Food prices getting to outrageous levels

Ya. Only going to lead to more health deterioration as people will swoop towards cheap junk. Yes, liquor is cheap and also kills your health. 1+1.

l@nd0

The central bank prints huge amount of money.

The amount of goods and services doesn't rise as fast.

So, you have a lot more money. So, the value of money is declining.

So, you need more money to buy products and services.

That's why the prices are rising.

Reactions: Po
Its been this way for some time.

I dont know why,but I feel like the past 5 yrs its noticably higher
Alright you're fucking with me here now. I've lived in Norfolk, Fairfax and San Jose in the last 8 years so I'm not great on this. Have you lived the same place always?

Flip sake that came off like I was having a pop, @HHJ. Not the intention.

Alright you're fucking with me here now. I've lived in Norfolk, Fairfax and San Jose in the last 8 years so I'm not great on this. Have you lived the same place always?
NYC and yes

Never fancied venturing elsewhere? I ask because your postcount looks lie you're a tad bit chatty :D
Coffee and Work. Plus I been here a long time.

Yeah i have thought about goin elsewhere,but I got a good job now and am living in the area I wanted to live in. Got some other things going on here I dont want to give up...and my Parents are getting older...

Lots of reasons!

Coffee and Work. Plus I been here a long time.

Yeah i have thought about goin elsewhere,but I got a good job now and am living in the area I wanted to live in. Got some other things going on here I dont want to give up...and my Parents are getting older...

Lots of reasons!
Yeah, I get guilty about that and feel selfish. My mum hated me moving to Holland and really hated me moving to the US, my step-dad is hating it more since she's gone that I'm not in the UK. It's rough but husband is never moving back and as much as I would like to split time between countries it just isn't happening.

Yeah, I get guilty about that and feel selfish. My mum hated me moving to Holland and really hated me moving to the US, my step-dad is hating it more since she's gone that I'm not in the UK. It's rough but husband is never moving back and as much as I would like to split time between countries it just isn't happening.
I thought about moving to Montreal for awhile tho it would have really sucked to ride out the pandemic there,and i dont need my winters to be shittier than they already are.

Maybe costs more money to hire and train all the truck drivers, factory workers, etc. who replace those who died via COVID.

The TV, I think, said shipping containers are now costing triple what they used to cost. Sounds like price gouging. If there was such thing as the A-Team, A-Team would not allow that to continue. Or maybe Equalizer would do his thang.

This is happening in Europe as well.

It's not one cause either, it's a confluence of effects affecting our way of life.

Gas (not petrol, actual gas you fantastic weird Americans) has quadrupled in cost in the UK this year. America is protected some by its own supply but it's a global effect. In the UK we just have zero buffer.

Russia has not been increasing supply despite increased price. It's reminding Europe how important it is.

Over here we have the labour shortage from Brexit also which is fucking us royally.

The decomplexification event is beginning.

Last edited:
Back