For people that think Khabib would beat Gregor Gillespie

It's a fight I'd love to see, it's one style of fight we haven't seen Khabib in vs a high level collegiate and mma wrestler. He's 6-0 with a decent resume. But of course, this is LW which is beyond stacked and 6-0 with is wins won't get you close to a title shot. Of course, no one is saying he's a contender yet just that he needs more wins and some marquee wins.

He is ranked #10 right now and there is some opportunity at LW. Lee left the division, Edson just can't break through and may be nearing gatekeeper status. Conor is only gonna take big fights, and you got a few guys lined up for near title shots with Tony, Gaetchje, Cowboy and Al.

Gregor needs a marquee win, Barbosa would be a big name on his resume and would instantly catapult him near the the top 5. Felder would be a good fight for him as well, some ahead of him. After that he cold do loser of Al/Cowboy an at that point he's a contender. Still would need 1-2 wins.

so, whats your point ? lets assume Khabib and his father wanted Max to win but it didnt happened.
they pick fighter because they want Max to win ? is that what you are trying to say ?

I do also think that Gregor is a big danger for Khabib but please think before you post.
Khabib never picked a fighter, he did fight any fighter they put infront of him

Khabib said that #1 fight he wanted was Tony, which is wanted by pretty much every human being who watches MMA. He said its the most anticipated In UFC now and I agree. More then JJ vs DC, more then Israel and Whitaker. After Khabibs fight with Dustin I am sure it will be even more because of recent fight bias.

Tony is thought by many to be the only human being alive in LW division who can take out Khabib by some versetile, crazy-holy water-slick sub of his back.

Why would Khabib wanna fight somebody who can ruin his streak? Unless he was Khabib, who never ducked anybody

I heard some stuff about Khabib refusing Cerrone but we need to hear his side of a story. Not Like ducking Cerrone and accepting fight with RDA who KOed Cerrone was "ducking"

Not to mention that Khabib was following and harassing Dana to carpark asking for bigger fights.

This whole myth of Khabib ducking started with his stupid idea of Fighting Floyd, which was pushed 24/7 by Ali, who annoyed everybody with it. They started saying he is ducking Tony and others and wanna fight for Money
'Thank GOD Dana killed that fight idea. Damn bro! Thanks Dana!

I'm still surprised that people here on Sherdog fail to understand the massive difference between Amateur wrestling and MMA wrestling. Gregor is the better Amateur wrestler, Khabib is the better MMA wrestler.

It's a fight I'd love to see, it's one style of fight we haven't seen Khabib in vs a high level collegiate and mma wrestler. He's 6-0 with a decent resume. But of course, this is LW which is beyond stacked and 6-0 with is wins won't get you close to a title shot. Of course, no one is saying he's a contender yet just that he needs more wins and some marquee wins.

He is ranked #10 right now and there is some opportunity at LW. Lee left the division, Edson just can't break through and may be nearing gatekeeper status. Conor is only gonna take big fights, and you got a few guys lined up for near title shots with Tony, Gaetchje, Cowboy and Al.

Gregor needs a marquee win, Barbosa would be a big name on his resume and would instantly catapult him near the the top 5. Felder would be a good fight for him as well, some ahead of him. After that he cold do loser of Al/Cowboy an at that point he's a contender. Still would need 1-2 wins.
Please, leave Barboza out of this, the guy has been molested by grapplers hard enough. Let him bang strikers and finish his career with some grace, bro.

I dont think he will ever even be proposed it. He seems like he doesnt want to fight and be part of UFC hype system. Cant blame him but comon, UFC has been in image building business since day 1.

He will never even be added to co main. IMO

If he never loses they won't have a choice. Definitely not saying he won't lose, we have to see him pass a lot of tests before I can call him Khabib. But if he never loses he will almost mathematically for sure get a title shot eventually.

But I do agree with you about his apathy towards the UFC hype machine.

Next we’ll be talking about a guy who doesn’t even compete in MMA and haters will moan about how khabib is ducking him as well.

lol at mention of Tony subbing Khabib off his back...just no....no one will be subbing Khabib

lol at mention of Tony subbing Khabib off his back...just no....no one will be subbing Khabib
Not at 155, anyway. Khabib vs Maia would be interesting, because Khabib would actually grapple Maia.

Khabib has bigger fish to fry...Poirier, Gaethje, Tony, Max and Motown Phenom...I'd like to throw Gregor to the mix but he needs to fall in line. I'd like to see him fight Barboza or Vick then see what happens.

Lol dude we got it, you like Gillepsie, he's a good fighter.

But what he did in NCAA doesn't mean anything now, Khabib is not just the best wrestler at LW he is also the best grappler.

And we already saw many "NCAA level" wrestler get outgrappled in the UFC.

He needs some big wins and more importantly big fights, no one cared about Iaquinta until he got the opportunity to fight Khabib. Gillespie fights twice a year and then cares more about fishing than his fighting career. He should be screaming at the UFC to give him more fights.
Have you ever done steelhead fishing tho? I do it before work and after work...so I know where Gregor is coming from when it comes to steelhead...lol.

Khabib has only fought one decent grappler: Tibau. Don't give me that RDA bs, RDA crumbles under pressure

Do you think Khabib would be able to get 4 points against Jordan Burroughs?

Gregor had to wrestle Burroughs in college. He lost but got 4 points on him in these video.

Khabib and his father want nothing to do with Gregor.
Khabib and his father wanted Max to win so badly. They pick and choose fighters to fight all the time and lie about doing it.

I hope Gregor gets his shot.

this is MMA wrestling not pure wrestling.
ever heard of GSP? without having any formal wrestling training before his MMA career, he easily outwrestled a division 1 champion in MMA... think about it...

Russian wrasslers > US wrasslers.

Gregor had to wrestle Burroughs in college. He lost but got 4 points on him in these video.

Khabib and his father wanted Max to win so badly. They pick and choose fighters to fight all the time and lie about doing it.

there are olympic gold medalists that got koed stiff. Yoel couldnt takedown whittaker without gassing the fk out which is why he didnt shoot at all in the rematch. there is no doubt in my mind that khabib outwrestles and out grapples gregor.

are you mentally damaged? should khabib fight a rank 10 with 0 top 15 wins just cause you want him to? LOL.

Khabib trains with people who beat Borroughs

Mma is not wresslin. Gregor’s striking is utter shit. Khabib knows how to mix it up much, much better.

Back