For everyone counting out Poirier...

Hooker has an iron chin and twice the heart of McGregor.

Think about that: Gaethje, Hooker, prime Holloway etc. etc. etc. Conor hasn't fought any of them. It's easy to dismiss and downplay someone like Hooker when your hero basically never fought against any contender at LW (apart from Eddie and Khabib).

530736-18696449.png
Lol @ Conor making third round

Think about that: Gaethje, Hooker, prime Holloway etc. etc. etc. Conor hasn't fought any of them. It's easy to dismiss and downplay someone like Hooker when your hero basically never fought against any contender at LW (apart from Eddie and Khabib).
i think conor would have a hard night vs hooker people are to quick to think conor kos him easy

Counting on your opponent to gas out isn't a good game plan at the highest level , hope he's got something better planned im sure Mike brown has a game plan for him
Agree, but when your skillset and style matches up so poorly against a guy who's known to fade in the later rounds, that's pretty much the avenue that makes the most sense to take.

But as much as Mike Brown must have come up with somewhat of a gameplan, Conor's team must have focused on conditioning tremendously.

One thing that seems to work pretty well for Dustin in his first fight against Conor was the leg kicks. It does put him in danger of being countered but if he uses movement intelligently and circles away aplenty, I think he can find some success with those, and maybe impede Conor's movement meanwhile.

But Conor's kicks are better than Dustin's, and they were a great distraction in the first fight, which led Dustin to try to close the distance and engage in punching exchanges, which is exactly what Conor was looking for as a counter puncher.

I believe the outcome of this fight will be almost identical, unfortunately.

yeah it's almost as stupid as counting on knocking out your opponent in the first round. if it goes beyond round 2 Conor is likely F'd
Where'd all this shit about conor's gastank come from? He's gassed twice, against Diaz and Khabib. Newsflash, damn near everybody gasses against them, they're two of the highest pace fighters ever.

You fooking should be because Conor is getting a KO inside the first two rounds!

This respectable humble Conor is much more terrifying than the crazy old Conor. Khabeeb knows he's fooked as well.
The only one fooked is you....humble or crazy does increase or decrease your skill. Conor might very well win, but Poirier is not the same guy as he was 6 years ago and he got past several HOF fighters in the last 4 years, going 11-2 since facing Conor. Conor is 3-2 in the last 4 years....pretty pedestrian......I'll not be shocked if he was the one knocking out McTavish or whatever his name is.

Where'd all this shit about conor's gastank come from? He's gassed twice, against Diaz and Khabib. Newsflash, damn near everybody gasses against them, they're two of the highest pace fighters ever.

That's pretty much the same logic as when Fanboys say he's never lost a rematch. He's had one.

The fights you mentioned that gassed him are literally the only two fights that have ever gone past the third round, and one in the 2nd! In fact the only other fight that has ever gone past the second for McGregor is baby Holloway, a fight that saw McGregor going for TD's. I mean it's to his credit that they don't usually go past the second but the fact is that he gassed every time he couldn't finish early.

Hell for what it's worth you can add the Mayweather fight in on that as well

Last edited:
Back