Foot still sore after a month

All Might

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So a month ago I was going full contact with my training partner in the ring and threw a round house kick. The top of my foot connected against her hip bone I believe and ever since it has hurt, but compared to when it first happened it doesn't hurt nearly as bad, but the day after the injury is when I felt the most pain so I asked a few people if I could have even the slightest fracture. Everyone kept saying no because I would've been in a lot more pain and wouldn't even be able to move my foot, which at the time I could barely twist it.

So my question is if my foot is really just bruised to the max, around how long does it normally take to heal because my foot isn't swollen and no bruising on the outside?

As long as it takes?

I once kicked my training partners elbow and fractured my metatarsals, which bruised and was painful to walk on for a few months, perhaps you've done the same? but you wouldn't know unless you got it x-rayed and they wouldn't do anything with you now, anyways.

After training try icing your foot.. that might help.

It may or may not be a fracture but bone bruises also suck. Again only an xray etc will tell you. If you can modify your training and sparring to reduce the stress on it. Less kicks, more punches etc.

I have been taking it as easy as possible by not doing stuff that makes the pain worse and I would like to add I can still jump rope, run, and do side kicks with my foot, but when I try to do fronts snap kicks with/without hitting anything it hurts or round houses even when barely tapping the shield it hurts a lot. I currently also don't have health insurance so I'm unable to get an xray without paying a hefty fee.

Thanks for the help so far :)

FWIW my ankle has been sore for the last 6 or so weeks and it's only just starting to come good. I think so long as the pain is for the most part more dull than sharp, it's just a matter of waiting it out.

How easy should I take it if it is a stress fracture?

For example, should I stop jump roping since I'll be jumping on my foot even though it doesn't hurt?

Obvious troll is obvious.. Either that or TS is a dumb pre teen and lacks common sense.

How easy should I take it if it is a stress fracture?

For example, should I stop jump roping since I'll be jumping on my foot even though it doesn't hurt?
Do whatever you want til it starts hurting again then back off a bit. Rinse repeat.

Obvious troll is obvious.. Either that or TS is a dumb pre teen and lacks common sense.
Before this the worst injury I've ever had was a pulled hamstring that happened a couple weeks before this and I figured since it could be a stress fracture jump roping on it could possibly make it worse similar to what I went through with my pulled hamstring were some days I could do certain things and it'll be fine then others attempting the same stuff would make it hurt but I've been jump roping on it since a week after suffer the injury with no pain so I figured I would ask for others opinions that have more knowledge on injuries than I do and it wasn't just directed solely at jump roping but was just an example since I do a lot of exercises that involve my hurt foot that doesn't make it hurt.

So yes in terms of knowledge about injuries I'm lacking since I rarely get hurt, but I've also only been training for seven months in boxing/kick boxing and jiu jitsu.

The title of this thread is ''foot still sore after a month'' but now you say you re jumping on it with no pain? What exactly are you asking

Back