Food with the Highest Protein Content

mhalp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What food (per ounce) has the highest protein content.

I am looking for food not protein powders.

Thanks

TUNA is top notch for protein

i eat 1 can of tuna every day....atleast

not something everyone will do, but it helps me get my protein intake for the day without having to add a extra shake

brain if you can stomach it, or get it. it is almost 100% protien. next id go with tuna, lean turkey/chicken breast.

Chutebox, check a thread we had up a few days ago, apparently tuna isnt good to eat everyday. idunno, i eat it alot though.

Is it true your body may only digest around 35 grams/ hour? Making meals over 35g's of protein not worth it?

Why does no one every mention lobster?? From what I have seen it has more protien and less fat than just about any other seafood.

I know its expensive but It is good stuff.

u just answered ur own qustion, because it is expensive. no one here (atleast i dont think) is rich enough to eat lobster everyday

I thought tuna was bad for you everyday only if you're a pregnant woman or a small child.

Mythius said:
Is it true your body may only digest around 35 grams/ hour? Making meals over 35g's of protein not worth it?
Yes, I've read that as well.

I think the Tuna being bad for you comes from concerns about Mercury content, which would explain the concern for pregnant women and children. If you are worried about mercury content, just choose a type of fish that does not eat other fish and you will be fine.

Ayin said:
I think the Tuna being bad for you comes from concerns about Mercury content, which would explain the concern for pregnant women and children. If you are worried about mercury content, just choose a type of fish that does not eat other fish and you will be fine.

Wait, I thought there was a discussion on this, and as it turned out, the FDA does regulate Mercury.

egg.

all other protien is measured by the protein in eggs. It is the best source of protein hands down.

How much protein is in one full eg? in grams

If you are lifting to gain muscle, how much protein every day should you aim for? in grams

Mythius said:

no ! i believed that too, but here's what someone's reaction was in another topic:

First of all, however, something needs to be said regarding maximum protein assimilation theories. That being, there is no magic number of grams of protein that the body can handle in a given time frame. It is governed by a few factors, all of which are variable from person-to-person and time-to-time. Here are are some:

(1) Current levels of free amino acid pool population. The body carries a certain amount of amino acids in the bloodstream at any given moment. This is sometimes called a "nitrogen balance," although it could be argued that this is actually a misnomer. When the amino pool reaches undesirably low levels, it will have to pull amino acids from either stored body tissue or food. At times of low amino pool levels (e.g. post-workout, post-fasting), the body's ability to digest and assimilate a greater amount of protein is heightened.

(2) Available protease and pepsin play roles in how readily a protein can be uptaken into the body. Insufficient free enzyme levels will result in poor digestion. This is a minor limiting factor, however, unless a tremendous amount of easily digested protein is consumed in one sitting.

(3) The type of protein, contents of the stomach, and other things consumed along with the protein will all factor into how rapidly the protein is digested. A protein that populates the amino acid pool very rapidly (e.g. whey hydrolysate), taken on an empty stomach, with nothing else but high-gly carbs to facilitate an insulin response, will be best suited for rapid amino pool population applications. This would be basically PWO or upon waking in the morning. A slow-digesting protein (e.g. micellar casein), taken with lots of fat and fiber not too long after a prior meal would take a very long time to dump amino acids into the bloodstream. We could be talking about anywhere from 6-12 hours. It would clearly be conceivable that consuming 90g of protein in the first scenario would lead to much more amino "wasting" than the second.

the writer of this piece is Terumo

i make a protein smoothie that is tasty. 1 1/2 cups whey powder, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1 ounce vanilla extract & a banana. i drink one every night before bed for maximum absorbtion.

Back