Food poisoning

This one fateful day.....

Was so busy with work, I didn't eat all afternoon and evening. Went home late, fell asleep, didn't eat. In the morning, woke up late for an important meeting, didn't eat until about 2pm. Then, against all good judgement whatsoever, (I was in the mood for Chinese) I went to one of those $1 a scoop places, that you should never go to. I was so hungry I wanted to reach over the glass divider and scoop some food into my mouth.

I asked for a scoop of 3 different things, one being the beef and broccoli. I distinctly remember seeing the lady (as she scooped out the beef and broccoli) drag the large spoon up the side of the stainless pan, breaking off some of the old "crust" from the inside corner. My sensible side thought that was a no go, but my hunger said so what. A small "L" shaped ring of crusty old ass beef and broccoli went straight into my plate of food, covered partially by 2 other scoops of different food. I sat down, ate, and noticed somewhere during the meal that part of it was way to tangy...sour...or something.

That night was one of the worst ever. Pale, shivering, on the toilet, hours.

I was on a school camp in year 12, and we were on our way home and stopped in a town to get food. I went into some bakery owned by asians and bought a few meat pies, i eat them on the bus back and a few hours go by, we are about 15 minutes from school when i start to feel queasy.

The bus gets back to school and i feel sweaty, fevery, and am having cold chills, im meant to help unpack all the stuff but i said "fuck that" grabbed my bag and started the 25 minute walk home. I get about 5 minutes in when i realise my predicament, I call my dad to pick me up, but he was at work and couldnt make it.

I proceed to walk the next 20 minutes (which in turn ended up taking me 45 minutes) home whilst shitting my pants, and throwing up.

At numerous points during the voyage back i was reduced to crawling on the footpath as i couldnt walk, whilst simultaneously vomiting, and shitting myself, i was wearing shorts and there was liquid faeces running down my leg, that stained my skin brown like a bad fake tan. I wouldve asked for help but i didnt encounter any people walking my way.

Eventually i get home, crawl onto my front yard and lay there vomiting, shitting, and pissing myself until my mum got home around 9pm (i got home like 3ish), i didnt have the energy to rummage through my bad and find my keys, so i laid there for hours on end in the heat (did i mention it was ridiiculously hot?), eventually my mum got home, i dragged myself into the bathroom and spent the night there, i was delerious, mumbling and talking to myself, and having bizarre dreams and thoughts where i seemed to be caught in a loop where i thought i was on a ship. The next morning i felt a bit better.
God damn

Fair enough. The amount of processing of visual signaling they do with very limited nerve structures is interesting and I bet we have a lot more to learn from it.

Some people are naturally gassy without the excuse of food poisoning.

Had once, can agree it was shitty. Weighed myself on the bathroom scale, lost 11 pounds lmao.

I've never had a stomach issue. I actually ate a bunch of bread mold by mistake yesterday and was fine.

I got it once from taco bell, was in agony for 3-5 days, completely dehydrated, throat was raw from thowing up so much and would get chest pain from the violent dry heaves when there was nothing left to throw up.

I pretty much survived on chicken broth and pedialyte.

Food poisoning is real but I've read many people who think they have it instead have an infection.

My wife and I were going to a restaurant a few weeks ago and kept pulling over for firetrucks and eventually caught up with them at our restaurant, so we ate some place else and both felt sick the rest of the day. Suspect that was food poisoning, but not too bad.

Food poisoning is real but I've read many people who think they have it instead have an infection.

My wife and I were going to a restaurant a few weeks ago and kept pulling over for firetrucks and eventually caught up with them at our restaurant, so we ate some place else and both felt sick the rest of the day. Suspect that was food poisoning, but not too bad.

Yeah this one was a stomach bug. I ended up giving it to everyone i know.

E.coli from fucking supermarket salad. I welcomed death. I lost 15 pounds and my stomach was so fucked I couldn't walk for two weeks without screaming.

Oh yeah. Papa John's tried to murder me.

It was so bad that I was possibly hallucinating from the fever. Teh poops were so bad that it was eventually just Gatorade coming out. Went on for about two days of being bedridden. Also, food-poisoning sleep poops are a thing. Fortunately, it was just Gatorade.

The girl I was dating (whose bed I was in) was less than thrilled.

This one fateful day.....

Was so busy with work, I didn't eat all afternoon and evening. Went home late, fell asleep, didn't eat. In the morning, woke up late for an important meeting, didn't eat until about 2pm. Then, against all good judgement whatsoever, (I was in the mood for Chinese) I went to one of those $1 a scoop places, that you should never go to. I was so hungry I wanted to reach over the glass divider and scoop some food into my mouth.

I asked for a scoop of 3 different things, one being the beef and broccoli. I distinctly remember seeing the lady (as she scooped out the beef and broccoli) drag the large spoon up the side of the stainless pan, breaking off some of the old "crust" from the inside corner. My sensible side thought that was a no go, but my hunger said so what. A small "L" shaped ring of crusty old ass beef and broccoli went straight into my plate of food, covered partially by 2 other scoops of different food. I sat down, ate, and noticed somewhere during the meal that part of it was way to tangy...sour...or something.

That night was one of the worst ever. Pale, shivering, on the toilet, hours.

That's gross. Glad you survived.

probably bad guac

damn you avocados

I feel for you did. Sickest I've ever been. Ruined buffalo wings for me too. Took me a couple of days to recover and get properly rehydrated. Pound the pedialyte.

Back