Foot cramps/Toes curling

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by destrukt0, Jul 4, 2010.

1. destrukt0

destrukt0 White Belt

Hey guys, it's me again with another problem.

I use to have an issue with my right foot where when ever i went swimming it would cramp up and my toes would curl and I would have to physically straighten my toes to fix the cramp. It wouldn't be painful but it definitely was a feeling that left me shuddering. I thought the problem was due to an old injury I sustained skateboarding when I was a teenager where I tore most of the ligaments in my foot and shin, leaving my entire foot/shin black, purple, blue and green. I was told to use cruches but I never did, I ended up limping to school and around the house.

Anyways,I thought that problem was gone, but during training last week we were rolling around and my left foot did the same thing that my right foot use to do. I had to straighten my toes and again it left me shuddering so I know it wasn't do to past injuries.

Anyone else ever experience this? i've ied googling but nothing fit the description i'm explaining

2. SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit Banned Banned

I get those same cramps occasionally myself and have always had to straighten the leg and pull back on the toes as well.

Sorry but I haven't been able to find out why it happens or how to prevent it either.

3. rckvl

rckvl Blue Belt

Yes I get them, no I don't know why.

4. wildman1717

wildman1717 Green Belt

I get them too when my feet get cooled off.

5. CONQUERER23

CONQUERER23 Orange Belt

Don't take my word as biblical, but I get the same stuff especially when training hard. I noticed when I at least take in a banana or 2 a day, I won't get those cramps. Could have something to do with potassium.

6. el toro furioso

el toro furioso White Belt

Wow I thought i was the only one who got those annoying things i hate them. I always get them swimming and sometimes when i'm training but idk what causes it. I usually find a nice foot massage keeps them away for a while.

7. darkcitydeadman

darkcitydeadman Purple Belt

Don't lie.

[​IMG]