For all those who have bad things to say about Renzo Gracie

Gambledub

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M50J06F_21U

[YT]M50J06F_21U[/YT]

Cliff notes: A guy literally about to commit suicide, messages Renzo on Twitter who responds to this guy and asks for his phone number. Renzo calls this guy on the west coast of the states from Abu Dhabi straight away, has a talk with him, tells him he is a part of the gracie family and convinces him not to do it. After the guy gets out of the mental institution where he goes to get help, Renzo sends him a cheque to get an apartment and pays for him to train BJJ.

If its true, this is a pretty cool story.

Edit: here is his fundraiser page that has a shorter (5 min) sum up vid
https://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/fundraiser-for-the-gracie-ninja

Michael Jackson donated millions of dollars to charity, but that doesn't make him less of a child molester.

Great story. I don't think people are suggesting Renzo is a bad guy. Maybe just a good guy with a bit of mean streak that isn't always "good sports worthy", but the guy grew up a fighter, not a sport tournament guy.

I've read some dumb post on here, and this one is right up there........
why is it dumb? Should we hold a double standard on a celebrity because he's your hero? You sound like a mother who makes up excuses for her son after he murdered 10 people.

"He good boy"

A cop friend of mine was a decorated cop. He even received a medal for heroism. He got terminated last year for throwing a couple extra punches on a lowlife elderly abuser. I think the department did the right thing by terminated him.

Michael Jackson donated millions of dollars to charity, but that doesn't make him less of a child molester.

Good point, but to me reaching out to a suicidal person outweighs beating up a bouncer, where as being a child molester outweighs donating to charity.

Renzo is not child molester. MJ does his shit in secret and acts like he's a good person in the public eye.

At least we all know Renzo is consistent in his bad-assery.

why is it dumb? Should we hold a double standard on a celebrity because he's your hero? You sound like a mother who makes up excuses for her son after he murdered 10 people.

"He good boy"

A cop friend of mine was a decorated cop. He even received a medal for heroism. He got terminated last year for throwing a couple extra punches on a lowlife elderly abuser. I think the department did the right thing by terminated him.
Didn't that kid who was accusing MJ admit that he was lying and did it because his parents made him.

Didn't that kid who was accusing MJ admit that he was lying and did it because his parents made him.

Im not familiar with the cases, but I know at least one was settled out of court, which isn't the best look.

"He good boy"

Does that mean you guys are allowed to get away with a 1 or 2 punches legally?

"He good boy"

You couldn't come up with a better analogy than likening him with a child molester? And no, I'm no hero worshipping, fan boy.

my analogy just went right over your head, huh?

whatever good deed you did in the past is irrevelant to your current criminal behavior.

is that better?

No your analogy hit home, I'm just a little discussed it was a child molester you used to get your point across about Renzo.

How hard is it for people to understand that humans are complex?

You can do good and bad things and it's nothing more than propaganda to paint someone as entirely one or the other in the absence of evidence thereto.

Gandhi had a scummy side, just the same as Hitler had a good side.

These days getting into a fight is like the worst thing in the world and the guy is a pariah.

They are amazed that a fighter got into a fight.

As far as I'm concerned if a man has never fought, I look down on him a little.

"He good boy"

that last bit goes in the opposite direction along the spectrum, but I agree with your other points.

Good point, but to me reaching out to a suicidal person outweighs beating up a bouncer, where as being a child molester outweighs donating to charity.

That is a good point, but we still don't have enough info to say it was just beating up a bouncer, nor can we assume who was in the wrong at that time.

"He good boy"

It isn't so much a dumb comment as it is irrelevant. No rational person is suggesting that in this case, a good deed from Renzo erases a bad deed. A lot of people attacked Renzo's character based on the NYC altercation and painted him in an unfavorable light. This story supports the idea that overall, he is a stand up guy that acted poorly, rather than a violent bully that is sometimes nice.

Rather than telling people what or who they sound like, you should just chill on posting some of the time. You're often overly abrasive in posts that go over your head.

That is a good point, but we still don't have enough info to say it was just beating up a bouncer, nor can we assume who was in the wrong at that time.

Agreed, however the common public perception is Renzo assualted the bouncer and was in the wrong, not that I believe thats the case I will wait for the facts before judging the situation. However technically MJ was never convicted of child molestation but no one has jumped to his defence, just saying.

Back