Food that affects your stamina

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by nino, Dec 12, 2017.

1. nino

nino Yellow Belt

Which kind of food does effect your stamina?

2. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

3. Greeny500

Greeny500 White Belt

I don’t know about food that directly affects cardio but there are foods that are good to eat a couple hours before a workout for energy. That’s what calories are, energy. One of my favorite snacks is a peanut butter and banana sandwich a couple hours before a hard workout. Most carbs are good so fruit or bars shit like that to give you energy

4. KOskater

KOskater Brown Belt

Food affects your stamina

5. Bluesbreaker

Bluesbreaker Black Belt

Meat, dairy, eggs.

Which Doctor likes this.
  6. Mafanofe

Mafanofe Black Belt

2 years ago when i used to not eat any kind of candy and junkie food poor of nutritive value i could made my daily walking for 3 hour or more without gassing and run for almost 50 min in the same way

of course i used to do it everyday so my body adapted and gained capacity but i felt like a near to perfect diet influenced a lot on my performances

i am no doctor-nutritioninst to answer it but based on my experience it was a big factor

ctrlaltdelete likes this.
  7. Sanchoy

Sanchoy muay thai ownage

fruits+ especially bananas is good for you 2+ hrs. After you can eat avocado. Many Thai's I see drink milk after training also.

8. shincheckin

shincheckin Brown Belt

i know different foods effect people differently, meaning maybe bananas upset one persons stomach, where they are easy on the next guys. But i will second the banana. Its great before morning training, I usually have a banana and chug some water down and go train. The banana gives alot of energy and is light on the stomach.

9. nino

nino Yellow Belt

Thanks!

shincheckin likes this.
  10. Which Doctor

Which Doctor The HERB DEAN It Is What It Is Belt

When you wake up, lime juice w/ a little water to cut the sour. 10 minutes later, fresh young coconut water (if you're in Thailand or have them nearby). 30 minutes later rock a banana or 2. You should be good till late lunch (1 - 2 p.m.), and you'll be light and spright.

You can combine the coconut water and lime to save time, but it'll enhance the diuretic effects and you'll have to piss a couple more times that morning.