For the car lovers

Why bother mentioning another car that has no chance against the one mentioned?
My point stands.

The car you mentioned is roughly 100k more than the one I mentioned. Id hope it could put perform it. But even that’s in question as @Noveltymortar posted times that rival your claims.

Either way, you said American cars are no good around a track which is nonsense and displays a complete lack of knowledge on your end. Mustang GT 350’s are terrific around a track too, for example. Vipers are great around a track, what about Ford GT’s..?

You are either arrogant or ignorant and the factually incorrect point you’re clinging to is irrelevant. There are plenty of American cars that can handle and be tracked.

I’m not big on Porsche, but I do love N/A cars.. Didn’t watch the video all the way thru so I’ll have to look this up to see where they rate this car compared to mine but.. my Challenger is one of the fastest factory N/A cars getting into the 11’s stock and around 3.6 or so seconds 0-60..

Your not getting them times easy, that's in ideal conditions on a drag strip, with optimal tire temps, some manufacturers have even been caught posting times with racing slicks.

Now, take a 911 turbo and watch it launch over and over again and post nearly identical times, in varying conditions.

So did you buy that challenger new? Any pics?

I had to special order it. Apparently dealers can’t put in orders for them on their own, so you aren’t going to find one just sitting on a lot unless it’s used or the person ordering it backed out. So I was told anyway.

Your not getting them times easy, that's in ideal conditions on a drag strip, with optimal tire temps, some manufacturers have even been caught posting times with racing slicks.

Now, take a 911 turbo and watch it launch over and over again and post nearly identical times, in varying conditions.

Not my car, people are getting even better times. The record completely stock is 11.5 I believe, a chick that runs a frostbite blue one set that time.

And yes, this car can be launched over and over again and achieve consistent times -it’s a factory built drag car. It’s not a regular Scat. It punches well above its weight.

Fantastic cars.. they handle amazingly and are actually not impossible to daily drive..

I see this hardcore motherfucker in a sameish as op blue cayman with a roof box commute about the same time as me even in the middle of fucking swedish winter..

@Contempt saw you didn't have the cayman for that long but how has it been treating you with repairs, services etc so far..

Not my car, people are getting even better times. The record completely stock is 11.5 I believe, a chick that runs a frostbite blue one set that time.

And yes, this car can be launched over and over again and achieve consistent times -it’s a factory built drag car. It’s not a regular Scat. It punches well above its weight.

It certainly doesn't launch easy, even with launch control and pre warmed drag slicks, for the power output it actually posts poor times for the quarter...........

It certainly doesn't launch easy, even with launch control and pre warmed drag slicks, for the power output it actually posts poor times for the quarter...........
Pretty sure he was talking about a 1320, and you posted a video about a Demon. Different car.

As NM said, my car is a 1320 -it’s a Baby Demon. And there are plenty of people running the 1320’s consistently at the track. In fact, there are plenty of people exceeding the factory times listed.

Do keep in mind Dodge shot themselves in the foot when advertising the Demon by exaggerating its times a bit (they learned from this), and the Demon was not affordable to most actual racers. So there’s a mixture of the types of people tracking those.

The idea behind the 1320 was to advertise it to grass roots racers like me. Much more affordable and much larger group of experienced racers running them.

That said, over at DodgeGarage there are plenty of guys that race the Demons and get consistent times out of them over and over.

Fwiw, I just use mine as a weekend car and most likely won’t track it. I have nothing to prove. I’ve spent more than enough time at tracks with various builds. That’s why I ordered mine fully loaded.

That version of that porsche is a fucking monster.. like proper fucking monster..

It's probably your best bet to win any dragrace with a production car so it really doesn't reflect that badly on the demon.. a lot of very, very expensive cars would do worse against it..

That version of that porsche is a fucking monster.. like proper fucking monster..

It's probably your best bet to win any dragrace with a production car so it really doesn't reflect that badly on the demon.. a lot of very, very expensive cars would do worse against it..

The Driver matters too. Especially if the specs are close between both cars.

On the street from a dig I’ve outrun an M4, but that race stock for stock can go either way. If modded, well, then it just depends on who did what to their car and who spent more. Anything can beat anything if you’re modding.

And just because..

Skip to 2:30 for the race. He takes down a modded 911S Turbo when his Demon was stock.

The Driver matters too. Especially if the specs are close between both cars.

On the street from a dig I’ve outrun an M4, but that race stock for stock can go either way. If modded, well, then it just depends on who did what to their car and who spent more. Anything can beat anything if you’re modding.

That particular race will seldom end well for the demon (no bias at all) but the demon will always struggle with grip on non prepped roads.. can it beat that porsche? absolutely..

I've kept up with m5/3/2 in regular traffic in my audi a5 45tfsi.. will they absolutely emberass me after the 2wd + hp overtakes grip? Yup.. but the 4wd is fucking cheating if you're not a very good driver..

And just because..

Skip to 2:30 for the race. He takes down a modded 911S Turbo when his Demon was stock.

Drag monster.. like it a lot.. like i said.. no bias..

Was a regular spectator at the stockholm open/birka cup drag races way back..

Drag monster.. like it a lot.. like i said.. no bias..

Was a regular spectator at the stockholm open/birka cup drag races way back..

And just we’re all clear.. they goteem in the 1/4 mile too because people cried about that 1st vid being in the 1/8 mile..

The Porsche is still a great car tho. And like I said earlier, if I’ve learned anything when it comes to racing -with a good driver, enough money, and the right mods.. anything goes. You never know when a fucking hatchback is going to creep up on you and put a Walmart parking lot on you lol

Also keep in mind that’s a 200k car Vs an 85k car when both were/are new.

I prefer american muscle cars but of all the european sports cars I would totally want to own a Porsche 911.

And just we’re all clear.. they goteem in the 1/4 mile too because people cried about that 1st vid being in the 1/8 mile..

The Porsche is still a great car tho. And like I said earlier, if I’ve learned anything when it comes to racing -with a good driver, enough money, and the right mods.. anything goes. You never know when a fucking hatchback is going to creep up on you and put a Walmart parking lot on you lol

Yeah fucking tell me about it..

I've ran into a couple of well built/driven v8 switched volvo 240/740.. fuck that..

Back