For ESPN+ subscribers

Could be, but I never have trouble with anything else. ESPN+ also gets very finicky when I alt tab into other programs while I'm watching.

ESPN+ is better than Fightpass from an overall sporting perspective, but it is worse than Fightpass from a strictly MMA perspective int hat you don't get the library.
Do you have enough RAM? Maybe ESPN is a resource hog.

The video is pretty high res and stable for me and when I watch, I get on during the prelims and don't mess with it until the end. I had bad experiences from DAZN and don't dare get cutesy and pause or rewind, etc. or close and get back in later. Even trying to jump back 15 sec or whatever might get it to freeze (don't remember which app it was).

When iPod Touch 6 has ESPN+ video stream and computer has Sherdog with some GIF heavy thread, the ESPN+ video will briefly get blurry. This makes me think it's internet bandwidth problem and I have the second cheapest internet speed.

The video is pretty high res and stable for me and when I watch, I get on during the prelims and don't mess with it until the end. I had bad experiences from DAZN and don't dare get cutesy and pause or rewind, etc. or close and get back in later. Even trying to jump back 15 sec or whatever might get it to freeze (don't remember which app it was).

When iPod Touch 6 has ESPN+ video stream and computer has Sherdog with some GIF heavy thread, the ESPN+ video will briefly get blurry. This makes me think it's internet bandwidth problem and I have the second cheapest internet speed.
I have a shit ton of RAM. I'm usually running a couple videos, etc at the same time and the one that always has problems is espn+.

I'm not trying to rip on the service, I actually like it. But I've had at least a little trouble with the stream on every card so far.

I have a shit ton of RAM. I'm usually running a couple videos, etc at the same time and the one that always has problems is espn+.

I'm not trying to rip on the service, I actually like it. But I've had at least a little trouble with the stream on every card so far.
Multiple videos simultaneously? How's DAZN in your opinion? That one's the shittiest I paid for.

I've subscribed twice and cancelled twice. I can stream virtually anything else but for some reason this won't stream more than 2min. on my computer.
Computer??? You can't watch this on your TV?? get a streaming device. They only cost like 25 bucks.

I watch ESPN+ on a POS first gen fire tv box, without any issue. I don't think it's a resource problem unless the fire tv app is that much more optimized. It is likely bandwidth.

Computer??? You can't watch this on your TV?? get a streaming device. They only cost like 25 bucks.
Can't computer output to TV via HDMI cable?

I've subscribed twice and cancelled twice.

ESPN+ is better than Fightpass from an overall sporting perspective, but it is worse than Fightpass from a strictly MMA perspective int hat you don't get the library.
For me, I subscribed to Fightpass twice and cancelled twice. The fight library never really came into play, my computer just descended into a hell-spiral of unending, sketchy pop-ups and banners that left me feeling like I just opened my front door to low-level Armenian mobsters. There isn't as much on ESPN+, but I'm confident that I'm getting a legitimate service, provided by professionals.

Can't computer output to TV via HDMI cable?

I used to do this all the time before I got a Roku, but now the PC just shuts off whenever the cable connects the two devices. Any ideas IT sherbros?

I know. I'm not talking on my behalf( except for the knowing where to go - just being lazy but hey- I am.).
UFC demographic is pretty broad - people over the age of 47 dont want to hear about having to watch anything that they cant just see on there t.v. I try to extend the easy /simple advice as you stated and they think I'm talking Greek or somehow they're going to get some undetermined $$ out of their account each month.

47? Kind of a random age don't you think. I'm 61 and have probably been streaming content longer than a lot of people on this site have been alive. Not all older people are computer morons. Sure there are things I don't know but how hard is it to click on a site, pay and stream. The problem is on their end, not mine.

47? Kind of a random age don't you think. I'm 61 and have probably been streaming content longer than a lot of people on this site have been alive. Not all older people are computer morons. Sure there are things I don't know but how hard is it to click on a site, pay and stream. The problem is on their end, not mine.
That's awesome that you're 61 and you're computer savvy to whatever degree but you're more of an exception to the rule ( I'm not calling older people moronic - they're just used to the basic use or none at all...... and dont care. My use of the number 47 was purely innocuous and of a random nature.

* hell- I just turned 40 and I wish I was more " net savvy with all these things"with the computers then I am.

Lol- mom is 69 and still gets frustrated " texting on a phone". Its just one of those things so , again, I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Last edited:
I feel like most of you noobs don’t know how to use a computer. It’s the golden age of internet’s and lax regulation! Why pay another shit service when the interweb is so abundant?! Take it! It’s yours!!!
<seedat>
<5>

Half the people I talk to are so frustrated cause their carrier doesnt carry espn + so they have to go through other avenues to watch( which isnt rhat big a deal for some but for others it is. It shouldn't be " a situation " to begin with. I actually miss Fox- fox 2 carried UFC library type stuff everyday... if not fox 1. It was just one of 2 channels I needed to go to see everything ....including post shows ppv or fox and re ran them a half dozen times) .

I now have to weed out espn +, espn news , espn 2 ,3, 4, 88 or espn whatever to catch a half hour of a countdown show or whatever.

Fox was/is huge in it's own right ( I mean I understand the business of an ESPN ..but still) UFC had a hand in making FOX sports huge.Im being selfish(but it's not like FOX was fuel tv) but I wish UFC continued with Fox.

OH well - $$$$ talks.It is what it is.
That’s because ESPN+ is not broadcast through a carrier. It is a subscription service like Netflix and fight pass.

People have an infinite resource of knowledge at their disposal using the internet. It seems a lot are just too dumb to know how to use it.

That’s because ESPN+ is not broadcast through a carrier. It is a subscription service like Netflix and fight pass.

People have an infinite resource of knowledge at their disposal using the internet. It seems a lot are just too dumb to know how to use it.
Jesus Christ- read my other posts in thread.
This place just continues to amaze me.
People are short minded and just step back and think after they read( I've been guilty of it myself but I learned after one time- now I know better)

Last edited:
Btw, I'm not calling you old - either. You're 61 years young and it's just a number. Also, to further my point and we'll use you as an example - If you approach the AVERAGE 61 year old and use the term " smart device", they"ll look at you like you're an alien.

Lol- ok, I'm content with everything now.

I just re-read your post. I'm sorry , I thought you were calling me dumb.I scrolled thru so quick- didnt realize.

See - I'm guilty of my own negligence.

I just re-read your post. I'm sorry , I thought you were calling me dumb.I scrolled thru so quick- didnt realize.

See - I'm guilty of my own negligence.
Yeah. Not you directly. But UFC has been on ESPN+ A few months now and still people come on here trying to ask how to get it, what channel it is, how to order PPV.

It’s not complicated and espn and ufc have put out baby step directions on how to watch.

Not sure how many others agree, but I feel PFL over-performed last year. The tournament garnered a lot of high level competition, had a great narrative, and was very exciting. I really look forward to upcoming PFL cards.

I used to do this all the time before I got a Roku, but now the PC just shuts off whenever the cable connects the two devices. Any ideas IT sherbros?
Did you go to display properties and tell the computer to use the TV as overflow second monitor or mirror monitor?

I'm using TV as main monitor on laptop and I set TV as primary monitor wanting the laptop screen off to save power and I must keep the laptop partially open at a certain amount or laptop will go to sleep mode and I have to press the power button to wake it up.

In addition, when you have both Roku and computer connected to TV, when you want the TV to show the computer, did you switch the TV's input source to the HDMI connected to the computer? The TV sometimes doesn't automatically switch to the input source that's sending stuff to it.

Oh, good. Another fighting series I won't be able to follow. ESPN+, the service that won't work right.

you must have some shit dialup internet or something because ESPN+ works amazingly well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back