For the clowns who say Gregor Gillespie is boring

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He has finished his last 5 fights.....Be freaking serious!

Does a finish = Exciting?
Am a Gillespie fan I'm just saying.

Only haters and morons dont appreciate high level grappling. Why dont the haters piss off to boxing or the like. For me the fans who boo are semi-retarded.

Only haters and morons dont appreciate high level grappling. Why dont the haters piss off to boxing or the like. For me the fans who boo are semi-retarded.

What if they want a little takedowns with their boxing? Can they still watch UFC?

There is a big difference between grindng grapping and "slick" grappingling

Can we split the difference and say 90-95% of his fight is boring, but the last 15 seconds is usually fireworks? That's kind of how I see it.

So far he's looked literally invincible. And that's pretty exciting. He totally destroyed my boy Vinc Pichel lololol

Gregor is the american khabib. I cant wait to see him against the top ten guys.

Dudes been a savage. Only simpletons would disagree.

Is normal

A lot of casuals don’t appreciate the technical skill that high level grapplers exhibit. I truly think there is nothing more humiliating to an opponent than completely shutting them down.

i've usually stopped paying attention and missed end
Can we split the difference and say 90-95% of his fight is boring, but the last 15 seconds is usually fireworks? That's kind of how I see it.

I just think you have different types of wrestlers.

You have guys like Jon Fitch, Jake Shields and (in his prime) GSP, who are content with just control.

Then you have guys like Cain velasquez, DC, Khabib and Gillespie who are looking for subs and are pounding you out and looking to actually finish fights.

He has 2 decisions out of 13 fights (all wins).
7 finishes in the first round.
4 finishes in the second round.
2 three-round decisions.
That's about 85% finishing ratio.
Maybe he has no 1-punch KO power, but he's trying to end his fights systematically.

This was quite obviously the only Gillespie fight they watched.

Yeah I wouldn’t say he’s boring
He’s relentless

Back