For all of those UFC shills bashing Bellator.. I present to you three simple images

both tony and lesnar had backgrounds on combat sports unlike dafa 5000 and nobody gives a shit about cm punk
Thread. A former world champion boxer and a former wrestler who became the UFC champion. Great comparison buddy.....

I don't know how anyone could defend the Kimbo/Dada fight compared to ANY fight in the UFC. I want Bellator to succeed in the worst way, but that fight, and even the Royce/Ken fight do a huge disservice to the sport. Having rival orgs. is awesome, it equals more fights, more fighters, and more options for fighter. But having two morons from the ghetto is NOT MMA.

It also can (not really with Bellator. More with SF and Pride) equal watered down MMA and less top fighters facing each other. I for one never want to not be able to see the #1 not be able to fight the #2

Kimbo/Dada and Ken/Royce were just fun fights.

UFC is far gone from being a serious sport. Conor has brought forth this "money fight" era which makes UFC as much as a joke as the Bellator "freak show".

Champions literally say they don't want to fight the #1 contender because it's not "the money fight".

Luke didn't want to fight Romero because Romero "isn't a big sell".
Cruz doesn't want to rematch Dillashaw because "he doesn't talk".

Contenders in two divisions are sidelined in favor of one fighter who just so happens to be the "money fight". And then we have the abuse of the immediate rematch. A champion and the rest of the division are held up for over a year while one guy constantly gets thrown at the belt because he lost too quickly or it was a close fight. Literally any reason to give an immediate rematch is good enough, so long as it's "the money fight".

You can laugh at Bellator all you want, but UFC isn't far off. It's chaos in the UFC right now in favor of short term successes and trends.

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif
I refreshed the page trying to make the two sync up. Couldn't do it.

Although it was controversial indeed, at least James Toney was a professional boxer. Brock was a pretty good wrestler with a solid record. CM Punk is a joke and I think we all agree on that.

Bellator still sucks most of the time.

So someone is a UFC shill for bashing Bellator for putting on the 2 most embarrasing fights in MMA history, but you're not an anti-UFC shill for bashing the UFC for doing the same thing? For the record, Brock was legit. I'm not gonna necessarily argue that giving Toney a fight was a good move, but it's not like the UFC built their business model on that type of fight and Toney is a legit Boxing legend. As for CM Punk, I'm not gonna defend that, it's a shameful move from the UFC. The point here is, Bellator is building itself as a circus show putting on these fights and building their business with them. Calling out people for telling it how it is doesn't change that, neither does the fact that the UFC occasionally whores itself out for ratings.

Just because the UFC and Pride and other organizations have done stupid shit doesn't make Bellator's fights any less ridiculous. But I get why they're doing it. Bring people in for the freakshow and hope they become fans of the other solid fighters on the card. They just happened to have 2 super freakshows in one night

Punk is the only WTF.....

...and even if he is outclassed, subbed or KTFO in less than a minute...its better than TKO(Exhaustion), followed by stretcher.

Comparing two champions of legit combat sports to Dada just shows your ignorance.

Or maybe you're the shill?

Brock > Kimbo > Toney > Dada5000 > Royce > Shamrock > Punk

If they all fought each other that is how i'd see it playing out.

Kimbo/Dada and Ken/Royce were just fun fights.

UFC is far gone from being a serious sport. Conor has brought forth this "money fight" era which makes UFC as much as a joke as the Bellator "freak show".

Champions literally say they don't want to fight the #1 contender because it's not "the money fight".

Luke didn't want to fight Romero because Romero "isn't a big sell".
Cruz doesn't want to rematch Dillashaw because "he doesn't talk".

Contenders in two divisions are sidelined in favor of one fighter who just so happens to be the "money fight". And then we have the abuse of the immediate rematch. A champion and the rest of the division are held up for over a year while one guy constantly gets thrown at the belt because he lost too quickly or it was a close fight. Literally any reason to give an immediate rematch is good enough, so long as it's "the money fight".

You can laugh at Bellator all you want, but UFC isn't far off. It's chaos in the UFC right now in favor of short term successes and trends.

Shhhh, you are making way too much sense for sherdog! Lol. No serious though, notice how nobody "liked" or quoted your reply? It is because what you say is not biased, not one sided, has an open-minded viewpoint, is simple reality to the situation and regardless of self opinion, what you said is truth. Thank you for speaking common sense. But this site is made up of people who think a join date shows some sort of depth of ones MMA history, a site made up of casuals trying to impress one another by acting like a keyboard trainer.

Last edited:
I will say the same thing I said in the last person who made this exact same thread.

Please give examples, including names, of these "UFC shills".

As you are making theeads about them they must exist. Please identify some.

Until then I will assume TS and the others insinuating similar nonsense are just butthurt Zuffa haters who can't deal with people calling Bellator's shitty freakshow event a shitty freakshow event.

both tony and lesnar had backgrounds on combat sports unlike dafa 5000 and nobody gives a shit about cm punk

This. James Toney was also never supposed to be more than a one shot deal. It was a quick payday, and just so he could say he competed in mma.

Lesnar actually turned out to be a legit mma fighter. He didn't react well to getting hit, but that doesn't mean he didn't have skills.

There is an obvious flaw in this logic that makes this thread (and the other theeads which were the same thread) wasteland material.

The vast majority of posters also thought Toney vs Randy was a freakshow, no one thinks CM Punk belongs in the UFC, presuming otherwise is effective evidence that you are Retarded.

Why are people complaining about something that they are IMAGINING that other people think?

And again, please produce evidence of these supposed "UFC shills" ... Let's see some names of posters who have a Post history that would back up a claim that they are a "shill".

For all those repeating what was said in various other threads already and felt they wanted to be like Kenny, I present 1 image!

giphy.gif

even thought he doesn't make it, that shit's amazing. y'know, for a turtle.

this thread WAS worth entering after all!!!

There is an obvious flaw in this logic that makes this thread (and the other theeads which were the same thread) wasteland material.

The vast majority of posters also thought Toney vs Randy was a freakshow, no one thinks CM Punk belongs in the UFC, presuming otherwise is effective evidence that you are Retarded.

Why are people complaining about something that they are IMAGINING that other people think?

And again, please produce evidence of these supposed "UFC shills" ... Let's see some names of posters who have a Post history that would back up a claim that they are a "shill".

You ask about people imagining, yet you did just that in your reply.. Assumptions in your reply, are put forth by your imagination. Asking another to produce evidence, etc.. In regards to posters and their comments, etc.. Really kiddo? You seem to have too much time on your hands if you think another is that bored or even needs to prove you wrong, to prove his own opinion. Sherdog has become "attack of the casuals".

NEWS FLASH

---- > YOU ARE ONE OF THEM <----

You are the biggest shill on these boards!

I honestly thought you were Jon Anik at first

2 horrible examples, one good example.

There's absolutely no defending Bellator's incredibly idiotic idea of putting Dada/Kimbo together. You put a freakshow fight on, and it nearly resulted in the death of a man that should not have been licensed. End of story.
It was bad to headline with it, but your licensing argument is junk. Both guys had pro fight experience before and it was a relatively even match.

Back