Food poisoning

Why do so many americans have food poisoning?
Is your food safety that bad?

Never had it during my 27yrs

Damn, that sounds miserable.

I don't think I've ever had food poisoning, but I do think I ate a piece of bad chicken. I think that because just as I was finishing the last bite, my body said FUCK THAT and I threw it all up so fast I almost didn't make it to the toilet. It was the weirdest thing, I never felt queasy or anything. My body just said FUCK THAT PIECE OF CHICKEN.

Lol, most people have no idea what real food poisoning is.

Food poisoning usually takes at least 4 hours to begin showing symptoms. It can take as long as 24 hours. So people often incorrectly identify what gave it to them. The offending bacteria is usually in a small amount when it enters your system but starts to multiply once it reaches your stomach. It can take a while for there to be enough for your body to react to it.

Once you get the offending food out of your system, it will be over unless it's a longer lasting type like salmonella.
That's my point. It's never out of your system in a few hours.

Very few people actually have food poison when they say they do. It's almost always a virus, which is most likely the case here.

could be bad guac

at least that's been my experience
or undercooked seafood

You poor darling, I feel horrible for you. I've only had it once from the tiniest bit of squid. I knew it was dodgy as soon as it went down but thankfully
I managed a 4 hour journey home before it really got its hooks into me. I was taking a customer out for lunch so I didn't want to cause a scene but that's the worst seafood salad I've ever had.

Food poisoning usually takes at least 4 hours to begin showing symptoms. It can take as long as 24 hours. So people often incorrectly identify what gave it to them. The offending bacteria is usually in a small amount when it enters your system but starts to multiply once it reaches your stomach. It can take a while for there to be enough for your body to react to it.
Yep, I felt something wrong about an hour after I ate it and my colleague wanted me to pull over for him to drive home but I was okay for the rest of the journey. It was probably 7 or so hours before it took full effect. I think with fowl it's 24ish hours.

My bugger of a husband said it was all in my head when I was saying something's not right here, it's that fucking squid I ate. Then toilet and bucket went on all night.

Damn, that sounds miserable.

I don't think I've ever had food poisoning, but I do think I ate a piece of bad chicken. I think that because just as I was finishing the last bite, my body said FUCK THAT and I threw it all up so fast I almost didn't make it to the toilet. It was the weirdest thing, I never felt queasy or anything. My body just said FUCK THAT PIECE OF CHICKEN.

That happens every time I eat KFC.

That happens every time I eat KFC.
God, I could MURDER some UK KFC right now. I don't really go for food served in a polystyrene bucket but the UK KFC 'burger' style stuffs were fucking awesome. Zinger Towers ftw.

They tried to do the same thing in Amsterdam but completely lacked seasoning.

Nothing worse than pissing out your ass while puking in the tub/garbage can... food poisoning is a motherfucker, hope you got it all out of you and are feeling better

Had it bad 5 years ago. I ate oven cooked mini sausages in a blanket. Next day i went to work, immediately felt sick when i got there. Went to restroom and threw up. Told some coworkers i was leaving and got in my car and bounced home. Made it home fine enough, but over next 6 hours it was one of the worst pains ever. I was moaning like a bitch. Then when it started coming out, oh man it was both holes simultaneously. I know im about to make myself look real disgusting, but i was in so much pain i just filled my bathtub up with water and layed in there while i let it all come out. Yes i laid in puke/shit filled water although ti was mostly all liquids. Couldnt think of any better ideas that allowed me to go freely and not have to move too much. Once i was confident i was done. I took a shower cleaned myself thoroughly and cleaned the tub then went to sleep and by that evening i felt like a million bucks.

God, I could MURDER some UK KFC right now. I don't really go for food served in a polystyrene bucket but the UK KFC 'burger' style stuffs were fucking awesome. Zinger Towers ftw.

They tried to do the same thing in Amsterdam but completely lacked seasoning.

From what I understand the Netherlands aren't really big on chicken to begin with.

Had it bad 5 years ago. I ate oven cooked mini sausages in a blanket. Next day i went to work, immediately felt sick when i got there. Went to restroom and threw up. Told some coworkers i was leaving and got in my car and bounced home. Made it home fine enough, but over next 6 hours it was one of the worst pains ever. I was moaning like a bitch. Then when it started coming out, oh man it was both holes simultaneously. I know im about to make myself look real disgusting, but i was in so much pain i just filled my bathtub up with water and layed in there while i let it all come out. Yes i laid in puke/shit filled water although ti was mostly all liquids. Couldnt think of any better ideas that allowed me to go freely and not have to move too much. Once i was confident i was done. I took a shower cleaned myself thoroughly and cleaned the tub then went to sleep and by that evening i felt like a million bucks.
I hope to good grief I never have to do that. In fact no I won't let myself do that. I had a bucket whilst I was sat on the toilet and I even had a double bagged bag in the bucket.

When the fever hits though, I get it. I understand. I only had a minor case of it but I've often said I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. Sorry you had to do that, that's when you result to the worst thing possible I guess. < 3

Back