Foot Pain / Plantar Fasciitis

danielsan4610

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A brief history. About 6 months ago I was using a leg press machine and stupidly (in hindsight) in between sets I decided to put my toes on the edge of the board and do calf raises on it as well with really heavy weight.

After a few weeks of doing this, I started noticing pain at the bottom of my feet. I figured it was just because they were sore from the stretching/exercise. Fast forward 6 months later and the bottom inside of my left foot, pretty much right in the middle still hurts. It feels like a burning/stabbing type of pain but only happens after I'm sitting awhile and stand up on it.

After doing some research it sounds like I may have plantar fasciitis. From what I've seen though most of the pain from PF comes from the ball of the foot. My pain is directly in the middle. Did I tear something? Is it just PF?

If it is PF, will it truly ever heal or am I screwed for life? After 6 months I figured it would get better but it hurts every day. Any ideas?

You need to see a sports medicine doctor who can appropriately diagnose your problem.

Foot injuries are difficult to heal, because you stand on your feet every day. The fact that it is still persisting after 6 months is irrelevant if you didn't do anything to fix the problem.

Go to the doc.

I had PF last year. It manifest itself pretty quickly and within a few weeks I couldn't put my full foot down (the heel was too painful to put down).
After about 3 months of barefoot walking and running/change of gait and a lot of rest and golf ball work, I was back to normal.
That said, I can STILL feel it's difference compared to the other foot.

But yeah, dr first as I knew what mine was (although self diagnosis like yourself, but mine tied in more with what was said) and didn't leave it as long as you.

TS, do you also run? PF is an overuse injury, and I'd be surprised if you'd gotten it from lifting, even over several weeks, but I could easily be wrong.

I had a mild case of it (which lasted several months), and I also felt it in the middle of my foot. For me, it was worst in the morning when I first got up. After I walked a little, my foot would stretch out and I'd feel okay. There are several over-the-counter treatment for PF, which basically consist of binding the foot so that your toes don't point down in your sleep. I'm sure you can youtube some exercises, stretches, and other treatment modalities as well if you can't afford to go to a doctor right away. I wouldn't ignore the problem, however.

I also think you should first of all get a professional diagnosis before you spend more time, money and effort. There are a few foot disorders that you can have although it sounds like plantar fasciitis.
I am dealing with plantar fasciitis for more than a year now and I understood that treatment efficiency is very individual. Sometimes something works for one and it does not work for the other. There are many treatment techniques that you can try.
I am also running and I have found taping very useful. Taping will keep your foot from getting injured again and will help you get through your daily routine. There are a few Taping techniques you can use.
I also found a very informative website with more good ideas in:
Plantar Fasciitis Elrofeet
Take care & Good luck

Back