it. I think maybe give the next shot to Khabib and pay Tony to make the weight cut and ready to step in if he gets hurt (again!).

McGregor vs Diaz W vs Alvarez

RDA vs Barboza*

Khabib vs Ferguson*

*More impressive winner gets the next shot
No way does McGregor deserve a title shot with a win over nate. Go defend the belt you already have.

Give it to Khabib and let Tony and RDA fight for the next title shot at the same night.
Guess everyone will be happy with this

Give it to Khabib and let Tony and RDA fight for the next title shot at the same night.
Guess everyone will be happy with this
Everyone except those who think Ferguson is more deserving of the next shot than Khabib. Which is most people.

Khabib vs Alvarez sounds good. If Alrarez can negate Khabibs wrestling it will really put Khabib to the test if he's championship material or not.

Hell no I hope Kabob never gets a title shot. Not with the injuries and constant shit talk while he was sidelined. He called out like 4 people while injured making big claims then returns and fights NONE of them so basically just name riding to keep himself relevant the whole time.

and especially not with a win over darrell horcher. get a top 10 win THIS YEAR - then you have room to talk about a title shot. People shouldn't get a shot based on accomplishments from years back when they've been inactive - doesn't matter if its a win over RDA or not - Jeremy Stephens KNOCKED RDA the FUCK OUT years back- something Khabib couldn't do - and I don't see him campaigning for a title shot - though he definitely is more deserving of one having just beaten Barao.

Only reason I want to compare these fighters is this - one of them has been fighting legit top opponents most of his UFC career (Stephens) wether it was win or lose. He's fought top comp and ducked nobody. The other has one win over a legit top 10 in the UFC the rest is an inflated record and is trying to sneak his way into a title shot coming back 2 years of inactivity while other guys have been working their ass off for theirs. Seriously though just for comparison look at both fighters records and you'll see who's been fighting top guys and who hasn't.

I think my post was easy to understand, so the most I can do is reorder the words a bit for you...

Not everyone will be happy with your idea of giving Khabib the shot while Tony fights Rafael. The reason is that most people prefer Tony get the title shot over Khabib.

Is that better?

Khabib VS Grizzly Bear next.
Alvarez VS Ferguson for the belt

I think my post was easy to understand, so the most I can do is reorder the words a bit for you...

Not everyone will be happy with your idea of giving Khabib the shot while Tony fights Rafael. The reason is that most people prefer Tony get the title shot over Khabib.

Is that better?
ok , thanks better now.
u should also understand that some people wants to see Khabib to fight for the ttile.
I will not say ''most'' like you do, if its ur idea it doesnt mean most.

Back