For Flat-footers, how do you allieviate soreness?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Steakeater**, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Steakeater**

Steakeater** Banned Banned

Anybody who has natural flat feet, bird feet, should know that training standup and being in the balls of your feet hours a day can make it very sore on the bottom. Do you guys do anything to alliviate the soreness?

2. Wandalizer***

Wandalizer*** Banned Banned

edit, nvm

3. Nerfherder

Nerfherder Purple Belt

Lots of lubrication?

4. Clint07

Clint07 You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature?

Strengthen the front shin muscles...put a weight on your foot and pick it up by levering your foot up or use a strength band of some sort to do the same thing (basically the opposite of a calf raise)...that's what helped me the most. That and ice.

5. Human Bass

Human Bass Red Belt

This may sound crazy...but try to run barefoot a bit. There are cases of people that were able to develop their arches after stimulating their feet properly.

6. ECS123

ECS123 Purple Belt

Invest in good quality running shoes, and try on numerous pairs from a professional running shop, before you decide, and choose by fit and feel, not color or design, and run on softer surfaces, ie. a running track as opposed to concrete or the street.

Don't skip rope on concrete or hard surfaces in bare feet. Those two things made a world of difference for me, and my feet are very flat.

:icon_chee

7. lparnes

lparnes White Belt

i was born with bilateral clubed feets (from my dad) then i had a major sergery, my whole legs where in casts for my first 2 and a half years and after when they saw my feet i had bilateral flat feet (from my mom). i have to do daily exercises to keep my feet strong and so that i can use them and they dont cave in. you can walk on the balls of your feet, then stand on your heels. then switch up on the balls of your feet for a bout a minute each lef, until you cant stand. i collapse and cant move at all at the end. i can do it about 7 times each foot, so 7 minutes. also line hopping on the balls of your feet after about 2 minutes your feet will kill, at the begining dont think thats only carteo im not doing that it really works.

8. crossFTW

crossFTW Orange Belt

Not crazy at all, I have flat feet and it tought me to form the arches

Read all 6 articles of this, its not bullshit
    Engage Gluteus maximus!