Media For my UK folks: Is the Scouser accent the UK's verison of American Southern accent?

Yes, like Boston there is a big Irish influence in Liverpool, but also very similar (I think) to North Wales. Obviously this makes sense geographically. If you listen to Welsh speakers in a conversation it sounds very much like two scousers, just impossible to understand. Also a lot of scousers over emphasise it and try to hard to be dead, dead scouse. Scouse not English, etc. Its fucking embarrassing.

People who exaggerate their accent are the worst. I call that “fake scouse”

This is an astute observation. I’m from Liverpool myself and don’t sound like Paddy, I’m more civilised
Yes, many native Bostonians don't sound like South Bostonians, I'm sure thinking that they're more civilised too.

No definitely not. Each county in the uk pretty much has its own accent. I’m Irish, where paddy comes from most people’s ancestors came from Ireland which is why it so unique compared to the rest of the country. Have a look at the Newcastle accent on youtube if you want to hear a funnier one.

There are even different versions of Manc. I can drive for about 10 minutes and the accent is slightly different, another 10 and so on. And pity the poor people between Liverpool and Manchester, they're like a red headed step child, don't belong anywhere and nobody wants to listen to them.

Same as in Wales - Cardiff accent sounds completely different to the Valleys, and even the Valleys have different tinges (where I'm from versus the Rhondda for example), and the north Walian accent is different too.

I can't speak for the UK but I was taken aback when I first moved to the U.S

People in my bar in New York would be unaware that they are speaking to someone from a different State

Back in Ireland we can tell what nearby village someone is from by their accent

And someone from 20 miles away may as well be speaking a different language

UK Rednecks = Pikeys, and it's not even close.

Listen to Conor. Turn up the twang and you're there.

Bristol is pretty shit too. Alright my lover?

Nottingham accent sounds like you've had a significant brain injury.

Geordies? Just noise.

Cockerneys? They all talk shit dahn sarf. They put R's in words that don't need them. Parss me those jellied eels etc
i am a cockney you cunt

Same as in Wales - Cardiff accent sounds completely different to the Valleys, and even the Valleys have different tinges (where I'm from versus the Rhondda for example), and the north Walian accent is different too.
Funny you mention Wales, typing my post my brain went off thinking about my favourite accent on a woman and it’s definitely Welsh.

I’ve travelled all over Wales, love the place. And true, lots of diversity in those accents too. Scotland too obviously, Glaswegians is a much harsher accent than say Arbroath.

You haven’t lived until youve heard someone from rural Newfoundland speak. Crazy accent they’ll tell you how many baby seals they’ve clubbed.

Back