For everyone counting out Poirier...

LoveHateLove

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
You fooking should be because Conor is getting a KO inside the first two rounds!

This respectable humble Conor is much more terrifying than the crazy old Conor. Khabeeb knows he's fooked as well.

530736-18696449.png

If Dustin's plan really is to trade and bang, it's beyond dumb. I like Poirier a lot, but MTB and his corner can't be this idiotic. I hope it's all just misdirection. It probably won't matter but Dustin needs to be smarter than this. I just hope for a good fight.

Counting on your opponent to gas out isn't a good game plan at the highest level , hope he's got something better planned im sure Mike brown has a game plan for him

Reactions: MCS
If Dustin's plan really is to trade and bang, it's beyond dumb. I like Poirier a lot, but MTB and his corner can't be this idiotic. I hope it's all just misdirection. It probably won't matter but Dustin needs to be smarter than this. I just hope for a good fight.
It's how Dustin fights. It's how he fights in all his fights. Not everyone can grapple like Khabib so even if Dustin wanted to employ a grappling heavy game plan it won't have the same results and people underestimate Conor's defensive grappling. His defensive grappling is better than most fighters offensive grappling when he is fresh.

It's how Dustin fights. It's how he fights in all his fights. Not everyone can grapple like Khabib so even if Dustin wanted to employ a grappling heavy game plan it won't have the same results and people underestimate Conor's defensive grappling. His defensive grappling is better than most fighters offensive grappling when he is fresh.

There's more to it than that. He's capable of more. This is the biggest fight of his life, he needs to have a plan B.

Dustin is a lot like Max and Tony; a very good fighter but he takes so much punishment. Eventually it will be his career downfall. Conor likely stops him tonight, but I think it will be interesting for a round.

Dustin is a lot like Max and Tony; a very good fighter but he takes so much punishment. Eventually it will be his career downfall. Conor likely stops him tonight, but I think it will be interesting for a round.
Huge fan of Dustin and if he loses especially by ko I really hope he retires. I hope he makes a massive payday and spends the rest of his time doing his charity work and helping others.

There's more to it than that. He's capable of more. This is the biggest fight of his life, he needs to have a plan B.
True, but most fighters don't have a plan B. We'll see tonight if Dustin has a plan B. I still think Conor's defensive grappling will be better than Dustin's offensive grappling in the earlier rounds.

Counting on your opponent to gas out isn't a good game plan at the highest level , hope he's got something better planned im sure Mike brown has a game plan for him

yeah it's almost as stupid as counting on knocking out your opponent in the first round. if it goes beyond round 2 Conor is likely F'd

Last edited:
You fooking should be because Conor is getting a KO inside the first two rounds!

This respectable humble Conor is much more terrifying than the crazy old Conor. Khabeeb knows he's fooked as well.
That old version of Conor is what got him all the success in the world and he got his ass kicked by an emotional Khabib fair and square. Changing your personality does not offset your past you dolt. Nor does it mean Khabib is fukked. Khabib has nothing to prove and Conor hasn’t earned a rematch. Conor fans are the most immature twats on the planet followed closely by Khabib fans.

True, but most fighters don't have a plan B. We'll see tonight if Dustin has a plan B. I still think Conor's defensive grappling will be better than Dustin's offensive grappling in the earlier rounds.

That may be true, but I do think it'll be enough to at least make Conor work more. When Conor tires, his skill set diminishes significantly and Poirier has a much better tank. He's just to get wear on Conor, which is no easy feat.

Back