For all of you criticizing Yair...

Yair did what he had to do... He lived up to the expectation, how many bouts we've seen announced that sound like fireworks and get us all excited and end up being lacluster?

Remember
Diaz vs Condit?
Lesnar vs Hunt?
Mir vs Crocop?
Machida vs Henderson?

They all sound exciting, but we all know how they went...

He was matched against Brice Leeroy, to have an exciting fight, and he delivered, crowd went crazy during all 25 minutes of the fight, yet you complain

Full disclosure I'm mexican

Er, were many people really excited for Cro Cop vs Mir? Outside of hard core Cro Cop fans who were in denial, the only chance of that fight being exciting was Mir getting the fight to the ground.

This isn't the time to either overhype nor discredit Yair. Dude is 23 years old and just getting started. Him winning a somewhat close fight against a mid tier doesn't mean much at this point as he has room for improvement. Even Machida split decisioned low tier fighter early in his career. Anderson Silva was getting destroyed by cans.

We'll know how good he is when he fights top fighters. For now he's a good prospect. Nothing more nothing less.
This

It's just really hard to please the white hype connor/brock fans.

It was a fun fight. Nothing more, nothing less. It wasn't the best fight we've seen, but it was certainly fun. For a Fight Night card, that's good enough.

There will always be people who complain. There's no point in complaining about the complainers.

Sherdog on current fighters: "every fighter is the same. A wrestler with good boxing. There isn't anymore unique fighters that throw caution to the wind anymore! MMA and UFC suck now!"

Yair, a fighter with a unique style emerges.

Sherdog: "He just throws spinning shit. Where's his boxing? So weak. He's terrible and boring."

This forum is full of cry babies, cry babies that are attached to DHC's nutsack like flies on shit.

There's certainly a cry baby in this thread. I'll let you figure out who that is.....

It was weird when he just kept spamming spinning shit. It was weirder when Caceres kept getting hit my em. I don't mind that he fought like that considering he probably fought like that cuz his opponent was Alex Caceres, a dude who probably isn't going to knock you out standing and probably won't be looking for the takedown. But just cuz you throw spinning shit every 10 seconds doesn't make the fight exciting. I was entertained enough by the fight but it wasn't my FoTN of that event. I personally preferred Santiago/Cummings and Swanson/Kawajiri more.

I thought it was decent. Didn't think it was boring but I'm a yair fan and was rooting for him so I was interested (also mexican). Also, remember this fight was at altitude. It really could've been a lot worse.

I'll say, I think he needs to improve on his just straight technical boxing. If I had any say, I'd say do some straight boxing training while being pressured backwards to get him comfortable in the pocket, but not completely change what he does. He does what he does pretty well but i think if caceras would've pressured more and just boxed on the inside, he probably would've won. But, what the fuck do I know, I'm just a nobody.

Yair did what he had to do... He lived up to the expectation, how many bouts we've seen announced that sound like fireworks and get us all excited and end up being lacluster?

Remember
Diaz vs Condit?
Lesnar vs Hunt?
Mir vs Crocop?
Machida vs Henderson?

They all sound exciting, but we all know how they went...

He was matched against Brice Leeroy, to have an exciting fight, and he delivered, crowd went crazy during all 25 minutes of the fight, yet you complain

Full disclosure I'm mexican
crowd loved the fight and the dude has some very unusual techniques

Are people actually complaining about that fight? I thought it was pretty decent.

Nothing wrong with his performance in context. He's a young fighter still learning. If he was a UFC champ gassing out like that then it would be different. People rush prospects around here and expect them to immediately live up to their outlandish ideas of a fighter.

Yair will learn from that fight.

I'm move convinced than ever that he's an incredible talent who will go on to have an amazing career.

Er, were many people really excited for Cro Cop vs Mir? Outside of hard core Cro Cop fans who were in denial, the only chance of that fight being exciting was Mir getting the fight to the ground.
I'm a fan of both, maybe that's why I got really pumped about it...

yair is fucking nasty. He has that follow up cross-hook after he throws those wild head kicks. If he lands that kind of stuff it will be fucking sick and he will start to land them as he gets better. People arent giving bruce leroy any credit hes a really good fighter.

YaiRod and Leeroy we're fun to watch, and throwing spinning shit for 5 rounds at that pace was impressive for me. like people said, he needs more work, they both do, and i like to think he can polish up his skill with more time and training. sherdog just likes to build and destroy hype trains any chance they get.

I think you're missing the point here he looked meh against a maybe mid-tier opponent. To add to that Caceras didn't even follow a reasonable gameplan his gameplan was just dumb. I think people are thinking Yair might not be as good as they initially thought. He has talent no doubt but what's his ceiling is what people are thinking.
Styles makes fight.

Caceres may not be top tier but he is great at fighting at distance. Yair will be knocking fools out in no time.

Styles makes fight.

Caceres may not be top tier but he is great at fighting at distance. Yair will be knocking fools out in no time.
In 10 total fights Yair only has 2 finishes by (t)ko. He isn't a power puncher or kicker. His 2nd (t)ko against Fili was because Fili got poked in the eye before the kick. I don't see him ever knocking guys out.

Back