For real, how well do you get on with your folks?

Yeah see, pretty similar situation.

My mother ALWAYS did the looking after.
My old man worked but, never took an interest in me as a person.

The problem really is this whole sexual thing with my mother.

I just can't stand that shit.

I wanna say, "I'm your fucking SON!! Don't speak to me like that".

It honestly feels like she's trying to get me to pick her up or something.

Thing is, I generally try and incite a reaction in women - makes them easy to nail/pick up - and am pretty good at it, but my mother can't seem to understand that she doesn't fall into the category of "regular women".

Something something broken arms...

dont really talk to them. and ive never gotten along with my father. me and my brother are close though

My mom is awesome to me. She has dealt with all the craziness I have been through and still loves me. My dad on the other hand is a douche. It took me until my mid 20's to realize why I had so much anger towards him. I don't speak to him anymore. I don't need him around.

My family is very close. My brother and sister are grown and have our own families, but we talk all the time and visit each other pretty often. They're my best friends.
I was very close with my mom, she died a few years ago and I miss her a lot. I'm not quite close with my dad. it's just different. We talk regularly, but it's mostly superficial stuff. We were very close when I was young, but we've just grown apart. I don't care for his new wife. I know that's part of it. He was different after my mom died. It kinda broke him.
My grandmom is the last grandparent I have left and I love that crazy old bird.

Lots of mammas boys in here.... wheres the love for pops?

I loved my dad growing up but when he left my mom for some truckstop Trixie and decided he didn't have time for me and my brother then things changed. I know marriages don't always last, that wasn't it. He did some pretty shitty stuff like attack me (him and his hillbilly whore wife double teamed me) on his birthday because months earlier I came to his house like he asked me to and woke him and her up from their 1pm nap. Little did I know it royally pissed them off. Actually it didn't, they just used it as an excuse to go off on me because they are miserable fucks. This after I took his wife's blind daughter out on dates to make her feel normal. Anyway, after they cursed at me for 20 minutes, mostly about shit before that dumb bitch even married my dad, I had enough and left. I told them I was leaving and I was never coming back. That was 20 years ago. Needless to say it was pretty ugly.

When I was leaving my grandmother and aunt were arriving. They weren't there 10 mins before they left because him and that viper of a wife curse them out too. How dare that fat fuck and his **** wife curse my Grandmother like that.

I agonized over it for years but then I got MS when I was in my 30s but that selfsih bastard has not once called me to ask how I was so that's where pops is at.

I get on well with my Dad generally. He's a boss. My mum's always been more like a sister than a mother*, so I suppose I naturally dislike her in that sibling rivalry kind of way. Although I don't have any actual siblings so maybe I'm just an asshole.

*Not because of incest or anything

get along well with my mom,

with my dad we get along in general, just not when we're both drinking

hes the type that lectures you about petty shit when he drinks and does it with an almost punishing tone, and I'm the type that likes to have fun when I drink so it doesn't exactly go well when he starts ranting about something petty and I'm just trying to have fun

I think this sexual voice thing the mom does toward TS deserves its own thread.

That is beyond weird. I'm getting the willies just thinking about it.

thats a long fucking OP to pose a simple question.

I just have a mom and I get along with her better than ever.

So, is she flirting with you? I don't really understand what's happening.
I certainly understand why it's off putting.

So, is she flirting with you? I don't really understand what's happening.
I certainly understand why it's off putting.

Nah, she's not flirting with me.

Just uses a tone of voice and behavioral that is highly inappropriate.

It kind of serves as a reflection to me that she regards me in a way that is not correct for a mother to regard her son in.

By example, if this were a regular girl that was not a blood relative that was speaking to me in this way, and I were interested in her sexually, this behavior would be very much giving me the "go ahead".

So it's kinda fuckin' messed up to say the least.

Now, for me, I regard myself as a bit of playboy with women.
Don't hate on me here, but chicks dig me.
I guess they dig my mojo.

It's like my mother wants in on a piece of the action and excitement that regular girls get around me.

Again, don't hate on me.
I'm not blowing smoke up my own ass or anything.

Maybe I'm wrong, but just calling it like I see it.

And how I see it is, she should maintain a dignified demeanor relative to me, AT ALL FUCKING TIMES.

im close with my parents. they live in ga, i live in ny. i visit them at least once a year at a minimum and if i dont see them in georgia, we'll see each other in miami. i call every week to see how they're doing.

a phone call goes a mile TS. not only did they put a roof over your head for your formative years they paid for your schooling and expenses. the least u can do is call them every now and then.

My parents are divorced as most are these days.

I have a decent relationship with my mom, we don't agree on many things but it's fine. My father and I are fine but I hardly ever visit him and I barely know my stepmother and step-sisters from his new marriage.

im close with my parents. they live in ga, i live in ny. i visit them at least once a year at a minimum and if i dont see them in georgia, we'll see each other in miami. i call every week to see how they're doing.

a phone call goes a mile TS. not only did they put a roof over your head for your formative years they paid for your schooling and expenses. the least u can do is call them every now and then.

I call them every week.

That's the thing.
We got nothing to say to each other.

They went out on a limb for me whenever I asked them, which is why I'm concerned that fundamentally, we simply don't connect well now, like I said, particularly with my mother, who is quite overbearing.

I just think it should be toned down a little more.
Call them more sporadically, not systematically every week at the same time with the same expectations - having a grind of a conversation.

Never got along with my dad. He was just a guy who should never have had kids. No sense of responsibility at all.

Never liked him as an adult either. He had this weird smugness about him. He wasn't a very bright guy, but always thought he was the smartest guy in the room. If he was at a social function and met a real estate agent, for example, he would try to explain to him how the real estate market works and get it wrong. I've never met someone with so much confidence for so little reason. Late in life he got into weird conspiracy theories. I didn't even go to his funeral.

Back